Ultralight bicycle parts by Lucendi

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lucendi

by Lucendi

The search for grams continues. I employed the help of an AI called DALL·E 2 and asked it to draw me blueprints of an anti-gravity device. This is what it gave me;

A bit unclear of how to build it I asked how to install it on my bicycle, and it gave me these instructions;

Still better than Ikea. ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

poulhansen

by poulhansen

:D :shock: Hmm. Shouldn't Artificial "Intelligence" just tell you, that no such thing exists? From what did it get knowledge? Internet?
Cannondale Super Six HiMod 2017 6.7 kg
Cannondale six13, 2004, 5.50kg
Focus Izalco Max, 2023 4.418 kg

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I printed the wall mount in white also and I think I prefer it in white. :)

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I want to clarify that I keep the first post of this thread up to date with all my current designs.

I am also able to do original designs. If you can draw it I can probably make it.

The bar end plugs are very popular and to everyone who doesn't own a pair, you're really missing out! :) Here are the SUB1 bar end plugs at a ridiculous 0,96 grams per pair!!

I am using the new Voron printer to make parts, seen here making some Cervélo S3 top caps.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

The evolution journey of the bar end plugs, beginning with the stock Zipp bar end plugs, on to some dremelled out Deda plugs, and then all the way to the UL bar end plugs at 1,70 grams and the SUB1 at 0,96 grams.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

This custom made Lightweight Urgestalt seatpost is now on it's way to its new owner! At 113 grams it is a lot lighter than the original seatpost at 205 grams. :)

Anyone curious to how I make these seatpost can read more about it in my Urgestalt build thread. My method has developed and I now double the wall thickness around the saddle clamp area, just like I do on my 27,2 mm seatposts.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I finally got around to fine tuning the printer. It can now print at double the speed (around 120mm/s) with the same high quality result. :)

poulhansen

by poulhansen

Impressive
Cannondale Super Six HiMod 2017 6.7 kg
Cannondale six13, 2004, 5.50kg
Focus Izalco Max, 2023 4.418 kg

Lucendi

by Lucendi

robbosmans wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:25 pm
Benchy!
A 48min Benchy at 0.20 mm layer height.

With some more tuning and different slicer settings a sub 10 min Benchy should be possible.

It looks even faster in a bigger model;

Here's a video for inspiration;

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I printed a custom headset spacer to complement the THM Tibia stem. 5,7g for 16 mm height.

It is paired with my 0,77g headset spacer.

The larger side profile makes the THM Tibia stem look less bulky and improves the overall look.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I was asked by a fellow ww-member to design and print a Garmin Varia seatpost mount.

Here in 31,6 and 30,9 mm sizes. But could be made to fit any diameter or proprietary shape seatpost.

Bfriesen

by Bfriesen

Lucendi wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:55 pm
I printed a custom headset spacer to complement the THM Tibia stem. 5,7g for 16 mm height.

It is paired with my 0,77g headset spacer.

The larger side profile makes the THM Tibia stem look less bulky and improves the overall look.
Are you concerned at all about strength of a fdm printed spacer? I had a custom printed cable stop that I designed and printed in PETG that held up really well, until I left it in my car in the sun for an hour. The plastic deformed signifigantly and I'd be concerned about using a fdm part in a more safety critial location, even if I didn't do dumb things like leave it in a hot car.

I've wanted to do a custom spacer for a while, and I think I've landed on using a carbon spacer as a core structure, with an aestetic printed shroud.
2020 Cannondale Supersix
2021 Argon 18 Gallium Disc
2018 Trek Crockett

Hexsense

by Hexsense

If PETG isn't heat resistant enough, then use ABS+ or other tougher plastic?

Lucendi

by Lucendi

Bfriesen wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:07 am
Are you concerned at all about strength of a fdm printed spacer? I had a custom printed cable stop that I designed and printed in PETG that held up really well, until I left it in my car in the sun for an hour. The plastic deformed signifigantly and I'd be concerned about using a fdm part in a more safety critial location, even if I didn't do dumb things like leave it in a hot car.

I've wanted to do a custom spacer for a while, and I think I've landed on using a carbon spacer as a core structure, with an aestetic printed shroud.
I am concerned about the strenght when I choose what material to use and design the model.

Designing a part that will definitely stand the use is easy. It is an engineers job to design the part to just be strong enough (within margins of safety) to hold up.

I am not worried about the strenght of this carbon fiber reinforced nylon headset spacer, but I totally understand that people would be and I don't want just anyone to use these 3D-printed items of mine. There is a clear tradeoff between strenght and weight. If you are not a weight weenie, don't use silly 3D-printed bike parts!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com