Colnago C68

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Miller

by Miller

I read that this thing has only 30mm tyre clearance. Seems to me that that is already a limiting choice especially for a frame expected to have a long production run.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

As another C64 owner I'm not looking at this and wanting it.

But. As mentioned above the pricing in the bike industry is getting absolutely out of hand.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Miller wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:30 pm
I read that this thing has only 30mm tyre clearance. Seems to me that that is already a limiting choice especially for a frame expected to have a long production run.
There’s allroad and gravel variants coming with presumably more clearance, I personally see no need for anything as big as 30mm on a road bike tbh

spartacus

by spartacus

30 is plenty especially now that more tires are offered in that size. It will probably clear 32c anyways. If you need bigger than 30-32c get a gravel bike.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Miller wrote:
If it is a generous 30mm clearance than it should be OK. I think it won't be too long until most dedicated road riders will be on 30 - 32mm wide rims (23 - 25mm internal) running 28mm tires that measure 30 - 31.5mm wide. If it's a skinny 30mm clearance than that's a problem.

I do like that Colnago hasn't messed with the geometry too much. Relatively slack head tube angle and long front center is a big part of what makes a Colnago a Colnago IMO.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

I’m glad they’re still doing some assembly in Italy and keeping staff employed, I doubt those complicated components are moulded anywhere but the Far East though. As a C60 and Master owner this doesn’t really speak to me any more than the V3 but I don’t suppose I’m the target customer. I hope it’s a success for them

vinc

by vinc

Should see this c68 in real first but it could be my c60 is my last C.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Miller wrote:
Sounds like 32s on anything but the widest rims should also be ok. But there is also an Allroad version coming that will fit 35s. Plus a new C Series gravel frame that will share construction methods.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

It has made me like the Bastion more... but that handlebar on a V3 RS would be nice
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

Lina

by Lina

Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:00 pm
Miller wrote:
If it is a generous 30mm clearance than it should be OK. I think it won't be too long until most dedicated road riders will be on 30 - 32mm wide rims (23 - 25mm internal) running 28mm tires that measure 30 - 31.5mm wide. If it's a skinny 30mm clearance than that's a problem.
No they won't be. There is an aero penalty to pay for wider tires. And there really isn't any need to go for something that wide.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

vinc wrote:Should see this c68 in real first but it could be my c60 is my last C.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Exactly. I love the look of my C60 more than this. I think looks is very important in buying something from brands like this and without the lugged look being obvious, it doesn't appeal to me at all. Just look at the black one, super bland and generic. They already have a hell lot of size options so the custom size thing is rather redundant. If they don't pander to the retrogrouches, will the younger buyers want it then?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

robeambro

by robeambro

For those interested, GCN Italia YT channel has made a video showing the manufacturing process - appreciate not many will understand Italian, but it may be visually interesting at least.

Yoln

by Yoln

If Pogi wins the Tour on it I don't worry too much about their sales of c68

Will I buy one? Nope. C64 is the last C for me
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

GaBa

by GaBa

Karvalo wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:18 pm
TheBeautifulOne wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:11 pm
PS: The cost increase is gigantic, I have bought my C64 with Campa SR EPS, Bora WTO wheels for 10,600 € from official brick and mortar shop in Prague 1,5 years ago, now , identical configuration of C68 is 16,000€ , this is madness :evil:
If you can't still get close to that price as a custom build it's not really Colnago's fault. The C68 cost (not the Ti) is only £100 more than an art decor or frozen C64. £500 more than a sport paint C64.
Well to be exact for 16k € you get Bora WTO Ultra, not the regular ones. Price difference between these two is roughly 1.5k €. So 14.5k €. Still plenty :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheBeautifulOne

by TheBeautifulOne

GaBa wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:22 pm
Karvalo wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:18 pm
TheBeautifulOne wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:11 pm
PS: The cost increase is gigantic, I have bought my C64 with Campa SR EPS, Bora WTO wheels for 10,600 € from official brick and mortar shop in Prague 1,5 years ago, now , identical configuration of C68 is 16,000€ , this is madness :evil:
If you can't still get close to that price as a custom build it's not really Colnago's fault. The C68 cost (not the Ti) is only £100 more than an art decor or frozen C64. £500 more than a sport paint C64.
Well to be exact for 16k € you get Bora WTO Ultra, not the regular ones. Price difference between these two is roughly 1.5k €. So 14.5k €. Still plenty :)
That is true. Still massive difference. However I have bought my C64 especially for its different design compared to another brands. New C68 for me falls in the same category as pinarello dogma.