Enve Melee

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

patchandscruff

by patchandscruff

From a purely aesthetic perspective, the Madone SLR really isn't a good looking bike when you see one in the flesh/carbon, it's going to date fairly quickly. Think Venge 1.0. While the Ostro VAM is just bland. It really is bland. The Melee however has the 'oooh' factor. It looks incredible up close.

Rkreddevil

by Rkreddevil

Is it possible to run non-Enve stem on melee?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pmprego

by pmprego

ome rodriguez wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 7:30 am
Yet it kind of leaves the headset open to water and debris to more easily enter that space, no?

Devastazione

by Devastazione

This frame is growing on me even if I'm not a fan of the lower chainstays thing. The paintjob is a killer, so simple and utilitarian, and with that funky top tube maybe I could finally try to be a showoff without any spacer :D . It calls for ENVE wheels anyway, even if I cannot stand J bend spokes's ugliness.
I really wonder how sales are going.

garbageman

by garbageman

I'd guess sales aren't very good. I've seen 1 in the wild and I came across a listing on pinkbike from a shop with 2 framesets w/ stem and bars (which Tobin said was the minimum order quantity) at $3600. They raised the price to $3900 after selling one of them and the second one seemed to sell at that price as well.

patchandscruff

by patchandscruff

garbageman wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 8:58 pm
I'd guess sales aren't very good. I've seen 1 in the wild and I came across a listing on pinkbike from a shop with 2 framesets w/ stem and bars (which Tobin said was the minimum order quantity) at $3600. They raised the price to $3900 after selling one of them and the second one seemed to sell at that price as well.
You've come to the conclusion that sales aren't good from that yeah?

crlincoln

by crlincoln

Well I picked mine up on Friday evening, just in time for a 100mile sportive today... I've decided to give the classified system a go as well, so it's all new toys to play with...

My LBS, in the South of the UK, is doing a steady stream on Melee's...

Initial impressions today has been it's quick, it's comfortable, also getting used to 4.5ses, so running wider tyres than I've been used to before... but all seemed good... I did go for the full enve brand and have wrapped with the enve tyres... those may go... they were so so...
Attachments
IMG_8610.JPEG

pmprego

by pmprego

The simplicity of this bike is everything. I just don't have one cause I don't have the money for it. It's 100% the bike most appropriate for 90% of the riders out there buying high end bikes.

Geometey and the fact that I can pick specific components measures such as setback and handelavr size. That's a win!

garbageman

by garbageman

patchandscruff wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:28 pm
garbageman wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 8:58 pm
You've come to the conclusion that sales aren't good from that yeah?
You can read, yeah?

Devastazione

by Devastazione

crlincoln wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:39 pm
Well I picked mine up on Friday evening, just in time for a 100mile sportive today... I've decided to give the classified system a go as well, so it's all new toys to play with...

Initial impressions today has been it's quick, it's comfortable, also getting used to 4.5ses, so running wider tyres than I've been used to before... but all seemed good... I did go for the full enve brand and have wrapped with the enve tyres... those may go... they were so so...
So beautiful man. Looks like a 56, can you confirm ?

ps : i love my Exposure light :wink: .

crlincoln

by crlincoln

Devastazione wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:50 am
crlincoln wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:39 pm

So beautiful man. Looks like a 56, can you confirm ?

ps : i love my Exposure light :wink: .
No it's actually 58, generally my previous bike's have been 56, Factor 02, BMC. But when we looked closely at the sizes/dimensions of the Melee, it made sense to go up a size. Else I'd have been running excessively long seat post and a bunch of spacers and long stem... so went up to 58 for a more balanced bike... (looks balanced as well)

To be honest it feels like a 56! and yes, got to have the exposure light hidden out the way...

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Thanks !

I look forward to see if this frame may go on sale sometimes and I'll probably think seriously about it.
Please keep us updated about how it rides and the eventual slipping seatpost if any.

crlincoln

by crlincoln

Did a 100miles on the normal crap uk roads… gravel/pot holes etc…. Seat post didn’t slip a mm, I put some electrical tape to mark just in case it did slip the have a known point..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Check out this killer deal ! And they have my size too... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
melee.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com