Ultralight bicycle parts by Lucendi

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I ordered some custom decals with the little Lucendi Ghost logo. Black/transparent. 30x40mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Love that dude on the seatpost

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Lucendi

by Lucendi

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:01 pm
Love that dude on the seatpost Image

Basso Diamante eps 12
Maybe you need a set of decals for your custom Basso seatpost? :)

Lucendi

by Lucendi

First prototype of a THM Tibia computer mount. 3D-printed and off the shelf parts. 23,6 grams with potential to go much lighter.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Hey Lucendi.
Do you think you can make a lighter version of this adapter?
Its for the Farsports F1 to go from 31.8mm stem clamp to a 28.6mm steertube. (this particular one changes the angle by 3° but a straight one is fine too.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

Aryeh wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:18 pm
Hey Lucendi.
Its for the Farsports F1 to go from 31.8mm stem clamp to a 28.6mm steertube. (this particular one changes the angle by 3° but a straight one is fine too.
I can easily make one but I don't know if it would be safe to use.

C36

by C36

Lucendi wrote:
Aryeh wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:18 pm
Hey Lucendi.
I can easily make one but I don't know if it would be safe to use.
Let’s say their previous models (gen 1-2) was 5g was breaking on first installation/removal but was not causing any problem during usage (it use to part vertically so had 2 half shim).
That’s how they looked like.

joejack951

by joejack951

Is that 3D printed? It is hard to tell. I'd think that a machined Delrin (acetal) part would work as that plastic handles compression very well. Probably would need some grip paste to keep it from slipping due to the slippery nature of acetal. It wouldn't be as light as a 3D printed part but would be significantly lighter than aluminum.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

joejack951 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:12 pm
Is that 3D printed? It is hard to tell. I'd think that a machined Delrin (acetal) part would work as that plastic handles compression very well. Probably would need some grip paste to keep it from slipping due to the slippery nature of acetal. It wouldn't be as light as a 3D printed part but would be significantly lighter than aluminum.
I also think it is Delrin, aka POM aka IGUS.

It is known as the filament that shall not be named. It is according to legend the most difficult material if not impossible to print.

35:17 - Delrin;

Fun fact, in the sport of BMX people use solid delrin bushings instead of bottom bracket bearings. It is self lubricating and it has just enough drag so that the pedals don't move too much doing tricks.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

THM TIbia Wahoo mount version 2. 17,25 grams. Joker edition? :)

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Pretty sure it would be possible to make it more aero but maybe not as nice looking.

Flat and thin with aero shape. Same width as the computer and a lot thinner :D

C36

by C36

I need to look back, gen 2 was black and definitively 3D printed… and also broke (same design, the thinnest part is… very thin) probably during maintenance, nevertheless still totally usable.
Last edited by C36 on Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txg

by txg

Have you thought about making something like a fairing so there is no gap between computer and stem? I would guess that the aero difference of this would be much more significant than saving the last few grams.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

eucalyptus wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:34 pm
Pretty sure it would be possible to make it more aero but maybe not as nice looking.

Flat and thin with aero shape. Same width as the computer and a lot thinner :D
txg wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:05 pm
Have you thought about making something like a fairing so there is no gap between computer and stem? I would guess that the aero difference of this would be much more significant than saving the last few grams.
I could go the aero route if someone would order me to make one. I can reverse engineer the original mount that comes in the box with the Wahoo Elmnt Bolt V2, change the handlebar clamp to the faceplate mounting and then extend the shape of the computer all the way towards the faceplate.

Alternatively I could make it a 2 component part. First a structural mount and then an aero fairing the snap fits around it and is easily removable.

But first I am making one to be as light and strong as possible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I am calling this mount a WIN! This 3rd prototype rocks. :)

I had an idea of filling up the entire hole in the face plate. This completely eliminates the possibility of the computer mount moving around (also means that there is no adjustability of the angle once printed). It fits so nice and snug I have to really pull on it it take it apart again. :)

The locking mechanism is a water bottle M5 rivnut in aluminium, it clamps down on the inside groove just like other THM Tibia/Schmolke TLO computer mounts, but this is off the shelf and inexpensive. No expensive/unattainable custom machined aluminium parts needed.