EXS Aerover Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alanyu

by alanyu

C36 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:07 pm
alanyu wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:03 pm
C36 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:32 pm
nunokas wrote:Are they still selling to Europe?
Billy Yang is taking time to give me a prediction for a 90/400mm bar...
Exs? You mean “yet”? They never had real selling channels outside Asia. Tried to engage with one of the guys behind the brand and can’t say he is very talkative. Shame cause this bar has absolutely everything. Light, adjustable, flare, proper cable routing, large geometry options…
If you meant Aerover only.

Their bars (R150 and R180) have been sold outside Asia through their website. I even helped EXS collect and re-ship to one guy who ordered to DE but moved to FR due to his work change, since I work in CH.
Aren't they using Cycling100? few months ago (may I think) when I tried to purchase a bar, they rerouted me to Cycling100 that had quite some problems to deliver. I recontacted them last October and got a 2 line answer so I gave up.
I forgot the exact time I did that in this year, but I'm sure the guy bought from EXS website instead of C100. You also reminded me that they told me about the one-year contract with C100, but I have suggested them to stop selling through C100 ASAP due to the bad service based on SEKA sub.

Maddie

by Maddie

MagicShite wrote:Seriously guys, the world doesn't revolve around the western parts of the world. Get over yourselves.

These products have proper dealership support and warranty support IF you're located in China, where they have done their very best (in fact one of the finest experience I've ever had) in terms of customer service.

Eventually when they can get their supply chain stabilize I'm sure they'll be looking to expand. Heck if StiffWeenies did not post about this none of you all would even know this product exist.

Please be a bit more rational.
Very true. I imagine it's not easy to buy a Darimo bar/stem directly from the manufacturer when you are located in China. And sending it back to Spain in case of warranty would be a nightmare too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

Maddie wrote:Very true. I imagine it's not easy to buy a Darimo bar/stem directly from the manufacturer when you are located in China. And sending it back to Spain in case of warranty would be a nightmare too.
It’s perfectly fine not to deliver to western countries, nobody is twisting his arm, we can still find it’s a shame. It may be a will to not grow or not to deal with European laws.

Darimo was probably a bad example you picked, (between my brother and I) we got parts in Colombia, Ghana and Vietnam.

For faulty parts, in china, I dealt with farsports and winspace and they sent replacement part upfront (bar, spacers, gps support and hubs).

MagicShite

by MagicShite

Maddie wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:41 pm
MagicShite wrote:Seriously guys, the world doesn't revolve around the western parts of the world. Get over yourselves.

These products have proper dealership support and warranty support IF you're located in China, where they have done their very best (in fact one of the finest experience I've ever had) in terms of customer service.

Eventually when they can get their supply chain stabilize I'm sure they'll be looking to expand. Heck if StiffWeenies did not post about this none of you all would even know this product exist.

Please be a bit more rational.
Very true. I imagine it's not easy to buy a Darimo bar/stem directly from the manufacturer when you are located in China. And sending it back to Spain in case of warranty would be a nightmare too.
Yes, indeed.

There is a very thinly veiled double standard whining here that kinda smells funny to me.

I'm not even in China and I've already purchased 3 units. Stocks are already scarce within China itself, how would anyone expect them to currently cater to overseas market when they DID NOT have the intention to do so currently?

Westerners around here really should start realizing that the world doesn't revolve around them. It stinks of narcissism of the highest level.

You want to play? Sure, learn the language, actually communicate and talk to the people, that's it!

nunokas

by nunokas

And I'm doing that. I want it. I wait.
I know the difficulties within their domestic market (covid still closes entire factories) and I can see it's a quality and niche product. Spoke with Billy and it's not easy there... Be patient :wink:

alanyu

by alanyu

So my 380-110 classic bend Aerover finally came today. Some weight shots.

I'm not able to mount it due to some compatibility issue with rim brake and front light with gopro mount. Need to confirm more information with kirito before further step.

I was supposed to be a beta tester, but kirito mistook my size :noidea:. If he remembered my size correctly, there shouldn't be such an issue now.
Attachments
IMG_20230103_190353.jpg
IMG_20230103_185434.jpg
IMG_20230103_185338.jpg
IMG_20230103_185311.jpg
IMG_20230103_185257.jpg
IMG_20230103_185208.jpg

mathias720

by mathias720

is anyone having issues with the handlebars slipping ?
i am in contact with exs about this but wanted to know if anyone else had the problem.
i have aplied carbon paste both to the steerer tube, adapter piece(inside and outside) and inside of handlebar and torqued to the 5.5 NM

bet609

by bet609

these bars looks nice!

how is the garmin / gopro mount holding up?

mrlobber

by mrlobber

For anyone interested, there is a bunch of different width EXS Aerover traditional cockpits available at exs-cycling.com
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Ccache also seems to have gotten hold of some stock.

alanyu

by alanyu

bet609 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:13 am
these bars looks nice!

It's an overkill. Too chunky and heavy imo.

mathias720

by mathias720

bet609 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:13 am
these bars looks nice!

i have the wahoo version, but sits to far from handlebar ( even with roam) and to heavy.
i am designing new version myself.
currently sitting at around 15Gram
IMG_1245.jpeg
Unavngivet.png

racingtiger

by racingtiger

mrlobber wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:15 am
For anyone interested, there is a bunch of different width EXS Aerover traditional cockpits available at exs-cycling.com
Anyone know if they are going to make a non-intergrated traditional bar?
NOW WITH MORE FLAVOR THAN KOOL-AID!

I'm 129 lbs! How's that for light!

micky

by micky

If my memory serves me right, whent they first showed the initial handlebar, I asked if they were going for a traditional bend and the answer was that there was no high request for that shape.
Then when this Aerover appeared I was surprised to see a traditional bend.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

racingtiger wrote:
mrlobber wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:15 am
Anyone know if they are going to make a non-intergrated traditional bar?
Currently thry wont be producing any of these or have plans to in the future

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry