Elilee XXE Crankset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DinnerPlateSpinner

by DinnerPlateSpinner

I have got my bike back, but due to the poor weather over the weekend, I did not take it for a spin.

However, everything looks fine and the mechanic said that it went together without much hassle.

This new crank and the bottom bracket I chose has reduced the overall weight of my bike by around 230g. Previously it was an Ultegra R8000 crank (50/34) with an Ultegra bottom bracket.

lightklein2

by lightklein2

Pictures please...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Erwin

by Erwin

The weight is nice, but I don't like the look of it. It is so bulky/porky. Nicest and reasonable light crank at the moment for me is Rotor Aldhu Carbon. The problems RDY is reporting is not worth the hassle in my opionion. And price is two times a Aldhu carbon crank.

lightklein2

by lightklein2

...there is ab 20% for the Novanta crank on AliExpress...

mathias720

by mathias720

lightklein2 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:24 am
...there is ab 20% for the Novanta crank on AliExpress...
where as i see it there is i price increase in the last few days on ali express ?

mathias720

by mathias720

Ordered a set of novante carbon axle 170mm
lets see how this turns out.
will pair it with sigeyi 5x110 powermeter

Stoffa

by Stoffa

I dont see this 20% discount? Links pls?

DinnerPlateSpinner

by DinnerPlateSpinner

Stoffa wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:00 am
I dont see this 20% discount? Links pls?
Don't think 20% discount exists. There's an 8% discount but they also increased the price.....so you probably end up paying the same amount as before black Friday anyway!

The crankset is $750 without power meter. I don't think they'd discount it by $150.

Could be wrong though.

lightklein2

by lightklein2

Any news about updates or more experience with the x-novanta crankset?

ichobi

by ichobi

Got the srm version couple months back for the lab71 build. There’s some play between the spindle and bb. Trying to fix it but otherwise no issue. Sturdy enough and insanely light for the price. Finish is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDY

by RDY

ichobi wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:21 pm
Got the srm version couple months back for the lab71 build. There’s some play between the spindle and bb. Trying to fix it but otherwise no issue. Sturdy enough and insanely light for the price. Finish is great.

Isn't play between spindle and BB rather a big issue? Especially on a carbon spindle with much lower surface hardness than alu / ti / steel spindle. Aside from the play itself, isn't this risking wear to the spindle and eventual failure?

ichobi

by ichobi

RDY wrote:
ichobi wrote:

Isn't play between spindle and BB rather a big issue? Especially on a carbon spindle with much lower surface hardness than alu / ti / steel spindle. Aside from the play itself, isn't this risking wear to the spindle and eventual failure?
May be. We havent assembled the bike yet so am not sure if it’s the reducer/ expander size that is wrong. This is the first srm type sold in the market we didnt even have the powerunit fitting tools shipped to us. We have to get the factory to send us the schematic to get a local workshop to mill it. If that proves to be the case i will get them to send the correct part. If not, then i will warranty it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so

RDY

by RDY

ichobi wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:22 pm
RDY wrote:
ichobi wrote:

May be. We havent assembled the bike yet so am not sure if it’s the reducer/ expander size that is wrong. This is the first srm type sold in the market we didnt even have the powerunit fitting tools shipped to us. We have to get the factory to send us the schematic to get a local workshop to mill it. If that proves to be the case i will get them to send the correct part. If not, then i will warranty it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so
I thought you meant you were riding it like that. One of the reducers was way off (OD much too big) and had to be sanded a lot in my case. We had to return it though as we still couldn't get it to spin without binding, either using 29mm on Hambini BB or 30mm on Token. We weren't exactly sure what the issue was.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

RDY wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:38 pm
ichobi wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:22 pm
RDY wrote:
ichobi wrote:
I thought you meant you were riding it like that. One of the reducers was way off (OD much too big) and had to be sanded a lot in my case. We had to return it though as we still couldn't get it to spin without binding, either using 29mm on Hambini BB or 30mm on Token. We weren't exactly sure what the issue was.
Sounds like there are some teething issues yet to be ironed out. I was thinking of going for the Novata, but you have to wonder whether 50g is really worth the risk of having a short part life. On my FSA K-force BB386 cranks, after a couple of years of use you can see quite a bit of wear and tear on the spindle where it interfaces with the bearings. If that happens with the Novata, my guess is that its just going to chew into the carbon, develop a lot of play and then eventually break. The XXE is probably more practical.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

toxin

by toxin

The elilee cranks have 28mm axles so you have to use the provided plastic sleeves. So there's no direct contact with the bearing

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com