Enve Melee

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Figured i would share this one here, Enve Melee 56 Dura ace/ classified build for customer

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Best colour
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

Not feeling the blue at all.... love the Direct Energies gloss colorway though.

jcooley

by jcooley

EtoDemerzel wrote:Not feeling the blue at all.... love the Direct Energies gloss colorway though.
I think the original color is the only color that will ever look good on that bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UltraMaraFun

by UltraMaraFun

I am trying to decide whether I go for a Melee, or S-Works SL8 frameset. I already have a TCR and a SystemSIX, and would probably move on the TCR as the SystemSIX is a great all out aero bike. I am edging towards the SL8 as it proably builds up lighter than the Melee, so would be a lighter/more aero replacement for the TCR. First world problems I know, anyone ridden the Melee and SL8 and can give some plus/minus for each? Or I could just not buy either, but cycle to work scheme makes it very appealing/more affordable!
Bikes:
2024 Giant Revolt Adv Pro - AXS Eagle XX1 / GRX820
2020 SystemSIX Hi-Mod - Dura-Ace Di2 12 Speed
2021 Giant TCR ADV Pro Disc - Ultegra Di2 12 Speed
2020 Giant Revolt ADV 2 **For Sale**
2019 Genesis Team Zero Disc - SOLD Oct 2020

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

agree the blue does nothing for me but the total energies scheme is so much hetter

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

jcooley wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:39 pm
EtoDemerzel wrote:Not feeling the blue at all.... love the Direct Energies gloss colorway though.
I think the original color is the only color that will ever look good on that bike

The silver was the only reason I didn't buy the frameset when I was looking for a new bike. I wanted the blue but there were none in my size.

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

UltraMaraFun wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:01 pm
I am trying to decide whether I go for a Melee, or S-Works SL8 frameset. I already have a TCR and a SystemSIX, and would probably move on the TCR as the SystemSIX is a great all out aero bike. I am edging towards the SL8 as it proably builds up lighter than the Melee, so would be a lighter/more aero replacement for the TCR. First world problems I know, anyone ridden the Melee and SL8 and can give some plus/minus for each? Or I could just not buy either, but cycle to work scheme makes it very appealing/more affordable!
Melee - sublime handling, confident
SL8- racy, more edgy feel
SL8 will build up lighter
Melee is more unique. SL8 is a dime a dozen, just part of the club- but not a bad thing if that's what you like.

Melee give you a "module" with choice of setback, stem and bar sizing. So in this world, it's actually a value.
SL8 is a typical frameset but maybe you want a different cockpit so it could be a plus.
SL8 has more color choices, if you can find them available.

You mentioned bike to work, and Melee has the fender mounts and tire clearance. Maybe a consideration.

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

duplicate-delete

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i would not bike to work on a 10k melee bike just because of easy theft when left alone and folks who hit their bike against your due to carelessness

sigma

by sigma

EtoDemerzel wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:02 am
UltraMaraFun wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:01 pm
Melee - sublime handling, confident
SL8- racy, more edgy feel
SL8 will build up lighter
Melee is more unique. SL8 is a dime a dozen, just part of the club- but not a bad thing if that's what you like.

Melee give you a "module" with choice of setback, stem and bar sizing. So in this world, it's actually a value.
SL8 is a typical frameset but maybe you want a different cockpit so it could be a plus.
SL8 has more color choices, if you can find them available.

You mentioned bike to work, and Melee has the fender mounts and tire clearance. Maybe a consideration.
Have both. Less time on the SL8 so far but in general agree with these comments. Melee is super versatile. Run mine with 2 wheelset (3.4 + 4.5) with wider (35) and normal (30) tires. Fender mounts make it very usable in the offseason. Great handling and ride quality. Super planted. SL8 defintiely more racy but also very comfortable. Loved the ability to pick the components for the Melee (Enve is our team sponsor). Can't really tell any difference in the aero speed between the two...
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

jecgarci

by jecgarci

anybody else follow outdoorbros in IG? just wondering if they're riding the melee or is it a new enve bike. He seems to be in a group ride that appears to be organized by enve and from the looks of it, he's hiding shots of what bike they're riding. Or maybe its just me getting my hopes up since I am looking into the melee to replace my aethos lol

patchandscruff

by patchandscruff

jecgarci wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:54 am
anybody else follow outdoorbros in IG? just wondering if they're riding the melee or is it a new enve bike. He seems to be in a group ride that appears to be organized by enve and from the looks of it, he's hiding shots of what bike they're riding. Or maybe its just me getting my hopes up since I am looking into the melee to replace my aethos lol
If you got to the photos from the folk that he road with you can see that they’re all on either a white or a metallic olive-green bike. If that’s the alleged ‘Frey’ then it’s nothing radical at all. They’re also riding on gravel and road, so whatever it is, it won’t be a weight weenie frame.

jecgarci

by jecgarci

If you got to the photos from the folk that he road with you can see that they’re all on either a white or a metallic olive-green bike. If that’s the alleged ‘Frey’ then it’s nothing radical at all. They’re also riding on gravel and road, so whatever it is, it won’t be a weight weenie frame.
[/quote]

Thought it was the melee with the new one piece enve barstem which is what I'm planning if I do switch to the melee. I have yet to see anyone use it, maybe because of low stock.

jcooley

by jcooley

It’s gotta be for a new bike launch. Must be the supposed new endurance/all road bike. Whatever that means.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com