33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
andy4g63

by andy4g63

Stupid question....

Where does the rubber ring/ on the valve stem/ SUPPOSED TO STAY???

Some say inside rime, some say outside...
Which one is.

Thx. Cheers 🍻

Seven1816

by Seven1816

andy4g63 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 1:16 pm
Stupid question....

Where does the rubber ring/ on the valve stem/ SUPPOSED TO STAY???

Some say inside rime, some say outside...
Which one is.

Thx. Cheers 🍻
The more I think of it I say inside, as the rubber ring will be compressed against the rim causing the valve stem to be isolated from rattling. If it was on the outside there is a possibility it may roll up the valve a little and rattle. :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maurice1

by maurice1

Outside. It's there to seal inside the locknut. That's why the locknut has a little recess

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

maurice1 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 1:57 pm
Outside. It's there to seal inside the locknut. That's why the locknut has a little recess
Imcorrect. The o-ring goes on the inside of the rim to protect the valve/ tube interface.
They're working on a new version which does without the o-ring. It's probably available now.

Ridnow confirmed this to me during a call I had with them a few months ago.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

I haven't used the O ring on the inside for 2 years on my Revoloop and neither now on Ridenow (same stuff).
It's obviously just fine without the O ring

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

wheelsONfire wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 11:01 pm
CringeKing wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:17 pm
Since they have non-removable cores now do you guys think i could get away with a 60mm/65mm valves on 50 mm deep rims?
+70mm is what i would go for
I use 60mm revoloop son 56mm deep wheel. No issue and still room to pop on some gummi to prevent rattle. So 65mm should work even better

JaeOne3345

by JaeOne3345

Steve Curtis wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 3:14 pm
The o-ring goes on the inside of the rim to protect the valve/ tube interface.
They're working on a new version which does without the o-ring. It's probably available now.

That's funny because a rep replying in youtube comments said it goes on the outside. :noidea:

Expand the pinned comment and scroll down.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

JaeOne3345 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:19 am
Steve Curtis wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 3:14 pm
The o-ring goes on the inside of the rim to protect the valve/ tube interface.

That's funny because a rep replying in youtube comments said it goes on the outside. :noidea:

Expand the pinned comment and scroll down.
I can't comment on that, but I spoke with a senior tech at ridenow and that's what he told me.

I'm more inclined to believe him as they're changing the design to do without the o-ring, and they wouldn't do that if it if it needs to be externally mounted to the valve.

The newer tubes also ship with a sticky patch to go around the valve hole to stop rattle, and and o-ring.

Whatever, it's clearly not so much of an issue as some don't bother using it at all 😀

kroem

by kroem

Anyone tried the alternatives coming out, like "Thinkrider"?
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

Keykey1985

by Keykey1985

maurice1 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 6:01 pm
Are people really desperate enough for the small weight savings of the 19g tube, even if it means much thinner and potentially dangerous? :| Couldn't be happier with my 36g tubes but I get anxious thinking of this weight saving race at all costs people seem to be willing to gamble on for such a critical component
I've got a pair of the 19g variant with 85mm valves, they were only £6 for the pair so thought I'd give them a try. Must have been an 'early adopters offer' because as soon as I bought them they doubled in price.

I've been using Aerothan and Revoloop for a few years.
Attachments
20230515_103528.jpg

JaeOne3345

by JaeOne3345

Steve Curtis wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 7:25 am

I can't comment on that, but I spoke with a senior tech at ridenow and that's what he told me.

I'm more inclined to believe him as they're changing the design to do without the o-ring, and they wouldn't do that if it if it needs to be externally mounted to the valve.

The newer tubes also ship with a sticky patch to go around the valve hole to stop rattle, and and o-ring.

Whatever, it's clearly not so much of an issue as some don't bother using it at all 😀
I feel you 100%. I wasn't doubting what you said.

I personally run latex tubes as a primary with these as a back up. I don't bother with the O-ring and neither does my coach who runs these as his primary tube. Two layers of tubeless rim tape has been enough to stop any issues with the hole in the rim messing with the tube. A non issue imo.

Yeah, I have the newer tubes in my kit as well.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Keykey1985 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:36 am
maurice1 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 6:01 pm
Are people really desperate enough for the small weight savings of the 19g tube, even if it means much thinner and potentially dangerous? :| Couldn't be happier with my 36g tubes but I get anxious thinking of this weight saving race at all costs people seem to be willing to gamble on for such a critical component
I've got a pair of the 19g variant with 85mm valves, they were only £6 for the pair so thought I'd give them a try. Must have been an 'early adopters offer' because as soon as I bought them they doubled in price.

I've been using Aerothan and Revoloop for a few years.
Curious but would myself go for 24gr version which is similar to revoloop. Good enough

chuingbeans

by chuingbeans

kroem wrote:Anyone tried the alternatives coming out, like "Thinkrider"?
Got a pair with a 65mm valve, weighed in at 27g.
Installs easily. Holds air well.

Can’t say I notice any difference in rolling resistance vs the latex tubes I was running.

Scania123

by Scania123

I ordered some Ridenow 85 mm tubes but recieved 65 mm. Does anyone have experience from what's the deepest rim depth that works with 65 mm valve lengths? I got the tubes cheap so can't be bothered to send them back.

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Noone's heard any horror stories with carbon rim-brake on these tubes as yet?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com