33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
macwatt

by macwatt

Scania123 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:52 am
I ordered some Ridenow 85 mm tubes but recieved 65 mm. Does anyone have experience from what's the deepest rim depth that works with 65 mm valve lengths? I got the tubes cheap so can't be bothered to send them back.
I've used 65 mm with Roval Rapide CLX wheels rear is 60mm deep it was ok and usable but certainly not much valve stem visible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MilesG813

by MilesG813

Scania123 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:52 am
I ordered some Ridenow 85 mm tubes but recieved 65 mm. Does anyone have experience from what's the deepest rim depth that works with 65 mm valve lengths? I got the tubes cheap so can't be bothered to send them back.
I use the 65mm on my PCW 6560s which are 60mm at the valve. Just enough for the chuck to grab.
2022 Specialized S-Works SL7 I Ultegra R8170 I Princeton Carbonworks 6560
2012 Cannondale CAAD 10 I 105 R5700 I Zipp 404s

jlok

by jlok

Used 65mm valve on my WR65, just right to allow the use of screw on pump chuck.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Turrifik

by Turrifik

Are you using a thread-on or clamp-on Chuck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlok

by jlok

Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Just an fyi. After some testing and purposefully puncturing a tube multiple times, the Park Tool self adhesive patch's work brilliantly on these tubes.

I tried a the lezyne patches which were ok and the wiggle lifeline ones were ok too, but park was a clear improvement.

Keykey1985

by Keykey1985

Steve Curtis wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:51 am
Just an fyi. After some testing and purposefully puncturing a tube multiple times, the Park Tool self adhesive patch's work brilliantly on these tubes.

I tried a the lezyne patches which were ok and the wiggle lifeline ones were ok too, but park was a clear improvement.
Schwalbe patches work well on Aerothan tubes, I had one hold for over a year with ~5000 at miles, presume they would work as well with any other TPU tube?

Steve Curtis

by Steve Curtis

Keykey1985 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:24 am
Steve Curtis wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:51 am

Schwalbe patches work well on Aerothan tubes, I had one hold for over a year with ~5000 at miles, presume they would work as well with any other TPU tube?
I tried the schwalbe too, but they weren't as stretchy vs the park ones.
The tubes stretch to fit the tyre and remain stretched, the park patched allow for this it If you have a tube that's already stretched then the schwalbe are fine. ( or don't intend to use the tube in a larger tyre later )

usr

by usr

Thanks, in particular because the Schwalbe patches seem to be out of stock more often than not.

Stretch will be an important factor, even on a pre-stretched base. There's still *some* elasticity left or else you wouldn't reuse even in the same tire.

Steve Curtis

by Steve Curtis

usr wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:45 am
Thanks, in particular because the Schwalbe patches seem to be out of stock more often than not.

Stretch will be an important factor, even on a pre-stretched base. There's still *some* elasticity left or else you wouldn't reuse even in the same tire.
I picked up the schwalbe patches to use as frame protectors 🤓 they're great for that.

charirider

by charirider

Hey fellow weightweenies
As many people in this topic mentioned, TPU tubes have different sound to them when rolling +30kmph.
What exactly the difference is comparing to light butyl/mix tubes?
Now I am riding Panaracer R'Air tubes, Gillar tyres mounted on Vision Metron 40sl carbon clinchers.
Will switching to TPU, let's say RideOn, five me more "hollow" carbon cool rolling sound?
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.9kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe size 55 (cyclocross) 9.8kg

andy4g63

by andy4g63

Couple of questions, regarding size:

I had a gravel ride on Sunday and my friend had a tube with a very short valve...

So I tried and we used the Ride now TPU tubes that I carried as a spare...

Regular 36 g version.
First one started showing leakage after 15 min...
We stopped and put the second one in.
I did clean the tire , but not the rim....

After another 20 min the second one started leaking.

At this point I realized I had a valve extension so we could use my friend regular tube and we got back...

The first TPU tube I threw away.
The second one took home to investigate...
Appeared that the tube had not one , but 2 small holes sort of facing the rim side...

No leaks at valve or where the tube is glued...

Do you guys think they are viable option for gravel tires_40mm???
I know on the box it says 32...

The only problem I see is where the tube is glued/joined...
This area was very visible during inflation... You can actually feel and see a little slope there, which sort of disappeared when inflated more...

Upon further investigation I came to conclusion that is still doable as spare as long as you clean good rim and tire before installing...

LMK what you guys think.
Cheers 🍻

Aesch

by Aesch

If I understand correctly you've undersized significantly making the tube thinner and more vulnerable. If you choose the right size you should be fine.

jayjay

by jayjay

andy4g63 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:31 pm
Do you guys think they are viable option for gravel tires_40mm???
I know on the box it says 32...
No.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maurice1

by maurice1

They make gravel tubes. I'm not sure what you expected using road tubes in a gravel tire