Fastest Tubular tire 2022

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sindrestokk

by sindrestokk

I am looking for a new set of tubular tires and i am looking for some guidance. want a fast rolling lightweight tire price does not matter around 25mm.

calleking

by calleking

2022 Wilier Filante SLR Dura-Ace/Ultegra Di2 12sp
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

Retired:
2018 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Sagan Superstar DA 9150
2016 Aeroad CF SLX UDi2
2016 CAAD12 - SRAM Red 22 - Hyper 50mm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Singular

by Singular

If you're not willing to step into track-tubs territory, Corsa Speed it is.

LouisN

by LouisN

Or Dedicated TT tubs like Veloflex Record.
Corsa Speed is 23 mm ;).
It's not up to date.
Would like to see how Veloflex Pro Tour Race scores in that test.
Louis :)

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Veloflex "on paper" should be +/- on the same level as Conti ProLtd (I think we even had some discussion around here with indirect conclusions from BRR testing), albeit from my own riding with both of these I suspect the Conti is in fact slower despite all their "Blackchilli" blah blah compound.

The new Michelin Pro Competition Cup tub might be interesting.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

xav

by xav

mrlobber wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:44 am
Veloflex "on paper" should be +/- on the same level as Conti ProLtd (I think we even had some discussion around here with indirect conclusions from BRR testing), albeit from my own riding with both of these I suspect the Conti is in fact slower despite all their "Blackchilli" blah blah compound.

We've got a Michelin Power Cup tubular on order for testing, should be a couple of weeks. The tubular VF Record is slower than the tubular Corsa Speed which is currently the fastest tubular

sindrestokk

by sindrestokk

xav wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:20 pm
mrlobber wrote:

We've got a Michelin Power Cup tubular on order for testing, should be a couple of weeks. The tubular VF Record is slower than the tubular Corsa Speed which is currently the fastest tubular
How are the corsa speeds on puncture protections? going to use them for races only might ride gravel and cobbles.

DHG01

by DHG01

sindrestokk wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:35 pm
xav wrote:
mrlobber wrote:

How are the corsa speeds on puncture protections? going to use them for races only might ride gravel and cobbles.
My rear, in 25 mm, punctured within 100 km; I wasn't able to repair (though I think I wasn't using the right sealant).

The front one completed its lifecycle though; I now use it as spair.

I think they are too fragile for cobbles.

I usually ride 25 mm; I have recently tried Zipp Tangente SL. They are 27 mm; with no scientific data, I found them very fast. I don't recall my Corsa Speed, but they do seem faster than normal Corsa (I rode both one day after the other).

Being tubular, they width will be very close to the 27 mm announced; not too different to 25 mm.

Puncture protection is supposed to be weak; but being latex and 27 mm, sealing isn't an issue (already punctured and fixed....).

Dirt cheap now at Merlin; might be another option.

DHG01

by DHG01

xav wrote:

Off topic - are typical tubeless really as fast as, eg Corsas? I ve seen BRR data; but I think I read the smaller drum penalized softer casing tyres like Corsas.

Yoln

by Yoln

xav wrote:
mrlobber wrote:

Nice! Are you also going to test clincher and tubeless versions?
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

Scott2017

by Scott2017

xav wrote:
mrlobber wrote:

How did that Michelin Power Cup tubular fare in testing?

C36

by C36

xav wrote:
mrlobber wrote:

Also interested in the result. Understood you recently had the different VF under test ?

Aress

by Aress

Cycles et form from france tested them to be equaly fast to the clincher version

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

LouisN wrote:Or Dedicated TT tubs like Veloflex Record.
Corsa Speed is 23 mm ;).
It's not up to date.
Would like to see how Veloflex Pro Tour Race scores in that test.
Louis :)
Corsa speed is available in 25mm

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Scott2017

by Scott2017

Aress wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:27 pm
Cycles et form from france tested them to be equaly fast to the clincher version
Could you share the link to their test? Checked their website but couldn't find anything about the Power Cup tubular version.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com