Panaracer Agilest

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Erwin

by Erwin

Quite ordinary tire. In no category it offers something special. Perhaps they are quite light, but that's it.I will skip them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Not sure what anyone expected. The previous Panaracer road tires all tested badly.

warthog101

by warthog101

Not any sort of class leader but not that bad. Rolls better than corsa n.ext.
I may try them if I can get them for a more reasonable price than some of the alternatives.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

warthog101 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:36 am
Not any sort of class leader but not that bad. Rolls better than corsa n.ext.
I may try them if I can get them for a more reasonable price than some of the alternatives.

The Agilest has one of the thinnest tread caps measured by BRR while the Corsa N.EXT has one of the thickest.

warthog101

by warthog101

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:37 am

The Agilest has one of the thinnest tread caps measured by BRR while the Corsa N.EXT has one of the thickest.
Fair enough thanks.
That makes them more ordinary a choice then.

s3si1u

by s3si1u

Quick update now that I've been riding these tires for a bit now.
I've got about a month and a half on the Agulest clinchers and I really do like them. They don't feel any slower or any less comfortable than my old tubeless Enves, but definitely feel more 'roady' to me.
Unfortunately in about a month and a half of riding (with TPU tubes) I've had two punctures. That's two more than I had in a year or so of riding tubeless. Maybe I just had some bad luck but I'm kinda wishing I had purchased the tubeless version now, we'll see if the punctures persist.
I'll ride these for a few more months to see what durability and puncture protection is really like.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

s3si1u wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:23 pm
Unfortunately in about a month and a half of riding (with TPU tubes) I've had two punctures. That's two more than I had in a year or so of riding tubeless.
During my time on Cerfs/Tubolitos I had several punctures a year too, going back to tubeless was a blessing - not a single puncture yet, even on tires that should have been thrown out long ago.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

(Delete)

nickf

by nickf

I have a couple of thousand miles on my Agilist 28s paired with latex tubes. I can't fault them. They roll well and are comfortable. Currently running at 77psi F/ 80 psi R. I'm around 76kg. I got them cheap from Excel sports, not sure I'm willing to pay full retail for them though. Might be going back to veloflex.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

I heard they had 32mm TLR with tan sidewalls at Taipei Cycle. I'd be up to try these when my Power Cup tires are toast. I liked the Gillar and this would be bigger, prettier, and more puncture resistant.

Buckland420

by Buckland420

The Panaracer website lists all current TLR sizes with a new 'amber' sidewall, and both black and amber in a new 32mm size:

https://panaracer.com/en/products/road_ ... st-tlr-en/

No pictures though.

charirider

by charirider

I have things to say about Panaracer Agelist Light (although I rode previous version, Gillar in 25mm, but basically they are the same thing compound and puncture protection wise).
I've done about 500k, and they roll very very nice.
In feel, very similar to GP5000, but a bit more supple.
Puncture protection wise - I am not to have a single puncture yet, although I hit some nasty road descents with plenty of cracks and potholes.
Coupled with R-Air tubes, they didin't blow out even during 15km+ steep descent in Japanese mountains.
I am not riding during rain, so cannot comment on wet grip, but in dry thay corner like on rails, very grippy.
And last thing, actual width. On my Vision Metron 40sl with 17mm internal width, they measure about 24mm now. So on the narrower side.
And remember, they weigh 50g less that GP5000 in 25mm, so total 100g saving on rotational mass - it is awesome.
I am sold on these.
WIll ride this GIllars untill they're done, than will buy Agelist Light.
Cheers.
Last edited by charirider on Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.9kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe size 55 (cyclocross) 9.8kg

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

I was happy with the Gillar as well, as long as I wasn't riding through downtown where idiots decorate the roads with glass.

With 25g TPU tubes, it's quite a WW setup!

charirider

by charirider

BigBoyND wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:33 am
I was happy with the Gillar as well, as long as I wasn't riding through downtown where idiots decorate the roads with glass.

Ligher than any tubular with decent puncture protection, in fact!

I still to have a single puncture in 1000km, but I am living in Japan and there is almost no crap on the roads even in the mountains or countryside...
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.9kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe size 55 (cyclocross) 9.8kg

jlok

by jlok

charirider wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:53 am
BigBoyND wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:33 am

Ligher than any tubular with decent puncture protection, in fact!

I still to have a single puncture in 1000km, but I am living in Japan and there is almost no crap on the roads even in the mountains or countryside...
No crap maybe, but I still remember the crappy roads in Shikoku...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com