Favero assioma duo in other pedal body mods

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jenk

by jenk

Hey All

I have noticed that the Assioma Shi is able to be placed in many bodies other than the recommended shimano pedals, what my question is if the regular pedal on the look keo style pedal if it were to be broken down to the shaft could it be installed on my look blade pedal with out too many issues (asides warranty)

Has any one done this mod and if so are there any images in the wild or how to links?

cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jenk

by jenk

anyone?

Yoln

by Yoln

Forget about it
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

jenk

by jenk

as in cant be done or no one knows Yoln?

usr

by usr

The non-Shi Assioma share their spindle/body interface with a well-known subset of Xpedo pedals (Favero has partnered with Xpedo so that they wouldn't have to design their own Keo clone mechanism), and that spindle/body interface has absolutely nothing in common with what Look is using on their own pedals. I'm fact Look have more in common with how Shimano does that than with how Xpedo/Favero do it. Look and Shimano have a body that's completely closed on the outboard end, fixing the body laterally with an inverse nut wrapped around the inboard end of the spindle, whereas Favero/Xpedo fix with a tiny regular nut on the outboard end, hidden behind a screw-on cap. (This certainly doesn't imply that Shimano and look bodies are interchangible, but they use the same basic design principle)

In short: clear and definite no, there is zero similarity outside the body/cleat interface.

jenk

by jenk

I think i mis wrote the question, the "non-shi" favero assiomas the ones that come in the look keo pedal, I was enquiring if that spindle could be removed an placed in a keo blade housing, that is if you are crazy enough to play with the setup, can that be done, but usr thanks for that explaination it was very precise

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

A Keo Blade compatible Assioma spindle would be incredible

jenk

by jenk

I know thus why i am asking, I want to buy a broken one to test it out, but they are hard to find on the cheap

jlok

by jlok

Maybe you can first do a visual check on the assioma and keo blade axle by googling them?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

jenk wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:17 am
I know thus why i am asking, I want to buy a broken one to test it out, but they are hard to find on the cheap
The problem with Look is that they appear to use a different spindle for each of their pedal bodies

If we look at the aftermarket, J&L has several listings for their Ti spindles depending on the model. The DUO-Shis work with several Shimano pedal bodies but a spindle for the Keo Blade would probably just work for that model/generation alone.

Milese

by Milese

jenk wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:17 am
There is a broken assioma pedal on UK ebay at the moment.

LouisN

by LouisN

jenk wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:43 am
Hey All

I have noticed that the Assioma Shi is able to be placed in many bodies other than the recommended shimano pedals, what my question is if the regular pedal on the look keo style pedal if it were to be broken down to the shaft could it be installed on my look blade pedal with out too many issues (asides warranty)

Has any one done this mod and if so are there any images in the wild or how to links?

cheers
I had older Look pedals for the last 2 or 3 decades, now on Favero Assioma.
The only Look pedals I immediately ditched after buying ( all failed) are the blade system.
I honestly don't know why someone would want to change the original Assioma for a Look blade body :noidea: ...
Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

leolas

by leolas

I would like to see if there is a mysterious way to attach a Look pedal body to an Asssioma spindle. The powermeter is spot on, the pedal body however sucks. A lot of float, and a carved out spot on the metal plate which is supposed to transfer hell lot of power to propel the bike. I don't like the Xpedo pedals but totally love the Favero's system (portability, easy to maintain, switch on the travel mode, etc.). So an option to upgrade to the Look pedal body would be incredible!