33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Mog88

by Mog88

Was doing some late night browsing on AliExpress (as you do) and came across these Tubolito-style tubes at a claimed 35g. Well my curiosity got the better of me and decided to order one (I really should have ordered two). I normally run latex tubes and carry a Tubolito as a spare so I hoped it would at least be good for that.

For reference a Tubolito Tubo with 42mm valve stem measures 41g on my scale.

On first impressions I'd say the plastic feels very similar to my Tubo, but the valve stem is maybe a slightly better plastic, and black is definitely a bonus if you plan to use them as more than just a spare. Inflates just fine, left it up for a few days and no obvious leaks, though I've not ridden with it yet. Building a new bike at the moment so will probably try it for a bit and see how it goes.

I couldn't find any other mention of these on the forum so if anyone knows more about them then I'm all ears. As far as I know most/all of the other TPU tubes are made in Europe.

And for the avoidance of doubt, I am in absolutely now way affiliated with this product! Just thought this community might be interested.

alanyu

by alanyu

Ridenow was rolled out in China from mid Feb, and before roll-out they had a beta version tested by several riders. They have fixed the stem issue (leaking and tearing) on the current version.

P. S., the cost of this TPU is actually very low.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1llum4

by 1llum4

Curious if the size is different to the Tubolito.They look smaller on the picture. Can you take a picture of them side by side please ?

Mog88

by Mog88

1llum4 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:54 pm
Curious if the size is different to the Tubolito.They look smaller on the picture. Can you take a picture of them side by side please ?
Here you go! Having held them side by side again I slightly take back my original comment of them feeling similar - they're not that similar.

1llum4

by 1llum4

Thank you for the comparaison. They look to be the same size as the S-tubo but slightly heavier. That is good to know.

gSporco

by gSporco

Interestong.. 2 things.. 1. Do they hold air well, assumin your used them already. 2. Will the Tubolito patches work on these?
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

hannawald

by hannawald

alanyu wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:17 pm
Ridenow was rolled out in China from mid Feb, and before roll-out they had a beta version tested by several riders. They have fixed the stem issue (leaking and tearing) on the current version.

You must have your sources where to buy them because on Aliexpress they are about 20 usd, which is not far from european siblings.

alanyu

by alanyu

hannawald wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:45 am
alanyu wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:17 pm

You must have your sources where to buy them because on Aliexpress they are about 20 usd, which is not far from european siblings.
They are sold less than 15 usd in China and my friends there have bought quite a bit. :unbelievable:

damiancd

by damiancd

Yup, if anyone got good source of them for some lower price than $20 please give us a hint :)

SilverSteve

by SilverSteve

damiancd wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:32 am
Yup, if anyone got good source of them for some lower price than $20 please give us a hint :)
AliExpress $14.98 USD

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Took a punt on 2 from the link above for £25, likely use them to reduce the weight/size of my carry on tools/spares

mikemelbrooks

by mikemelbrooks

I took a punt as well, mine came in a 33 grams and £9.85 posted, delivery was 12 days from China. The seller is now also offering repair kits as well. Also if it can stretch to a 32mm tyre as stated in means it will cover all the tyre sizes I use, so I don't have to remember to carry different tubes for different bikes.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Price is 19.7 USD to Sweden, but that includes 25% VAT already applied from Ali.

The Revloop costs 29 USD without shipping from R2-bike, so definitely cheaper from Ali. Being TPU, how much different could they be? 36g (33) vs Revoloop 39g.

Would be nice to see some tests or evaluations once you guys have done some miles.
Very happy with my Revo so far!

gSporco

by gSporco

eucalyptus wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:09 pm
Price is 19.7 USD to Sweden, but that includes 25% VAT already applied from Ali.

The Revloop costs 29 USD without shipping from R2-bike, so definitely cheaper from Ali. Being TPU, how much different could they be? 36g (33) vs Revoloop 39g.

Would be nice to see some tests or evaluations once you guys have done some miles.
We will have to see how they test out.. Injust received my pair to the USA.. and bang on 33g a piece.. at least the quality control by weight is food so far..

As for Revoloop.. I think they have the fastest TPU tube tested so far.. I think they were 1 watt faster than Tubolito and mayne 2.5 watt slower than Latex.. but don't quote me on that :)
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

eucalyptus wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:09 pm

https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/inner-tube ... resistance

The fastest TPU is just 1W slower than latex (for a pair of wheels at 45 kph), while the slowest TPU is similar to a light butyl tube.