Elilee XXE Crankset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Maddie

by Maddie

wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:27 am
I think it's a pity that the Q-factor is 149mm (it would have been better if it were 145mm).
Adjusting your cleats solves this (non-) issue. And if you are out adjustment range, you can still add washers between pedal axle and crank.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Maddie wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:37 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
I think it's a pity that the Q-factor is 149mm (it would have been better if it were 145mm).
Adjusting your cleats solves this (non-) issue. And if you are out adjustment range, you can still add washers between pedal axle and crank.
No it doesn't! I say i want a lower Q not more!
BTW, you can't teach me this since i've been doing this for years....
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:07 am
Maddie wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:37 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
No it doesn't! I say i want a lower Q not more!
BTW, you can't teach me this since i've been doing this for years....
Many of us already have cleats all the way inward, and adding spacers goes in the wrong direction

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

integration wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:00 am
... as I've been dreaming of having a carbon crank with a 24mm axle for years now.
Aldhu Carbon is compatible with their 24mm axle, isn't it?

Why the 24mm preference? Small BB shell? 30mm is generally both lighter and stiffer.

RDY

by RDY

integration wrote:
RDY wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:26 pm
StiffWeenies wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:11 pm
mrlobber wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:51 pm

Yes, please, for the community :D It's the mounting interface, not the spiders themselves, though, which really interest us here, to understand potential compatibility with other stuff around.
It uses Cinch, same as Easton and Cybrei

P2M, Sigeyi and Xcadey all make compatible PM spiders
The Carbon and Aluminium axles are listed as DUB / 30mm. Obviously it uses an adapter for one or the other, but is it better to use a DUB or 30mm BB? I know it uses a a preload adjuster like SRAM DUB does, which is also plastic like the SRAM one. Can one replace it with the metal Cane Creek / Kogel / Muc Off DUB preload adjuster?

They also have a 2 year warranty for their aluminum and carbon axles. They have a lifetime warranty for their 24mm titanium axles.
This seems a little suspicious. Lifetime warranty on the cranks and titanium axles. 2 year on the aluminium and carbon axles .... guessing there were a lot of failures after a simulated 2 or 3 year period on the test jigs?

xsnailx

by xsnailx

BigBoyND wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:20 am
integration wrote:
... as I've been dreaming of having a carbon crank with a 24mm axle for years now.

Why the 24mm preference? Small BB shell? 30mm is generally both lighter and stiffer.
except that case when you have to deal with bb86 frame - where you have problem with 4130 conversion bearings and the only option that makes sense is -Token DBB4130S BKTK or ROTOR 4130 as they are not a small ball bearings in a sleeve

token is better imo beeing made of stainless stell and having much lower profile - in my case they lasted 3 years of race beating and still running strong

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

BigBoyND wrote:
integration wrote:

Aldhu Carbon is only available for 30mm. Any benefit from a stiffer, lighter axle will be outweighed by the shortcomings of small bearings that wear out prematurely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Is that bearing "issue" real or just theoretical? I have 6000km on my training/racing bike (i.e. those are hard km) with 30mm spindle and bbinfinite bb86. Spins smooth as butter, no play, no noise.

How many km do you consider premature? If I'll have to replace the bearings every 10,000km, that's not a big deal, imo.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

BigBoyND wrote:Is that bearing "issue" real or just theoretical? I have 6000km on my training/racing bike (i.e. those are hard km) with 30mm spindle and bbinfinite bb86. Spins smooth as butter, no play, no noise.

How many km do you consider premature? If I'll have to replace the bearings every 10,000km, that's not a big deal, imo.
If I have to spend $200 for a ABEC-7 BB that’s too high a price to pay for me to make a poor engineering situation work. BBI have a beautifully made product but most people trying to use a 30mm axle on a bike with a BB shell designed for a chainset with a 24mm axle are going to baulk at paying that premium. A regular BB is going to fail way sooner than the BBI one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

BigBoyND wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:43 pm
Is that bearing "issue" real or just theoretical? I have 6000km on my training/racing bike (i.e. those are hard km) with 30mm spindle and bbinfinite bb86. Spins smooth as butter, no play, no noise.

10,000km would be once a year for me. That's premature in my book. If I'm having to replace my BB every year, I'm looking elsewhere.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

That's just a number I threw out. They could last much longer.

Also, replacing bearings doesn't necessitate replacing the whole BB, at least with BBinfinite
Last edited by BigBoyND on Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

integration

by integration

BigBoyND wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:43 pm

I am hoping not to replace Bbinfinite bearings that soon. That is $215 USD just in parts before tax and shipping each time not to mention any potential labor costs. 😂

Which is also why I'm interested in the Elilee 24mm titanium axle option. Would not want to replace a whole crank and with smaller bearings that have some tendency to wear out faster. That's a lot of potential lose-lose scenarios.

Another thing that is slowing me down in pulling the trigger is whether this relatively still unknown overseas company will honor their warranty guarantees according to international standards.

sehyang82

by sehyang82

Has anyone tried this product? Interested pull the trigger on their Carbon axle crankset with P2Max combo, but not much reviews or feedbacks I can find.

나의 SM-S916N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

juantc93

by juantc93

i just installed the titanium axle version, 390g cranks + spider. weather hasn't been kind so my testing is limited to indoor trainer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rhs2z

by rhs2z

juantc93 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:10 pm
i just installed the titanium axle version, 390g cranks + spider. weather hasn't been kind so my testing is limited to indoor trainer.
Earlier in this thread, someone reported testing that the Ti axle was significantly less stiff. Can you comment on how this crank feels? What were you using before?

Edit: IIRC, DA 9100 is 490g sans rings. So 100g lighter than the standard 24mm spindle option, but at what compromise with flexiness?