Colnago C68

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ccie6872

by ccie6872

Curious if anyone has taken delivery and any first riding impressions compared to C64 and other bikes..

cveks

by cveks

they cant invent wheel . Everything they can and say is already said with C60 and C64

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

bikeboy1tr wrote:I would say it would be unlikely that Pogacar would ride the 68 unlesss he absolutely had too. This is a guy who opts for a rim brake bike in the high mountains so I would assume that Colnago/UAE wants to see him on a disc bike full time. Enter the Prototipo which is based off of the V3RS and lighter/stiffer in the proper areas. Personally I am happy to see this model more so than the 68 to come to production.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/race-r ... aks-cover/
C68 is not an option for him. No UCI accreditation = not for racing at professional level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ritxis

by Ritxis

ultimobici wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:01 am
bikeboy1tr wrote:I would say it would be unlikely that Pogacar would ride the 68 unlesss he absolutely had too. This is a guy who opts for a rim brake bike in the high mountains so I would assume that Colnago/UAE wants to see him on a disc bike full time. Enter the Prototipo which is based off of the V3RS and lighter/stiffer in the proper areas. Personally I am happy to see this model more so than the 68 to come to production.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/race-r ... aks-cover/
C68 is not an option for him. No UCI accreditation = not for racing at professional level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nor the C68 disc..........there is no C68 (disc/rim) in the last list of frames approved by the UCI (2022.06.24)

Limerick23

by Limerick23

Anyone have any update on the Rim version thats expected?
Just electronic shift?
Could be sweet spot balance between heritage, modernity and weight in a C package.
Thanks for any info

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I don't get why they have departed from the typical Colnago geometry!?
This bike is both longer and lower, how will that go well for those typical Colnago riders?
If it's not designed as a typical race bike then it seems like the new owner have done a mistake.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Dov

by Dov

It's not actally that far from the sloping geo C64 once you factor in things like headset upper bearing cover and stem length and angle, but it's definitely a long way from the high geo C64 (which was discontinued anyway).

It looks to me like they have a good range of sizes available in the C68 and with spacers and stem length it'll fit anyone well.

It's not going to be good for those that want to run their stem slammed without the flexibility of a pro tour cyclist. Which you could easily do on the older C-series.
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

hannawald

by hannawald

Dov wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:48 pm
It's not actally that far from the sloping geo C64 once you factor in things like headset upper bearing cover and stem length and angle, but it's definitely a long way from the high geo C64 (which was discontinued anyway).

It looks to me like they have a good range of sizes available in the C68 and with spacers and stem length it'll fit anyone well.

It's not going to be good for those that want to run their stem slammed without the flexibility of a pro tour cyclist. Which you could easily do on the older C-series.
Actually it is more aggresive than its racing V3RS, which is weird (C64 was less aggresive).
V3RS (52S): Stack 560 Reach 384
C68 (51): Stack 557 Reach 388

V3RS (54S): Stack 578 Reach 390
C68 (53): Stack 575 Reach 395

Reach 395 at 575 stack is quite long, longer than Cannondale Supersix, if you put a 1cm spacer on Trek Emonda, it would be same same stack but shorter reach...

So Colnago changed it from more comfortable to actually longer than racing bikes.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

hannawald wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:45 pm
Dov wrote:

Actually it is more aggresive than its racing V3RS, which is weird (C64 was less aggresive).

Reach 395 at 575 stack is quite long, longer than Cannondale Supersix, if you put a 1cm spacer on Trek Emonda, it would be same same stack but shorter reach...

So Colnago changed it from more comfortable to actually longer than racing bikes.
Finally someone who's awake :thumbup:
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

crlincoln

by crlincoln

I think we'll find the other versions of the C68, when released, may be more relaxed...

blutto

by blutto

wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:17 pm
hannawald wrote:
Dov wrote:

Funny but just got off a "retro" ride on a 20 year old Colnago ( still my fave bike in the stable ) and just for giggles decided to compare my bike to the C68. And surprise surprise the end result went against what I had thought when I first saw the geometry of the C68, as in too low and too long.

Bottom line, when you take into account modern handlebar diameter and slightly more forward saddle position to accomodate the current tendancy to set up cleats further back, the C68 dimensions pretty well place the rider in the exact same position as my old Dream B-Stay ( which btw was the same as the C40, a frame that was not ony a winning design in pro races but also with the riding public ).

So now there seems to be a new bike in my future, yipee ! ( of course this is assuming that they produce a purpose built rim brake design that doesn't incorporate the crap handling that are generally part and parcel of disc frame designs .)

Cheers

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

blutto wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:15 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:17 pm
hannawald wrote:
Dov wrote:

Funny but just got off a "retro" ride on a 20 year old Colnago ( still my fave bike in the stable ) and just for giggles decided to compare my bike to the C68. And surprise surprise the end result went against what I had thought when I first saw the geometry of the C68, as in too low and too long.

Bottom line, when you take into account modern handlebar diameter and slightly more forward saddle position to accomodate the current tendancy to set up cleats further back, the C68 dimensions pretty well place the rider in the exact same position as my old Dream B-Stay ( which btw was the same as the C40, a frame that was not ony a winning design in pro races but also with the riding public ).

So now there seems to be a new bike in my future, yipee ! ( of course this is assuming that they produce a purpose built rim brake design that doesn't incorporate the crap handling that are generally part and parcel of disc frame designs .)

Cheers
If i went along your idea of the best fitting for me, i would probably be left to ride Ax and possibly Canyon Endurance.
Or go down the custom lane. I would say Colnago S52 would be the closest when C59/C60/C64 was alive.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

extrusionedwin wrote:haha

this is most remarkable and good look

CyclingGiraffe wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 12:29 am
extrusionedwin wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 2:42 pm
farsports are more ligther than LW, it is acceptable with reasanable price.
groupset dura ace has not difference feelings with ultegra di2. So just only a little bit ligther, its seems to put the money in the trush.
So the key of course is in the frameset design and features, of course has pro and con.

if we talk in long term TCR are more riable than F12 in the price and the weigth, for example TCR ISP with ultegra Di2 and SLR1 hookless is just 7.1kgs
but it is possible with a Dogma F where you spend over 7000USD without groupset and wheels??

if I can trade in the F12 to the Dogma F it should be great, but this is not Iphone.

So for the my suggest. Just rethink why to waste money for something is not forever and after years the prices is going down faster and 5 years after, no one wants to pay Dogma with half price. It is like the 70's year Ford mustang
Easy solution, based on your post:

First, buy Farsports, instead of Lightweights.
Second, buy Ultegra Di2, instead of Dura Ace.
Third, buy Giant TCR ISP, instead of Pinarello Dogma F or Colnago C68.

Here we are, problems solved!
Bar drop is not most remarkable and good look.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Never cheer before you know who is winning

micky

by micky

Limerick23 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:28 am
Anyone have any update on the Rim version thats expected?
Just electronic shift?
Could be sweet spot balance between heritage, modernity and weight in a C package.
Thanks for any info
No news about it.
Let's see if something new appear at Eurobike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zero71

by zero71

mgrl wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:39 pm

Is it? Here in the UK the C68 frameset is 14% more expensive than the S-Works Tarmac frameset
Yeah, but you don't have to pay the rip-off uk price. Last year I bought my C64 Disc with the internal routing stem setup from Cicli Corsa for about £2k less than Sigmasports wanted for the same frame. And that was after shipping and taxes/duty. It was way less than an S-Works. The UK distributor has put a big markup on these vs the rest of Europe.