About Cervelo S5 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

otnemem

by otnemem

Tomandtom wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:57 pm
I finally got my new bike, my 2023 cervelo s5

Size 54
Five black color
Ultegra 8100 groupset
Dura ace c60 with tublito s tube and 25c vitoria corsa tan color.
San marco aspide saddle
Shimano pedal(i don't know that series number)

7.92kg with pedal and garmin mount(no bottle cage, garmin, sensors)
Well... i think the frame is quite lighter than my worry. I need to ride but unfortunately rainy days here.
Is/Was that the Aspide Leggera?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tomandtom

by Tomandtom

hi otnemem.
yes. Aspide Leggera.

otnemem

by otnemem

Tomandtom wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:10 pm
hi otnemem.
yes. Aspide Leggera.
Thanks for that.

ichobi

by ichobi

Realistically can this bike say in size 48 or 51 in black gets close to 7.1kg without too much bling parts? Say a da di2 full set with perhaps rotor aldhu carbon crank to save some weight. Wheels i can use the black inc five at around 1320g. Tires will be turbo cotton with vittoria light tpu.

I can see all the parts are really quite heavy - fork, frame, bar, stem, seatpost all a bit porkier than other brand aero road models. Really want to try tbis one.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

ichobi wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:31 pm
Realistically can this bike say in size 48 or 51 in black gets close to 7.1kg without too much bling parts? Say a da di2 full set with perhaps rotor aldhu carbon crank to save some weight. Wheels i can use the black inc five at around 1320g. Tires will be turbo cotton with vittoria light tpu.

I can see all the parts are really quite heavy - fork, frame, bar, stem, seatpost all a bit porkier than other brand aero road models. Really want to try tbis one.
I love the look of this bike.. I weighed a 51 with DA12 when my LBS had one.. 7.8kg. I kinda got turned off on it.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

cajer

by cajer

ichobi wrote:

My 48 in purple with Ui2, 1600g wheels, latex + 23/25mm gp5000, ti speed play aero, cages, computer mount, sram red quarq (with aero rings), fizik 3d printed saddle is 7.35kg. However I am using the lighter chinese seatpost, lighter bolt on axles, carbon (slightly lighter) derailluer cage, and 80/380mm stem/bars.
Last edited by cajer on Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ichobi

by ichobi

cajer wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:27 pm
ichobi wrote:

My 48 in purple with Ui2, 1600g wheels, latex + 23/25mm gp5000, ti speed play aero, cages, computer mount, sram red quarq (with aero rings), fizik 3d printed saddle is 7.35kg
O_O that's seriously pretty light for the spec! I am taking advantage for small frameset in my asian 5'5" build here. any weight saving i can get!

As per spdntrxi's shop weight, I think the stock wheels for completed bike come with tubes and the vittoria tires are quite heavy. We can do something about that. I will try to list out all possible parts and spec later. The black inc five wheels will help heap especially if paired with cotton clincher and tpu inner.

This looks like it's going to be a hard project to ww as many have already said and tried in this thread. I am not expecting sub 7kg for a 52cm. 7.2kg is my target weight. It will also be my first cervelo!

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

cajer wrote:
ichobi wrote:

My 48 in purple with Ui2, 1600g wheels, latex + 23/25mm gp5000, ti speed play aero, cages, computer mount, sram red quarq (with aero rings), fizik 3d printed saddle is 7.35kg

ringer.. this gives me a little hope. For me it's between the Madone and S5. The 51 I weighed was black @ 7.8 no pedals or cages or computer mount and I brought my scale from home :mrgreen:

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

whatever new bike I get.. gets my Enve 6.7 ~1500g so not much weight saving there. THM crankset with Extralite chainrings and MCFK open saddle..that's about as weightweenie as I can get... other than waiting for Darimo to make an aero seatpost (S5) no for the madone obviously.... also prefer my garmin power pedals despite the weight penalty.

cajer

by cajer

spdntrxi wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:45 pm
cajer wrote:
ichobi wrote:

ringer.. this gives me a little hope. For me it's between the Madone and S5. The 51 I weighed was black @ 7.8 no pedals or cages or computer mount and I brought my scale from home :mrgreen:
I was measuring this with my garmin body weight scale by holding vs not holding the bike. So It may not be as accurate as a specific bike scale.

I forgot that I am using some non-standard parts: lighter Hylix seatpost, lighter bolt on axles, carbon (slightly lighter) derailluer cage, sram red rear cassette, 9070 front derailluer , and 80/380mm stem/bars. Perhaps the most importnat thing is I'm using 11 speed, which is like 150g lighter than 12 speed once you factor in using a sram red cassette.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

all good points.. I found MVoss build video. Her bike came out to be 7.59kg with cages, CPU mount and pedals. Looks like a 51 to me, but she is on tubeless and shallower wheelset and axs ofcourse

ichobi

by ichobi

I also watched that one which is super helpful given the video creator weighted everything on display.

So, with a Shimano Di2 12 weight is about the same as AXS, may be just slightly less. Her tires set up are heavy so we can reduce may be 100g from that if you dont plan to run tubeless. Pedals can be a tad lighter depending on your choice (mine will be spedplay ti) which is around 160g.

7.2-7.3 is possible but need some trick wheels if we want to run 12 speed at all.

endorfin

by endorfin

Hi Guys!

Does anyone happen to have more information regarding Cervélo's delivery times in 2023? General or more specific for the BENELUX market..
The thing is, I ordered an S5 MY23 in August 2022. So far i don't have any info on when this bike will be delivered, not even if it will be delivered at all :?
The dealer has no further information and an email to Cervélo did not provide anything concrete (general reply with shortages due to the pandemic, political difficulties - we are working hard to get rid of the backlog, etc...).
I recently contacted another Cervélo dealer here in Belgium who strongly advised me not to order a Cervelo bike at all - because of the endless waiting times with no prospect of improvement.

Are these (very) long delivery times felt in other parts of the world too? Does anyone have any more specific info on this?

Many thanks in advance!

regards
Endorphin

refthimos

by refthimos

I've got a 2023 56cm Five Black frameset scheduled to arrive in a month. Just ordered all parts so hopefully will be ready to build as soon as frameset arrives. Bike will be DA 9270 (except for Rotor Aldhu carbon cranks with P2Max NG SL powermeter and Ceramicspeed OSPW) rolling on Enve 6.7s. Will weigh everything before assembly and post a separate build thread in the Gallery. Emailed Darimo but no response just yet, so looks like we're all still waiting for them to make us a seatpost for this bike.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

refthimos

by refthimos

endorfin wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:16 am
Does anyone happen to have more information regarding Cervélo's delivery times in 2023? General or more specific for the BENELUX market..
The thing is, I ordered an S5 MY23 in August 2022. So far i don't have any info on when this bike will be delivered, not even if it will be delivered at all :?
The dealer has no further information and an email to Cervélo did not provide anything concrete (general reply with shortages due to the pandemic, political difficulties - we are working hard to get rid of the backlog, etc...).
I recently contacted another Cervélo dealer here in Belgium who strongly advised me not to order a Cervelo bike at all - because of the endless waiting times with no prospect of improvement.

Are these (very) long delivery times felt in other parts of the world too? Does anyone have any more specific info on this?
So the good news is, your dealer seems honest and straightforward and is telling it to you like it is. The bad news is, your dealer is providing you with accurate info re: availability and visibility towards availability.

I had a P5D on order from my LBS for almost a year before I had to finally give up and buy elsewhere in Aug 2022. Similar story on 2023 S5 frameset (I probably ordered about the same time as you), except that I just got word that my LBS should have it in about a month. My sense is that Cervelo doesn't allocate bikes/frames until they know they're in a container crossing the ocean.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com