Ultralight bicycle parts by Lucendi

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Would it be difficult to print replacement handlebar ends for the latest aeroad? I am looking for something that allows me to get a 36cm width at the hoods. It would be nice to have a flare at the drops out to 38cm as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucendi

by Lucendi

@ mrbrown4001

Assuming this is the type of handlebar you are referring to then I don't see how this could be made in any other material than aluminium, titanium or carbon fiber.

A part like 3D-printed in titanium alloy would cost around 1-3k€ and it would be tricky to get the dimensions right. The cost for 3D-printing in titanium is roughly the price of gold which is 55€ per gram.

I would personally try and modify an existing handlebar using carbon fiber. Cut the bar ends in half and fix them in a jig at the desired angle where you get the flare you want and then basically do a carbon repair job and wrap carbon fiber around the outside.

Canyon might also relase barends with a flare if there is poular demand. Maybe ask if it already in the plans?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Lucendi and Simon are currently on a two week holiday for not resolving their issues in private. I have gone through and cleared up this thread so when they return we can please just stay on track with discussing the amazingly cool things Lucendi is producing.

Any further posts on the previous discussion will just be removed. Please read the forum rules, respect each other and add to the conversation don't detract from it 🙏
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Lucendi wrote:@ mrbrown4001

Assuming this is the type of handlebar you are referring to then I don't see how this could be made in any other material than aluminium, titanium or carbon fiber.

A part like 3D-printed in titanium alloy would cost around 1-3k€ and it would be tricky to get the dimensions right. The cost for 3D-printing in titanium is roughly the price of gold which is 55€ per gram.

I would personally try and modify an existing handlebar using carbon fiber. Cut the bar ends in half and fix them in a jig at the desired angle where you get the flare you want and then basically do a carbon repair job and wrap carbon fiber around the outside.

Canyon might also relase barends with a flare if there is poular demand. Maybe ask if it already in the plans?
That’s exactly what I was referring to. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

Hey Lucendi, one for when you get back. Have you ever thought about creating a bar end plug that can hold a SM-EW-90A? Would just save people the expense of splurging for the RS-910 and you only need to remove it every few months to charge

stermyx

by stermyx

Hello, do you sell this parts?? Interested in a bar end plugs.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Yea he does. Shoot him a message on insta

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Vanoisy

by Vanoisy

Lucendi wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:33 pm
@ mrbrown4001

Hi Lucendi!

I'm brand new to Weightweenies - created the account as I'd like to order a few items from you if possible

What would be the best way to do this - I don't have Instagram unfortunately

Vanoisy

by Vanoisy

Apparently I'm not authorised to send private messages, due to having not yet commented in forums enough.

What an 'unusual' forum rule.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Hes currently on holiday but should be back soon . Not allowing people to private message straight away helps stop scammers etc.

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

stermyx

by stermyx

Vanoisy wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:19 pm
Apparently I'm not authorised to send private messages, due to having not yet commented in forums enough.

What an 'unusual' forum rule.
Create an account on instagram to do this things, i have it and i only use it for something like this.

C36

by C36

I Hope to see Lucendi back here, we had a good time to make a spacer that fit the Farsports F1 combo and makes it less bulky on the supersix evo2 AND manages the angled sleeve.

Starting point

The difficulty is to manage the -3deg sleeve that tilts the bottom of the stem

First raw attempt didn’t manage (yet) the sleeve angle

Revised design, after a bit of sanding and black paint… that’s not really a Color Monkey finish but parts being thin I didn’t want to sand too much. Really happy with how it integrates the clamping area, makes the front end much smoother.
Last edited by C36 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

None of you will "see" him here again!
Sad to hear that, but he doesn't wish to participate here anymore.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

velov

by velov

What happened?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tazzy

by Tazzy

:(