New garmin product 1040edge, 840, 540

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

repoman

by repoman

lukaszzsch wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:52 pm
Oh, good question. Yesterday I was doing the workout I and took k2 just to see what differs…
There are not so many differences:
Faster UI, much brighter screen with well working autobrightness function, louder beeper but nothing spectacularly justifying upgrade. If you like k2 and want to spend some money - buy it.
If k2 has lots of disadvantages for you and you counted they will be resolved. No, they aren’t.
It’s almost the same device with proven functionality!

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk
How is the K3 battery life? The K2 has abysmal battery life. 8 hours with the screen brightness up, if you turn it down the screen they used makes seeing whats on it in sun difficult.
Super slow to boot up, pages are laggy. Haven't figured out how to use Live Segments on it yet and sometimes it will randomly start doing things like telling me random routes to take or the climber function will suddenly start up. This is my second one, they had to replace the first one I bought because the screen started spazzing out and jumping around to different pages on its own. :?
Pretty janky for 400 bucks.
The best feature of it seems to be the navigation, but at only 8 hours battery life, what's the point?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

I actually think that VO[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]] Max estimations are pretty good from Garmin. The other metrics are handy, too.

The Live Tracking dropouts I’ve been having are an issue.

Does anyone know if the new Hammerhead live tracking will send out a link when a new session is started?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guyc

by guyc

Available for order now - £650. Punchy, to say the least.

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Garmin ... uter/130IT

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

guyc

by guyc

GP Lama - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY_-ZVqU0oo

Desfit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiLzeFi7x0

Updates are coming to the x40 series with a fair amount of the functionality. This is all about the screen which looks superb but has a significant battery impact over the 1040. And watch out for change in mount location as it won't work with some existing ones which will be an addition cost to factor in.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

repoman wrote:
lukaszzsch wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:52 pm
Oh, good question. Yesterday I was doing the workout I and took k2 just to see what differs…
There are not so many differences:
Faster UI, much brighter screen with well working autobrightness function, louder beeper but nothing spectacularly justifying upgrade. If you like k2 and want to spend some money - buy it.
If k2 has lots of disadvantages for you and you counted they will be resolved. No, they aren’t.
It’s almost the same device with proven functionality!

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk
How is the K3 battery life? The K2 has abysmal battery life. 8 hours with the screen brightness up, if you turn it down the screen they used makes seeing whats on it in sun difficult.
Super slow to boot up, pages are laggy. Haven't figured out how to use Live Segments on it yet and sometimes it will randomly start doing things like telling me random routes to take or the climber function will suddenly start up. This is my second one, they had to replace the first one I bought because the screen started spazzing out and jumping around to different pages on its own. :?
Pretty janky for 400 bucks.
The best feature of it seems to be the navigation, but at only 8 hours battery life, what's the point?
I did my longest ride so far with the new Karoo on Sunday.
118 miles, 7:23 elapsed time.
Auto brightness, on map page 90% of the time, with radar, HR, PM, AXS and Cellphone connected.
I finished the ride with 52%.

Sent from my CPH2583 using Tapatalk

nickf

by nickf

Keeping my 1040.

With the 1050 the position of the quarter turn it won't be compatible with any of my mounts. They also moved back to a plastic quarter turn (user replaceable) is a big no for me.