Colnago C68

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

milanv

by milanv

:D "Felt slow" - old C60 geometry x new geometry = incomparably.

patchandscruff

by patchandscruff

crlincoln wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 8:54 pm
Nejmann wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 6:03 pm
Just tried one and a new Madone and was on my own Pinarello that day... God damn that colnago felt slow compared to the Trek.. (My last colnago was a C60)
In what way? loads of flex in the frame and not responsive? slow handling?
Also - did this store just so happen to have your exact frame size and bar/stem combo all set up for you? What groupset was on it? What wheels and tyres and at what pressure? Sweeping statments of 'damn that colnago felt slow' just dont cut it without details.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Nejmann wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 6:03 pm
Just tried one and a new Madone and was on my own Pinarello that day... God damn that colnago felt slow compared to the Trek.. (My last colnago was a C60)

I ride a Madone 99% of the time and while it "feels fast" in a straight line, it also really wants to stay in that straight line. It isn't "agile" compared to a Venge, but I am very much a breakaway type these days and it fits the bill. IsoSpeed is worth more than people think, especially when my intention is to be in a break for over 100km on shitty American country roads.

IIRC according to Tour Mag, Pinarellos have some of the stiffest, least forgiving seatposts in the industry.

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

so anyone have test tje c68 for climbing, it is more better than v3rs? or just look well but nothing impressive and worthy for buy c68.
the testin review says is more stiffer and aerodynamic but it is not for competition because the weigth? or anything else, Im wonder if we compare with dogma F and cervelo R5, what is the position for this bike, just apparently looks good and no more?

milanv

by milanv

extrusionedwin wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 2:36 am
so anyone have test tje c68 for climbing, it is more better than v3rs? or just look well but nothing impressive and worthy for buy c68.
the testin review says is more stiffer and aerodynamic but it is not for competition because the weigth? or anything else, Im wonder if we compare with dogma F and cervelo R5, what is the position for this bike, just apparently looks good and no more?
Which review do you mean?

AJS914

by AJS914

The review said the bike was "superb". There's nothing stopping anyone from racing it. True, it is not the lightest bike nor the most aerodynamic but those small differences won't hold back most riders.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

extrusionedwin wrote:
what is the position for this bike, just apparently looks good and no more?
??

The review you linked says it's one of the best riding bikes the guy's ever touched, so I don't really understand your question.

hannawald

by hannawald

Karvalo wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:09 pm
extrusionedwin wrote:
what is the position for this bike, just apparently looks good and no more?
??

The review you linked says it's one of the best riding bikes the guy's ever touched, so I don't really understand your question.
Proposition of the bike is luxury item made in Italy. V3RS is their racy proposition because it is lighter, with disc brakes bikes (and Campy/Sram 12 speed) every 100g saved is crutial to achieve slightly above 6.8 kgs. Even with V3RS Pogacar uses Darimo seatpost etc. so he doesn't have to use rim braked version.

C68 cood be tougher (more durable), more comfortable, but heavier when compared to V3RS. Selling point is Made in Italy.

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

hannawald wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:43 pm
Selling point is Made in Italy.
You mean "glued together" in Italy. Lol. That thing is a total rip-off.

blutto

by blutto

MyM3Coupe wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 10:26 pm
hannawald wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:43 pm
Selling point is Made in Italy.
You mean "glued together" in Italy. Lol. That thing is a total rip-off.
Geez !?....did Ernesto sleep with your girlfriend or something ?....

Cheers

Nejmann

by Nejmann

milanv wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 7:29 am
:D "Felt slow" - old C60 geometry x new geometry = incomparably.
Tried the other ones as well just not owned them :wink: :wink:

It just feels dull.. Sorry.. But yeah i'm on the stiff rockets now and maybe thats way.

AJS914

by AJS914

blutto wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 11:45 am
Geez !?....did Ernesto sleep with your girlfriend or something ?....

Ernesto had nothing to do with the C68!

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

I think the C68 is focus in the 50~60 years old, the old school who remembers the good times of Colnago masterpieces since long time ago.
For the youngest people can't accept the price, are not comfortable to buy with 1000 bucks only, many people of the new generation just want cheaper, high quality like dogma F or same level quality but they wan't pay the retailer price of these bikes. Thats why we need to rethink again Colnago purpose and why want to desing a frame separately with titanium parts for the frame, if can make a v3rs one frameset body should be more easier and can make this in Taiwan with a good cost down ways. So it is worthy to get one Colnago C64 or C68 for ride when the years are crossing and get the 60 year old, where we don't have the Adam yates or Chris Froome physical body, 60 years old man where I want to have a ride like the old times, without any injuries, it needs to consider the C68 may be is the ideal bike to enjoy any ride like Aethos or Defy. So, my point is very easy , it is worthy to get one C68 or C64 to make the ride happy everyday ? yes

hannawald

by hannawald

extrusionedwin wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 3:18 pm
I think the C68 is focus in the 50~60 years old, the old school who remembers the good times of Colnago masterpieces since long time ago.
Maybe, but why they have made it the most aggresive geometry of all their bikes?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com