EXS Aerover Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

micky wrote:If my memory serves me right, whent they first showed the initial handlebar, I asked if they were going for a traditional bend and the answer was that there was no high request for that shape.
Then when this Aerover appeared I was surprised to see a traditional bend.
They decided to make some for the fact that there wasnt an intergrated traditional bend on the market but didnt think it was going to really make much money more for the fun of having produced them.

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

alanyu

by alanyu

Upload some figures.

Not my favourite shape, but there is no other choice. I prefer SL 88 shape, which offers more space at hood and drop due to the less drop at the corner and a larger radius around the drop.

The hole size is aroung 12*7.5 mm, and routing (R9100 mechanic) through the bar is easy, but the shift cable is bent significiantly from the corner exit to the hood, again due to the sharp drop shape. I had to file the hole downwards around 1mm, which let the cable exit at a better angle to reduce the stress. I contacted Kirito before doing so, and he confirmed that I can file it, since there is quite a lot headroom regarding the strength and my weight is low.

Its stiffness around the drop is in between 3T aeroflux and Pro vibe aero sl (3T is stiffer than Pro), which is enough for me.

P. S., EXS will probably make a 2nd generation in the next 1-2 years, but only in compact shape. They are losing money on the traditional one since it sells bad currently.
Attachments
IMG_20230112_191402.jpg
IMG_20230112_191418.jpg
IMG_20230110_215145.jpg
IMG_20230112_191345.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

blaugrana

by blaugrana

Personally it's a bit too much money for me at the moment, given that there is a risk that the shape doesn't feel quite right. The bottom of the bend might be a bit too tight for my large hands, but this is hard to judge without actually trying them. Also the lack of a European distributor hurts the value perception in case there's a need to use the warranty, and at this price that's hard to overlook (not blaming them, just to be clear, but it's still an important factor).

That said, they are the best looking integrated bars on the market. The overall design of the top part and stem is nice, and the traditional bend still gives bikes that aggressive but elegant look that compact bars just don't have.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

That top section, transition from flat section of bars to shifters, looks painful for the wrists.
If someone would like something close but more comfortable in a separate combo, latest Deda SuperZero RS could be something!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

alanyu

by alanyu

wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:21 pm
That top section, transition from flat section of bars to shifters, looks painful for the wrists.
If someone would like something close but more comfortable in a separate combo, latest Deda SuperZero RS could be something!
Yes, that's why I need to mount the shifter higher. However, superzero RS is not traditional bend. I could buy compact aerover much earlier if I didn't want a traditional one.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

alanyu wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:40 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:21 pm
Yes, that's why I need to mount the shifter higher. However, superzero RS is not traditional bend. I could buy compact aerover much earlier if I didn't want a traditional one.
I get it!
I see i wouldn't get a good position on these bars. But it's good that you do.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Looking for some dimensions here if possible?

Current Ali E bars that are based on a head tube/bearing seat thats 55mm in diameter. There's a bit of overhang longitudinally that you can see in the photo below.
Screenshot_20230222_112853.jpg
I would like to avoid this look on good bars if I get these.... does anyone know the length (fore to aft) of the spacers/base of the bar?

Thanks all,
Kurt

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

blaugrana wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:19 pm
Personally it's a bit too much money for me at the moment, given that there is a risk that the shape doesn't feel quite right. The bottom of the bend might be a bit too tight for my large hands, but this is hard to judge without actually trying them. Also the lack of a European distributor hurts the value perception in case there's a need to use the warranty, and at this price that's hard to overlook (not blaming them, just to be clear, but it's still an important factor).

That said, they are the best looking integrated bars on the market. The overall design of the top part and stem is nice, and the traditional bend still gives bikes that aggressive but elegant look that compact bars just don't have.
Matter of taste. As personally I don't like the traditional ones both in setup and looks. Its more handlebar then bike for me 😂

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Kurt1980 wrote:Looking for some dimensions here if possible?

Current Ali E bars that are based on a head tube/bearing seat thats 55mm in diameter. There's a bit of overhang longitudinally that you can see in the photo below.
I would like to avoid this look on good bars if I get these.... does anyone know the length (fore to aft) of the spacers/base of the bar?

Thanks all,
Kurt
A bar and stem combo that is designed for integrated cables will always have overhang and look out of place. I would personally just get a lightweight stem and some nice aero bars

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

robbosmans wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:23 am
Kurt1980 wrote:Looking for some dimensions here if possible?

Thanks all,
Kurt
A bar and stem combo that is designed for integrated cables will always have overhang and look out of place. I would personally just get a lightweight stem and some nice aero bars
Ahhh, I see what you mean. Good point, thanks.

alanyu

by alanyu

Kurt1980 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:36 am

Thanks all,
Kurt
The base is 52 mm in length and 46 mm in width, kammtail shaped. It sits smoothly on my headtube with 46 mm OD as I posted before.

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

alanyu wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:03 pm
Kurt1980 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:36 am

Thanks all,
Kurt
The base is 52 mm in length and 46 mm in width, kammtail shaped. It sits smoothly on my headtube with 46 mm OD as I posted before.
Thanks for the info on alanyu!

rorz

by rorz

I have been very happy with mine. Good communication and nice integration with my venge.
I went with 380x130 after reading about shorter reach and am glad I went with 10mm longer stem than I was running previously.
Attachments
20230224_132309.jpg
20230224_132253.jpg

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Where are you located and how much time took the shipping?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rorz

by rorz

eins4eins wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:40 am
Where are you located and how much time took the shipping?
I am in the UK.
I ordered on the 8th January and they arrived 23rd January.
They did also WhatsApp me to check what frame I had to include the correct spacers.
The tracker displayed when they dispatched it and then when it left China but after that it didn't want to update after that. The local courier did email before delivery and it was quicker than I expected anyway.