Colnago C68

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

extrusionedwin wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 2:42 pm
farsports are more ligther than LW, it is acceptable with reasanable price.
groupset dura ace has not difference feelings with ultegra di2. So just only a little bit ligther, its seems to put the money in the trush.
So the key of course is in the frameset design and features, of course has pro and con.

if we talk in long term TCR are more riable than F12 in the price and the weigth, for example TCR ISP with ultegra Di2 and SLR1 hookless is just 7.1kgs
but it is possible with a Dogma F where you spend over 7000USD without groupset and wheels??

if I can trade in the F12 to the Dogma F it should be great, but this is not Iphone.

So for the my suggest. Just rethink why to waste money for something is not forever and after years the prices is going down faster and 5 years after, no one wants to pay Dogma with half price. It is like the 70's year Ford mustang
Easy solution, based on your post:

First, buy Farsports, instead of Lightweights.
Second, buy Ultegra Di2, instead of Dura Ace.
Third, buy Giant TCR ISP, instead of Pinarello Dogma F or Colnago C68.

Here we are, problems solved!
Last edited by CyclingGiraffe on Tue May 10, 2022 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

haha

this is most remarkable and good look

CyclingGiraffe wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 12:29 am
extrusionedwin wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 2:42 pm
farsports are more ligther than LW, it is acceptable with reasanable price.
groupset dura ace has not difference feelings with ultegra di2. So just only a little bit ligther, its seems to put the money in the trush.
So the key of course is in the frameset design and features, of course has pro and con.

if we talk in long term TCR are more riable than F12 in the price and the weigth, for example TCR ISP with ultegra Di2 and SLR1 hookless is just 7.1kgs
but it is possible with a Dogma F where you spend over 7000USD without groupset and wheels??

if I can trade in the F12 to the Dogma F it should be great, but this is not Iphone.

So for the my suggest. Just rethink why to waste money for something is not forever and after years the prices is going down faster and 5 years after, no one wants to pay Dogma with half price. It is like the 70's year Ford mustang
Easy solution, based on your post:

First, buy Farsports, instead of Lightweights.
Second, buy Ultegra Di2, instead of Dura Ace.
Third, buy Giant TCR ISP, instead of Pinarello Dogma F or Colnago C68.

Here we are, problems solved!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robeambro

by robeambro

Probably somebody told them their bike looks ugly, hence it suddenly became a POS.

smokva

by smokva

extrusionedwin wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:49 am
haha

this is most remarkable and good look

Sorry, but that transition from stem spacers to frame looks awful...I would take off that handlebar and put something classical with normal round spacers.
Like it or not...color is special I must say.

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

Karvalo wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:30 pm
I don't understand. You want a light bike.
If you want a light bike, you need to ditch the "dork discs."

Dov

by Dov

Seems odd to care about having a lgiht bike and then bolt all that stuff to it.
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

lesliepark

by lesliepark

It looks beautiful, but I'll wait for new Vxrs series.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

lesliepark wrote:It looks beautiful, but I'll wait for new Vxrs series.
ImageImageImageImage

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

mikebuf73

by mikebuf73

velov wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:25 am
RIP lugs...I'll be keeping my EPS for a long time.
Don't understand the reasoning behind this, they should've differentiated the models more, not make them converge to such a similar aesthetic.
I completely agree. I have a C64 and love everything about it. The geometry and lugs look fantastic on the C64 - it was a really distinguishing feature of colnago in this era of increasingly homogenous looking frame sets. I really am not a fan of the way frames look when the seat stays are dropped down the seat tube and don't align with the top tube

mikebuf73

by mikebuf73

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:19 am
I dont blame Ernesto for not signing his name to that frame. As far as I am concerned it shouldnt even be a C series frame as they have veered away from the traditional geometry that Ernesto set for that frameset. I am sure this is why the V series was developed specifically for the race end of the spectrum. The 68 should have another designation as its more of a race geometry than the V is and I think the old C series will be highly sought after for a niche group of ppl.
Completely agree. Personally, when I heard of the company sale a few years back, I immediately ordered my C64 (having longed for a C for years) as it is inevitable the dynamics around big decisions would change re future models.

Yoln

by Yoln

In all honesty, this yellow Colnago is one of the ugliest bike I've seen in a while. They tried too hard on the paint...
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

Yoln

by Yoln

Also, with the arrival of the "Prototipo" is that fair to say that the c68 will never be riden as a race bike by a pro team (UAE will ride prototipo + V3). Is that the first time a C series isn't intended as a race bike? I guess it's just there "luxury" product now?
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

hannawald wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:43 pm
Karvalo wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:09 pm
extrusionedwin wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 2:36 am
what is the position for this bike, just apparently looks good and no more?
??

The review you linked says it's one of the best riding bikes the guy's ever touched, so I don't really understand your question.
Proposition of the bike is luxury item made in Italy. V3RS is their racy proposition because it is lighter, with disc brakes bikes (and Campy/Sram 12 speed) every 100g saved is crutial to achieve slightly above 6.8 kgs. Even with V3RS Pogacar uses Darimo seatpost etc. so he doesn't have to use rim braked version.

C68 cood be tougher (more durable), more comfortable, but heavier when compared to V3RS. Selling point is Made in Italy.
I built up my V3rs with heavy frozen red paint. Size 52s full on 6.6kg. Drop that campy, drop the heavy dura ace crank, don't use srm, built custom wheels 48/56 with tactic hubs, use the straight seatpost which is a lot lighter 165gr, farsport f1 bar which is much lighter then deda Alanera and stock and is awesome

So if the new prototype has similar characteristics you can easily get it down to 6.4kg with normal paint and lighter frame

mag

by mag

Yoln wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:36 pm
Also, with the arrival of the "Prototipo" is that fair to say that the c68 will never be riden as a race bike by a pro team (UAE will ride prototipo + V3). Is that the first time a C series isn't intended as a race bike? I guess it's just there "luxury" product now?
C68 isn't even on the UCI list of approved frames so there you go...

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I would say it would be unlikely that Pogacar would ride the 68 unlesss he absolutely had too. This is a guy who opts for a rim brake bike in the high mountains so I would assume that Colnago/UAE wants to see him on a disc bike full time. Enter the Prototipo which is based off of the V3RS and lighter/stiffer in the proper areas. Personally I am happy to see this model more so than the 68 to come to production.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/race-r ... aks-cover/
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com