Ultralight bicycle parts by Lucendi

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Two members got into a fracas in public on the forum. Both were reprimanded. One took it very well in the manner it was meant, the other didn't. We would love to see him back but it is up to him.
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tazzy

by Tazzy

oh well... any other route besides insta to reach him?

C36

by C36

Tazzy wrote:oh well... any other route besides insta to reach him?
Insta works well. That’s how we tuned the spacer for the farsport combo.

Tazzy

by Tazzy

I just deleted my insta account... seems odd to make a new one for this ;)

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

@Tazzy sent you a pm on this

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Anybody have the STL file for the chain catcher?
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

micky

by micky

I hope @Lucendi doesn't do a facepalm way too strong as I finally had chance to change my bar tape and install his bar end plugs which I had them sitting here for months! :lol:

Very quick review from my side;

- I've got both the UL and SUB1 version. First reaction on hand was that SUB1 was way too soft/tiny to be used in real world. UL version with the "teeth" in the inserted area looked way more reliable. Same as for the outside edges; SUB1 on hand looks way too small and look ridicoulus while UL is more down to earth spec.
- As I've started to swap the bar tape my inned WeightWeenies told me to give a try and see if it was really possible to get the SUB1 in and to my surprise the first one went rather easy. The second one was deforming and kept me busy for a few minutes as it kept bending and not pressing the bar tape in proper position.
- Once installed, the little edges that sit outside of the bar tape get into a nice position and have no edge standing out. This has been a bit of an annoying thing for me with other bar plugs as I use often to lay the bike inside my car when going to races or to Alps for a ride and very often those plugs would slip out without me realising until a few days later.

Conclusion; by knowing this would I buy these plugs? They are not a thing you need because it's really a few gramms but yes I would. Would I recommend them to my friends? Yep I would cause it's a nice little touch when getting a bike nowdays with custom details is getting more and more rare.