Bottle cages

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

siim

by siim

MrRolandos wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 7:36 pm
For my new bike I need new holders,
I'm debating between
- Arundel Mandible
- Tune Wasserträger 2.0
- Black inc bottle cages

I need to put my camelbak podium's 710ml in there, anyone got any tips? Or perhaps another option?
I'm using Wasserträger 2.0 with different Podium bottles, including 710 ml and also the insulated, Chill version. All work very well for my needs, never (3+ years) lost a bottle with them and now also installed for my wife's gravel and road bike after she got to try it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rockb

by rockb

Just rode Strade Bianche and saw countless bottles on the course... Had zero issues with my Tune Wasserträger and 750ml standard bottles

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:44 am
bobones wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:28 am
I was out for a ride this moring on a bike with mandibles using a 710 ml podium. The bottle needs a firm grip and a fairly strong pull to remove it (I actually missed a pull because my grip was too loose and my hand slipped off), and reinsertion requires placing bottle at the cage opening and firmly pushing down: gravity alone will not put the bottle in place. To be fair, it's not too bad, but I think it could be a bit annoying if you're tired and working hard. On the upside, you're definitely not going to lose a bottle on bumpy ground and they're not going to rattle about in the cage noisily (which is why I replaced my Elite Vicos with these).
Have you tried the Dave-O's?
I have had Dave-O's on a Dogma F10.
They're ok, but not great.
I much much prefer Tune Wasserträger 2.0... they're better in every way.
Dave-O has reasonable retention, but I still had a bottle eject every once in a while on rough patches. The lips became looser over time to. And the finish scratched.
They not as overly stiff as Mandibula's, which I have had multiple pairs of too...
But there's only two bottle cages I would ever buy again: Wasserträger for lightweight race bike or King Cage / Silca titanium for something more timeless.

cobc11

by cobc11

Tacx Ciro is my go to cage. Incredible rentention and decently light at 29g .Agressive looking enough to match with modern tube shapes, but slim enought to not be overly distracting.