Panaracer Agilest

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jlok

by jlok

Grip in dry is excellent. Wet is not as good according to my friend. I think it's better than Pro One TLE.
Puncture resistance... I got once but let's just give it the benefit of doubt.
Ride quality is excellent.
Rolling resistance... both my friend and I feel it's excellent. I actually shed time in a climb with the Agilest against new High Road. See my previous post.
Longevity... I rate it low. The rear tire has quite a few of marks already. The wear indicator is not particularly deep.

Hope this help.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Finally was able to measure the tires mounted to 21mm ID rims. The 30mm tire at 60PSI measures 30mm wide and 25mm tall, the 25mm tire at 70PSI is 26mm wide and 20mm tall. The bike feels slightly more twitchy, but I am not sure if a 5mm difference could measurably contribute to that or it was a fluke.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

jlok wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:51 am
Grip in dry is excellent. Wet is not as good according to my friend. I think it's better than Pro One TLE.
Puncture resistance... I got once but let's just give it the benefit of doubt.
Ride quality is excellent.
Rolling resistance... both my friend and I feel it's excellent. I actually shed time in a climb with the Agilest against new High Road. See my previous post.
Longevity... I rate it low. The rear tire has quite a few of marks already. The wear indicator is not particularly deep.

Hope this help.
Thanks very much, jlok. Very helpful to get real world input.

jlok

by jlok

Klaster_1 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:52 am
Finally was able to measure the tires mounted to 21mm ID rims. The 30mm tire at 60PSI measures 30mm wide and 25mm tall, the 25mm tire at 70PSI is 26mm wide and 20mm tall. The bike feels slightly more twitchy, but I am not sure if a 5mm difference could measurably contribute to that or it was a fluke.
Same "twitchy" feeling here. It's like a change of a moto tire from a round profile to a "V" profile that transform the handling. It's like more "willing" to turn.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Magnetize6932

by Magnetize6932

If you have a BRR account, the Agilest 28 TLR could use your vote this month! Would be great to get these tested.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

x2

My vote is in

card0s

by card0s

x3
It is now tied with the GP5000 S TR 28 and is finally in winning position!

Put your votes in:
https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... /dashboard

jlok

by jlok

card0s wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:41 pm
x3

Put your votes in:
Would they go head to head if it's a tie?

Magnetize6932

by Magnetize6932

jlok wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:09 pm
card0s wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:41 pm
x3

Put your votes in:
Would they go head to head if it's a tie?
There are four winning tests per month based on BRR member votes, and they are selected using these rules:
  1. The 2 tires that get the most votes in a single month will be tested.
  2. The 2 tires that have the most total votes at the end of the month will be tested as well.
Right now the Agilest and S TR 28 are leading the most votes this month category.

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

I voted for the Agilest 28 TLR, FWIW.

Both the Agilest 28 TLR and the 5000 S TR 28 are now marked with "winning position," so I imagine we'll see some reviews soon-ish.

I'm looking at the ≈275-gram Agilest 30 TLR to replace a set of the OG 30mm Schwalbe S-Ones. Replacing the S-Ones with the Agilests would take about 110 grams off my bike...the Agilests are really, really light.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

I had the 25mm Gillar with Revoloop tubes for a total of 200g per tire. Now that was light! Especially considering it had a puncture protection belt. Agilest Light would be the same, it seems.

The Agilest TLR isn't bad in weight but not much lighter than 30mm GP5000S TR (292g) or the similarly sized 28mm Power Cup (281g). These tires are its direct competitors.

But still, I voted for this tire. Was really happy with the Gillar and would like to see the new TLR do well! Panaracer just needs to add a tan sidewall option :)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Slight rant about the current state of BRR voting.

I know it’s a democracy and all, but why is the 32mm Corsa N.EXT TLR nearly in a winning position when both the 26mm and 28mm have been reviewed. Additionally the 26mm clincher version is rising up the voting ranks.

Lakal

by Lakal

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:22 am

I know it’s a democracy and all, but why is the 32mm Corsa N.EXT TLR nearly in a winning position when both the 26mm and 28mm have been reviewed. Additionally the 26mm clincher version is rising up the voting ranks.
Agree, it is stupid.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:22 am

Agreed. In past comparisons of tyres such as the GP5000, BRR has shown that there's barely much difference between widths, in fact any difference is within the margin of error.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com