Topeak Feza Carbon R10 Bottle Cage

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

da123

by da123

Has anyone come across this?

Listed on r2 bike with June availability and 10g weight, but as far as I can see isn't on the Topeak website. Looks like a carbonworks copy, but if it is Topeak then presumably made to a higher standard than the numerous Ali Express efforts. Interested cos' still no availability for carbonworks, and no idea when they'll start to be produced again.

Cheers, Dave

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alanyu

by alanyu

link plz? I failed to find Topeak Feza at r2 bike.

slake21

by slake21

link to another shop

SystmSix

by SystmSix

Intresting since I found a carbonworks copy on Amazon of all places that came out of china. Took 3 months to get but looks almost the same and works great.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09GY ... UTF8&psc=1

kode54

by kode54

No different that this on Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000041 ... mainSearch

The blatant ripoff bothers me besides copying the name and logos. I still bought the original from CarbonWorks just for support.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

slake21 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:09 pm
link to another shop

G12 vs R10. Slightly different design WRT the mounting tabs.

da123

by da123

kode54 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:53 pm
No different that this on Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000041 ... mainSearch

The blatant ripoff bothers me besides copying the name and logos. I still bought the original from CarbonWorks just for support.
I'd very happily buy the carbonworks, but no there's currently no availability or any real idea when / if they will be available again. The feedback I've seen of the copies is generally that they are flexy / badly finished, so I was just hoping that if this is a genuine Topeak product, it would have some manufacturing integrity.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Honestly I’m going heavier on cages…switching from Bontrager XXX/RSL cages to Mandibles. Ejecting a bottle in the first 15 minutes of a 100mi race sucks.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

da123 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:12 pm
I'd very happily buy the carbonworks, but no there's currently no availability or any real idea when / if they will be available again. The feedback I've seen of the copies is generally that they are flexy / badly finished, so I was just hoping that if this is a genuine Topeak product, it would have some manufacturing integrity.
Nothing against Carbonworks as a pure WW product, but I've had 4 their cages (so invested my fair share in their product), and broken 3 of them. Afterwards, I bought 3 Aliexpress copies (to have 4 cages on 2 bikes again), and while they're 1-2 grams heavier, they actually have gone pretty strong for me so far.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

TobinHatesYou wrote:Honestly I’m going heavier on cages…switching from Bontrager XXX/RSL cages to Mandibles. Ejecting a bottle in the first 15 minutes of a 100mi race sucks.
Mandibles forever Image

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

da123

by da123

mrlobber wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:49 am
da123 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:12 pm
Nothing against Carbonworks as a pure WW product, but I've had 4 their cages (so invested my fair share in their product), and broken 3 of them. Afterwards, I bought 3 Aliexpress copies (to have 4 cages on 2 bikes again), and while they're 1-2 grams heavier, they actually have gone pretty strong for me so far.
Interesting. Which of the copies did you buy? Aside from not breaking, any issues with bottle retention? Cheers, Dave

kode54

by kode54

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:11 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:Honestly I’m going heavier on cages…switching from Bontrager XXX/RSL cages to Mandibles. Ejecting a bottle in the first 15 minutes of a 100mi race sucks.
Mandibles forever Image

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2
Yes. Never ejected a bottle from Mandibles...even on gravel.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I'm aware that the thread is becoming a discussion on CW cages now, but @mrlobber what did you do to break these cages? I broke one in the past from my own stupidity while transporting my bike, but for normal use I think it/these kind of cages are perfectly fine.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

mrlobber

by mrlobber

One was my own stupidity (bike fell over), one cracked at the screw (yes, I knew those 2nm ;) ), the third one broke at the bottom 90 degrees "arm" which holds the bottle from "slipping through" (if anything, I always ride only with the big (750+ ml) bottles, that might have done something with it; or maybe not, I don't know).
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

mrlobber

by mrlobber

da123 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:25 am
Interesting. Which of the copies did you buy? Aside from not breaking, any issues with bottle retention? Cheers, Dave
These ones: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000410662996.html. Feel 1:1 like originals with regards to bottle retention capabilities.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com