Elilee XXE Crankset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

To be fair, it's probably easier for people in China to access SRAM and Shimano than it is for people outside China to access Elilee. I think the asymmetry of accessibility was his point.

Of course, the asymmetry of affordability is a whole other discussion.

And I don't think the discussion should be neutered just because the cranks etc aren't accessible to all.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

hansotto089 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:13 am
Yada yada - will there ever be a 175 version?
Yes! The carbon axle will have a 175mm option. 172.5mm max for the alloy and Ti axles.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

MagicShite wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:42 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:17 pm
So for the rest outside Asia, Vaporware!
I can just imagine having one of these small brand cranks, having a bolt with damaged threads or anything really, you probably have a piece junk laying around.
Buying Sram, Easton yada yada it's an easy fix.
The world doesn't revolve around the western parts of the world. GTFO with this narcissistic behavior of yours.

It's just incredibly sad sour grapes at this point. Please just stick to the topic instead of ranting about things that you're too envious about.
Haha, i'm not envious and the point of getting spare parts are likely true.
Overhere i hear bike shop say same thing about big brands like FSA.
But if it makes you happy to have your view, fine. It really doesn't change much.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Kurt1980 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:07 am
To be fair, it's probably easier for people in China to access SRAM and Shimano than it is for people outside China to access Elilee. I think the asymmetry of accessibility was his point.

Of course, the asymmetry of affordability is a whole other discussion.

And I don't think the discussion should be neutered just because the cranks etc aren't accessible to all.
Everybody is all happy when they get stuff. But when people have issues which come down to spare parts or help from the company, they often see things differently.
It may come down to a damaged threaded insert or a bolt fixing the crank in the BB.
It's often these small things that end up being a problem.
It's about looking at what might happen, not about pissing about for no reason.

Frankly, the most negative reports we see reading about stuff are the small issues of spare parts and repairs.

Also, in these times you can probably buy almost everything, if you just put your mind to it.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

C36

by C36

MagicShite wrote:[
The world doesn't revolve around the western parts of the world. GTFO with this narcissistic behavior of yours.
That was about a week you didn’t make a eastern/western, narcissistic post. You are making this « fight » in your mind.
Farsports was at this level of questioning 5-6 years ago, with questionable support, warranty and since then they step up their game, winspace went very quickly from « where am I risking » to « they offer a solid support ».

Here it’s the place where we can share info and if support to western countries is not there, fine, just good to know so you calibrate the risk level you are comfortable with.
Last edited by C36 on Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

C36 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:33 pm
That was about a week you didn’t make you eastern/western, narcissistic post. You are making this « fight » in your mind.
Farsports was at this level of questioning 5-6 years ago, with questionable support, warranty and since then they step up their game, winspace went very quickly from « where am I risking » to « they offer a solid support ».

Here it’s the place where we can share info and if support to western countries is not there, fine, just good to know so you calibrate the risk level you are comfortable with.
There is a fundamental difference here because Farsports and Winspace ARE originally meant to target the international audience. They should be held up to a different standard. Heck I was one of the very few first ones who lambasted Winspace over their extremely poor customer service.

EXS, particularly the earlier batches of Aerover for example, were NOT MEANT to be sold yet outside of China.

Stop projecting. EDIT: I will stop calling a spade a spade when the spade stops being a spade. Please be rational.

C36

by C36

MagicShite wrote:
C36 wrote:
That was about a week you didn’t make you eastern/western, narcissistic post. You are making this « fight » in your mind.

There is a fundamental difference here because Farsports and Winspace ARE originally meant to target the international audience. They should be held up to a different standard. Heck I was one of the very few first ones who lambasted Winspace over their extremely poor customer service.

EXS, particularly the earlier batches of Aerover for example, were NOT MEANT to be sold yet outside of China.

Stop projecting. EDIT: I will stop calling a spade a spade when the spade stops being a spade. Please be rational.
You are in Don Quijote mode making your own crusade.

People rightfully question how support will work outside china.
You are the only one seeing a claim they should have a distribution in each LBS around the world. They don’t, like winspace doesn’t, like farsport doesn’t but also like many custom-bikes brands have a ultra limited coverage, and will also impose a complex customer service (I have in mind Sarto, where you have to send the frame to them) and nobody makes a drama out of this. People raise risks and people decide the risk level they are comfortable with.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

C36 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:57 pm
MagicShite wrote:
C36 wrote:

You are in Don Quijote mode making your own crusade.

People rightfully question how support will work outside china.
You are the only one seeing a claim they should have a distribution in each LBS around the world. They don’t, like winspace doesn’t, like farsport doesn’t but also like many custom-bikes brands have a ultra limited coverage, and will also impose a complex customer service (I have in mind Sarto, where you have to send the frame to them) and nobody makes a drama out of this. People raise risks and people decide the risk level they are comfortable with.
You are missing the entire point.

Winspace and Farsports both have an international channel and was reviewed internationally. Their goal was clear as day, to sell to an international audience. Guess what, they both have a dealership/distribution channel back here in Malaysia. Spare parts are easy to get especially over at Indonesia as well as they have a proper distribution channel there. Same for SEKA as well. Some of these "support" depends on how well setup the businesses are back in your country.

Both EXS Aerover and Elilee Cranks were only meant (initially) to be sold locally via the local dealers. They have no intention to publicize this internationally yet. The whole point here that everyone is missing is, "if StiffWeenies did not post any of these things none of you will even realize this product exist to begin with".

So why complain about something you were never suppose to be able to "buy" conveniently (and also receive support) at the first place?

Apparently I am not the only one here who thinks some of you here are acting overly entitled.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

^
Yeah, you probably are!
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Hexsense

by Hexsense

MagicShite wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:00 am
"if StiffWeenies did not post any of these things none of you will even realize this product exist to begin with".

So why complain about something you were never suppose to be able to "buy" conveniently (and also receive support) at the first place?

Apparently I am not the only one here who thinks some of you here are acting overly entitled.
You are not alone.

If it's not available in their local area. Oh, what a shame. Don't buy it.
Or if you buy it you know your inconvenience if things go wrong and you need dealer support.
But bashing a brand because they never intend to market in your local area is very self centered.

Think of Tesla car as an example how this logic apply. If Tesla is not marketing their car in your country yet.
You either buy grey import and accept the risk of having no dealer. Or just don't. Maybe wait until it properly market in your country is another option if you really want to have it. But bashing Tesla as inferior to Kia and Toyota (and mark them as Vaporware) because it's not available in your home country is silly self centered.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Colonizers be colonizing

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Hexsense wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:17 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:17 pm
So for the rest outside Asia, Vaporware!
Sorry that you are the minority.
World population include 7.88 billion people.
More than half of that are Asian (4.561 billion). Among those, 1.42 billions are Chinese and 1.40 billions are Indian. Then there are still many more populous countries in Asia.
So, if it's available in Asia, it's available for more than half of the global demographic. It just happen to not include your local area.
I wonder how this rario would change if you only include populations that owns a crankset of this price level.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Hexsense wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:03 am
MagicShite wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:00 am
"if StiffWeenies did not post any of these things none of you will even realize this product exist to begin with".

You are not alone.

If it's not available in their local area. Oh, what a shame. Don't buy it.
Or if you buy it you know your inconvenience if things go wrong and you need dealer support.
But bashing a brand because they never intend to market in your local area is very self centered.

Think of Tesla car as an example how this logic apply. If Tesla is not marketing their car in your country yet.
You either buy grey import and accept the risk of having no dealer. Or just don't. Maybe wait until it properly market in your country is another option if you really want to have it. But bashing Tesla as inferior to Kia and Toyota (and mark them as Vaporware) because it's not available in your home country is silly self centered.
It's the potential issue with small brands longivity and getting spare parts or warranty back up.
It's not that i care for me, as i wouldn't be their customer. I have already done deals like this with things that cost over 10K.

It's just a thing that people should think of before they pull the trigger. I don't get one thing with many of you.
You are at a forum for NERDS!
Do you only think of yourselves? It might be many more people not posting and not thinking of certain things around a purchase.
I bet many use all forums for tips, ideas and opinions. It's always good to mention what is relevant to think of.

You're so fast to get hick-ups and piss on eachother.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

C36

by C36

MagicShite wrote: You are missing the entire point.

[…]

Both EXS Aerover and Elilee Cranks were only meant (initially) to be sold locally via the local dealers. They have no intention to publicize this internationally yet. The whole point here that everyone is missing is, "if StiffWeenies did not post any of these things none of you will even realize this product exist to begin with".

You can now note they moved away from “only meant to be sold via local dealers” and are «fully selling internationally», have several dealers in Europe, Italy has one active (apparently) and are about to get one in France.

They are reactive over their chat but still waiting to understand how to install it on a pf30a frame (spacers to manage the asymmetry in the BB). I suggested them over a month ago to contact Fairwheels who were running crank stiffness tests to showcase the work they did. Not sure if they went this route.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Who is the italian dealer?