Colnago C68

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Karvalo

by Karvalo

hannawald wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 4:38 pm
extrusionedwin wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 3:18 pm
I think the C68 is focus in the 50~60 years old, the old school who remembers the good times of Colnago masterpieces since long time ago.
Maybe, but why they have made it the most aggresive geometry of all their bikes?
That depends how tall you are. Because the C68 has fewer sizes some of them are more relaxed and some of them are more aggressive than before.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

The C68 in my size 530 which is the closest to my 54 V2R has a steeper STA (73.5) VS (73.1) and the head tube is quite a bit shorter on the 68 and I could work around the stack and reach but the STA is a bit to steeper than I want. I would purchase the V3 before the 68. So for ppl my height I think this frame is more aggresive which means its for the younger or more flexible.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

what should get? Dogma F or C68? Pinarello two year changes a new model, and C68 just release now from C64, we are talking about 4 years. Pinarello F8-F12, every two years a new model, so it is very tire to renew and sell the secon hand F10-12 to get the F, why for the all times clasic, Pinarello can't release a All the time reprensentative like C68??
If I want to buy a bike where is durable for 10 years and good look, C68 I think is one of the list for take one and collect over 20 years.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Sounds like you don't care about properties of the bike, just that people will sooner see you on a bike that isn't the latest shiny model. In that case, just get the Colnago

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

I already have the Dogma F12, and it is piece of shit. This frame is the worst frame I had used in my life, the Giant TCR are more better than this one.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

extrusionedwin wrote:I already have the Dogma F12, and it is piece of shit. This frame is the worst frame I had used in my life, the Giant TCR are more better than this one.
So why would you consider replacing it with another Pinarello?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

F12 is already old, maybe the new F are more better, more lighter I guess , but I thinking the C68,

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

extrusionedwin wrote:F12 is already old, maybe the new F are more better, more lighter I guess , but I thinking the C68,
So, despite your opinion that the F12 is the worst bike you’ve ever ridden, you’d still stump up for a Dogma F? Why? I’m your own words the F12 is a POS. What makes you think an F would be significantly different?

vinc

by vinc

extrusionedwin wrote:F12 is already old, maybe the new F are more better, more lighter I guess , but I thinking the C68,
I’m looking forward of the pictures of your c68 Image

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Dov

by Dov

I had my C64 order cancelled last week after 4.5 months of waiting (having paid the deposit). Anyone else in this situ?
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

the weigth I suppose but It is just think, I'm also looking for the ENVE customized frames....

to ride the F12 with the same specs as Richard Carapaz or Egan Bernal, it needs to reduce a lot of weight to get under 6.8kgs.
that means you need to waste a lot of money to get it, and it is really worthy?

the answer is NO!!! why use LW, if you have farsports with the same stiffness? and why use Dura ace if is the same reaction like Ultegra Di2?
because the weigth?

really??

So The frame is a failure if you compare with another top end level frames like: SL7, BMC timemachine, or TCR ISP...
If in the start Chris Froome is in the Giant team, I believe now the Pinarello never will famous, as like Colnago.

But for the best ligthweigth frame, Pinarello is not the option, it is just like Amstrong with Trek.

ultimobici wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 7:56 am
So, despite your opinion that the F12 is the worst bike you’ve ever ridden, you’d still stump up for a Dogma F? Why? I’m your own words the F12 is a POS. What makes you think an F would be significantly different?

Lina

by Lina

So the F12 is a POS just because it's not the lightest frame available. Even when it's one of the most aero frames available. Including with water bottles so it's not even just a wind tunnel hero that gets penalized as soon as you put bottles on a narrow downtube.

I know this is weightweenies but come on. There's so much more to bikes than weight.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

extrusionedwin wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 9:31 am
to ride the F12 with the same specs as Richard Carapaz or Egan Bernal, it needs to reduce a lot of weight to get under 6.8kgs.

the answer is NO!!! why use LW, if you have farsports with the same stiffness? and why use Dura ace if is the same reaction like Ultegra Di2?
because the weigth?

really??
I don't understand. You want a light bike. You want to spend top dollar on a frameset in order to make your bike light, so you clearly have a large budget. But you refuse to spend money on a lighter groupset or lighter wheels because it's not worth it.

So what do you want? :noidea:

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

farsports are more ligther than LW, it is acceptable with reasanable price.
groupset dura ace has not difference feelings with ultegra di2. So just only a little bit ligther, its seems to put the money in the trush.
So the key of course is in the frameset design and features, of course has pro and con.

if we talk in long term TCR are more riable than F12 in the price and the weigth, for example TCR ISP with ultegra Di2 and SLR1 hookless is just 7.1kgs
but it is possible with a Dogma F where you spend over 7000USD without groupset and wheels??

if I can trade in the F12 to the Dogma F it should be great, but this is not Iphone.

So for the my suggest. Just rethink why to waste money for something is not forever and after years the prices is going down faster and 5 years after, no one wants to pay Dogma with half price. It is like the 70's year Ford mustang

Karvalo wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:30 pm
extrusionedwin wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 9:31 am

because the weigth?

really??
I don't understand. You want a light bike. You want to spend top dollar on a frameset in order to make your bike light, so you clearly have a large budget. But you refuse to spend money on a lighter groupset or lighter wheels because it's not worth it.

So what do you want? :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

Calling an F12 a piece of shit is just idiotic.