Fizik Argo Adaptive saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Has anyone else maybe had the opportunity to try it against a specialized power?

jo.k

by jo.k

Hexsense wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 4:18 am
Already shipped it out so I didn't measure it.
But my personal issue that I just realize is: I want wide sit area with nothing or very narrow nose in front of it.
T shape saddle are exactly like that, no wide nose to spread my legs apart.

Pear shape saddle are hit or miss. If the nose is extremely wide (like Pro Aerofuel, Pro Stealth) then I'll just sit at the nose and I have nothing between my legs, that works.
But Argo Adaptive is not like that. The nose is not wide enough to sit on. Then when I sit further back, the wide nose spread my legs out.
I just installed a Fabric S-Line flat after using Pro Stealth on all my bikes since it first came out because I wanted a saddle with a narrower nose. I like it so far, the only thing is that it is a bit more curved front to back than the Stealth, which I'm not sure I can come to terms with. For me, this means that I have to change my pelvic tilt depending on how far back I sit on the saddle. YMMV, obviously - and I am quite particular about seat angle/setback/height, so this may or may not be an issue for you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Any long term reviews of these?

I'm currently running a standard argo and also an arione 00 versus.

I bought an adaptive argo and out of the box it feels really soft and spongy compared to the others which i generally get on with well (not sure why i bought it tbh)

Wondering if anyone finds it too soft?

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Bobbyc123 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:14 pm
Any long term reviews of these?

I'm currently running a standard argo and also an arione 00 versus.

I bought an adaptive argo and out of the box it feels really soft and spongy compared to the others which i generally get on with well (not sure why i bought it tbh)

Wondering if anyone finds it too soft?
They haven't been available long enough for anyone to have any long term feedback on them.

I'm like you - I ordered one and I'm not sure why. I guess I'll give it a try one day.

naavt

by naavt

Ok! Probably this will be too long of a post, but bear with me a little.

I'm what bike fitter call a "micro adjuster" as opposed to a "macro absorver". So.. I'm that guy that will notice that my seatpost is down by 2mm, and effectively I do notice that!

Saddles have been my purgatory since I ride bikes - from a certain age on of course! Since I remember to be a kid and nothing bothered me when riding a bike back then!

I've already tried all you can think of! Attached to this post are 2 pictures showing my leftovers. Simply the saddles that are still hanging around after trying and selling several other dozens.

Everyone who rides a bike know that saddles are a very very personal thing! But for you to evaluate things on my part, lets say that I've been on a very long journey to find a saddle where I could - somehow confortably (or with the least of pain) - seat for more than 40 minutes on my trainer (a Kickr V5 with rubber feet).

I've tried everything from the likes of ISM (several models), Spezs (several models obviosuly including Power but not the mirror), SqLabs (several ones), Selle Italia, SMPs, whatever...

In the end... Since I'm tired of spending money on saddles, I've decided to give 3D printed saddles a go but instead of throwing 400 bucks in the bin I've opted for a ZTTO saddle from AliExpress, a copy of a Spezs Power saddle made out on 3D rubber. Results? That's my best saddle ever! That's the first saddle where I can do 1h30 trainner sessions easier than I did 45 minute ones before.

Since I'm somewhat a fan of Fizik saddles (they always were "the least bad ones"), I've taken the plunge and bought myself a Vento Argo Adaptive to try out. I'm now on isolation due to Covid-19 but very expectant to try the saddle out when I return to the bike.

I'll post my findings as soon as I can.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I've been using the Vento Argo for a year now. I have it on the more aggressive bike and an SQlab 612 active on the trainer bike.

I have to just give a little background as to why I have issues with saddles. I mean other then the usual. When I sit on the saddle and look down, on the left side there is about 2cm space between my inner thigh and the saddle, while on the right it's rubbing up against it. I have had a bikefit two years ago and they never noticed that, and I didn't know it then.

On the Argo, it is rubbing on the right side but it's not that bad. I recently got the idea to try either the Argo Adaptive or Power Mirror. For some reason I got the Mirror. The Mirror was good on the sitbones, but I guess the material which causes a lot of friction unlike other smooth materials was making the rubbing much worse. Maybe it was also the shape of the Power but it was so bad I had pain in my right groin after two rides.

I should have gone for the Argo Adaptive instead but I gave up on that idea and now I keep using the regular Argo. So I don't know wether the Adaptive would have caused a simular issue because of the material.

I compared the width of the noses and the Argo has what looks like a much wider nose than the Power Mirror. So I guess that's not the issue but more where it starts widening.

That's something to keep in mind, that the material could worsen rubbing if you have issues with that.

The widths I have been using are:

Argo Vento: 140mm
Power Mirror: 143mm
Sqlab 612 active: 140mm(which really is 150mm total width.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

piccionipier

by piccionipier

naavt wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:08 am

I'm what bike fitter call a "micro adjuster" as opposed to a "macro absorver". So.. I'm that guy that will notice that my seatpost is down by 2mm, and effectively I do notice that!

Saddles have been my purgatory since I ride bikes - from a certain age on of course! Since I remember to be a kid and nothing bothered me when riding a bike back then!

I've already tried all you can think of! Attached to this post are 2 pictures showing my leftovers. Simply the saddles that are still hanging around after trying and selling several other dozens.

Everyone who rides a bike know that saddles are a very very personal thing! But for you to evaluate things on my part, lets say that I've been on a very long journey to find a saddle where I could - somehow confortably (or with the least of pain) - seat for more than 40 minutes on my trainer (a Kickr V5 with rubber feet).

I've tried everything from the likes of ISM (several models), Spezs (several models obviosuly including Power but not the mirror), SqLabs (several ones), Selle Italia, SMPs, whatever...

In the end... Since I'm tired of spending money on saddles, I've decided to give 3D printed saddles a go but instead of throwing 400 bucks in the bin I've opted for a ZTTO saddle from AliExpress, a copy of a Spezs Power saddle made out on 3D rubber. Results? That's my best saddle ever! That's the first saddle where I can do 1h30 trainner sessions easier than I did 45 minute ones before.

Since I'm somewhat a fan of Fizik saddles (they always were "the least bad ones"), I've taken the plunge and bought myself a Vento Argo Adaptive to try out. I'm now on isolation due to Covid-19 but very expectant to try the saddle out when I return to the bike.

You have a photos ? ( ZTTO saddle from AliExpress, a copy of a Spezs Power saddle made out on 3D rubber. )

sunco1

by sunco1

I used the regular Argo Vento R3 on my SL7 for almost a year. It was the 'best' saddle i had found but anything longer than 2 hours and I wasn't really that comfortable on it.

As soon as the adaptive verson of it came out, i jumped on it. For me, it was far worse than the non-adaptive. The overall shape between the two is similar but the adaptive doesn't have a pronounced cut out like the other one. The saddle is pretty much the same density everywhere you sit except for the most rearward part. The nose is way too stiff. I was really hoping it would have been more comfortable than the non-adaptive version. It was the first 3D printed saddle I had tried. Both saddles were the same width of 150mm. I think i only rode the adaptive saddle for about an hour but i knew it wasn't right for me.

I just got the power mirror saddle in 143. It's the best saddle i've ever used. I've never looked forward to sitting on a saddle like I do this one! The varying densities are spot on for me.

My R1 adaptive is now for sale. LOL
Attachments
286259746_5618469598177853_289410044092147223_n.jpg

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

sunco1 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:14 pm
I used the regular Argo Vento R3 on my SL7 for almost a year. It was the 'best' saddle i had found but anything longer than 2 hours and I wasn't really that comfortable on it.

As soon as the adaptive verson of it came out, i jumped on it. For me, it was far worse than the non-adaptive. The overall shape between the two is similar but the adaptive doesn't have a pronounced cut out like the other one. The saddle is pretty much the same density everywhere you sit except for the most rearward part. The nose is way too stiff. I was really hoping it would have been more comfortable than the non-adaptive version. It was the first 3D printed saddle I had tried. Both saddles were the same width of 150mm. I think i only rode the adaptive saddle for about an hour but i knew it wasn't right for me.

I just got the power mirror saddle in 143. It's the best saddle i've ever used. I've never looked forward to sitting on a saddle like I do this one! The varying densities are spot on for me.

My R1 adaptive is now for sale. LOL
Did you have any rubbing on the sides compared to the regular version? I also used my regular Argo in 140 for a while which worked for me. Recently I wanted to try the adaptive but instead I wound up getting the Mirror in 143. Which didn't work at all because of the very grippy material rubbing on the side. That made me not want to try the Argo Adaptive either because I figured it would also rub because of the material.

I think part of the problem was that the Mirror actually measured like 148-150mm. Have you measured the Adaptive? Is the 150 actually 150 or wider?
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

naavt

by naavt

piccionipier wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:53 pm
naavt wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:08 am

You have a photos ? ( ZTTO saddle from AliExpress, a copy of a Spezs Power saddle made out on 3D rubber. )
Here's a link to the bike with that saddle on:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IuwRgE ... sp=sharing

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

someone i know who's fairly heavy (not tall and muscle heavy, just ...fat) said the padding wasnt supportive enough and seem to bottom out quite easily on unsmooth surface. may be Fizik tuned it for more hardcore users whose fittness are generally higher. :mrgreen: but it's worth noting this point if you are heavier rider even if you are fit.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

flow

by flow

I tried a lot of saddles before and am quite happy with this now - 150mm 196g

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

MilesG813

by MilesG813

WorkonSunday wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:51 pm
someone i know who's fairly heavy (not tall and muscle heavy, just ...fat) said the padding wasnt supportive enough and seem to bottom out quite easily on unsmooth surface. may be Fizik tuned it for more hardcore users whose fittness are generally higher. :mrgreen: but it's worth noting this point if you are heavier rider even if you are fit.
I am just under 80kg and have not had that issue and have been using since I was about 88kg, riding it about 6 months. I am using the antares version but I have found the matrix to break in nicely and have no soreness issues since coming off my Selle. I also have not experienced any wear to my bibs nor the saddle matrix and have not had any issues keeping it clean.
2022 Specialized S-Works SL7 I Ultegra R8170 I Princeton Carbonworks 6560
2012 Cannondale CAAD 10 I 105 R5700 I Zipp 404s

ghdana

by ghdana

I have been using the Argo Adaptive for around a month now, with 5 different 4 hour rides and the rest being 1-2 hours for probably around 40hrs on it, on an Exploro gravel bike.

My road bike uses a S-Works Power 155mm, I got the 150mm Argo and it fits much better. Of the 5 long rides there was 1 ride where about 3 hours in my ass was starting to hurt, that was with an older pair of Ostroy bibs, the other 4 rides were on other random team kit bibs and I never thought about my ass, pretty much all you can ask of a saddle. Right now I'm bloated up to a little over 85kg.

If I was building another bike today I would get another Argo Adaptive without hesitation.

One thing about it on a gravel bike is that I wiped out in a deep gravel wash on some singletrack and little pebbles got into the holes. I did not feel them on my ride home, but I couldn't get them all out by hand and had to use a vacuum to suck some of them all the way out.
7.7kg Allez Sprint
9kg Exploro Ultra

naavt

by naavt

I'm going to sell mine! I didn't adapt to it all that well :cry:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com