33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

TPU tubes are extremely fragile when it comes to size if it says 32C max, you would not blow past that AT ALL. Heck for safe side, stay on 30C.
For 40mm tire you need the gravel up to 45C tube.

SystmSix

by SystmSix

Is it me or do they just feel different. I just replaced my butyl tubes as I was waiting to get a big enough puncture to justify getting rid of them. I replaced them with the Ridenow that I had waiting and I swear the tire at the same pressure with the ridenow is more forgiving. Has anyone else felt this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maurice1

by maurice1

SystmSix wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:27 pm
Is it me or do they just feel different. I just replaced my butyl tubes as I was waiting to get a big enough puncture to justify getting rid of them. I replaced them with the Ridenow that I had waiting and I swear the tire at the same pressure with the ridenow is more forgiving. Has anyone else felt this?
You're not crazy. They are a little more comfortable than butyl

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Do these tubes still lose air randomly without punctures?

Went to ride yesterday and found that the rear wheel had lost about 20psi. No problem with the front.
Filled the rear up, rode 20 miles, no problem.
Woke up this morning, and it's completely flat.

I have to assume it's a puncture or failure somewhere, since the front wheel hasn't lost air - but wanted to make sure it's. not part of living with these RideNow tubes.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Punture. They don't randomly loose air (like tubeless does occasionally).
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Possible loose valve. I've had a couple do this.

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Steve Curtis wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:29 pm
You mean the valve core is loose?

Edit: nvm. I see that the cores are not removable

FishNo6

by FishNo6

inertianinja wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:30 pm
Steve Curtis wrote:

I think the cores were removable on early RideNow's and there were some valve leakage issues. They're now glued in permanently.

Steve Curtis

by Steve Curtis

FishNo6 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:10 pm
inertianinja wrote:
Steve Curtis wrote:

I think the cores were removable on early RideNow's and there were some valve leakage issues. They're now glued in permanently.

You're wrong. Go back a few pages and read the posts.
They are still removable, but they use a loctite material to prevent them from coming loose, however, sometimes they can still leak when a pump is used that tightly grips/ crushes the loctite, it can fracture leading the a very slow leak.

They started using loctite to prevent people from over tightening the cores and cracking the stem.

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Steve Curtis wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:38 pm
FishNo6 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:10 pm
inertianinja wrote:
Steve Curtis wrote:

You're wrong. Go back a few pages and read the posts.
They are still removable, but they use a loctite material to prevent them from coming loose, however, sometimes they can still leak when a pump is used that tightly grips/ crushes the loctite, it can fracture leading the a very slow leak.

They started using loctite to prevent people from over tightening the cores and cracking the stem.
I don't think that's my issue - I'm using a (very) old Joe Blow Sprint pump that is just gripping with rubber.
I pumped the tire up to 80psi, tightended the valve down, and put the core upside-down in water - no bubbles. So I guess the core isn't the problem.

FishNo6

by FishNo6

Thanks for the correction Steve. I'm often wrong. I use both threadlock and bearing retainer from Loctite but somehow still think glue when I see the name...

Anyway, my early impressions after 900km riding Ridenows with carbon rim-brake wheels on moderately hilly terrain: they're fine.

I ride predominantly in the Surrey Hills / North Downs in the UK. I recently switched from aluminium Kinlin XR31 rims to Light Bicycle rim-brake carbon AR36's with 28mm GP5000's and fitted Ridenow tpu's at the same time. I'm 85kg and a cautious descender, so on the steeper, bendier and more poorly surfaced descents (Crocknorth, top of Whitedown Lane, Radnor Road down into Peaslake) I'm hauling on the brakes continually - though not continuously. Hills are short, so the tubes never experience 2 minutes plus of heat build up. I haven't experienced any issues with the Ridenows as yet. Examining one just now it appears to be in excellent condition. Incidentally, my 'pinch-flat while installing' days may now be over - the pink tubes really stand out against the tyres and rims, and the Light Bicycle AR36, GP5000 combination is installable without resorting to tyre levers.

Steve Curtis

by Steve Curtis

FishNo6 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:33 pm
Thanks for the correction Steve. I'm often wrong. I use both threadlock and bearing retainer from Loctite but somehow still think glue when I see the name...

Anyway, my early impressions after 900km riding Ridenows with carbon rim-brake wheels on moderately hilly terrain: they're fine.

I ride predominantly in the Surrey Hills / North Downs in the UK. I recently switched from aluminium Kinlin XR31 rims to Light Bicycle rim-brake carbon AR36's with 28mm GP5000's and fitted Ridenow tpu's at the same time. I'm 85kg and a cautious descender, so on the steeper, bendier and more poorly surfaced descents (Crocknorth, top of Whitedown Lane, Radnor Road down into Peaslake) I'm hauling on the brakes continually - though not continuously. Hills are short, so the tubes never experience 2 minutes plus of heat build up. I haven't experienced any issues with the Ridenows as yet. Examining one just now it appears to be in excellent condition. Incidentally, my 'pinch-flat while installing' days may now be over - the pink tubes really stand out against the tyres and rims, and the Light Bicycle AR36, GP5000 combination is installable without resorting to tyre levers.
I intended to import these tubes and distribute them, so had conversation with the company after using them for a few months. I had some teething issues such as leaky valves so they were warranted and they explained the issues they've encountered, and how they fixed them. Great product and a great bunch of people.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Anyone tried the Cyclami tpu tubes? https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/10050041 ... dZtNTuk2ne

I heard they are made by the same company that makes the Ridenow tubes. They have the aluminum threaded valve stem and also reinforced seal.
I've seen a pic on a scale at 38gr. including valve cap, nut and elastic.
██

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

inertianinja wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:18 pm
Do these tubes still lose air randomly without punctures?

Went to ride yesterday and found that the rear wheel had lost about 20psi. No problem with the front.
Filled the rear up, rode 20 miles, no problem.
Woke up this morning, and it's completely flat.

I have to assume it's a puncture or failure somewhere, since the front wheel hasn't lost air - but wanted to make sure it's. not part of living with these RideNow tubes.
That's a puncture had the exact same issue with one of the Revoloop tubes, could never fine the leak because the hole is too small. Like I can pump it up all fine, go for a 50km ride but then leaving it overnight and it will be flat. In these cases you must change tube, good thing they are like 6 bucks a piece now rather than 25 two years ago...

About holding air, they hold up very well. I use 5.5 bar rear and 5 front, after a week of riding they drop somewhere around 0.5 to 0.8 bar

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

I saw a ridenow tube marketed at 24 gram on Ali the other day. I thought it was 36 (real life 32) and 19g as the only options 🤔🤔

I think any TPU tube from Ali with plastic valve stem will be just fine. Green looks very good