33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Hazzer19

by Hazzer19

After receiving my last order of a gravel RideNow tube and patch kit, I attempted to path a few tires, two were RideNow and one Tubolito. I expected the RideNow ones to work and maybe the Tubolito. No luck with either. I followed the instruction provided in the patch kit and all 3 were leaking air after following all the steps and waiting the correct amount of time.

The patches, which seems to be just cut up pieces of RideNow tubes seem to curl up then they come into contact with the adhesic therefore making it hard to create a seal, even when pressing down with your thumbs. Pretty dissapointed as I would like to get more life out of these tubes...

Please let me know if you have suggestions!

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Hazzer19 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:43 am
After receiving my last order of a gravel RideNow tube and patch kit, I attempted to path a few tires, two were RideNow and one Tubolito. I expected the RideNow ones to work and maybe the Tubolito. No luck with either. I followed the instruction provided in the patch kit and all 3 were leaking air after following all the steps and waiting the correct amount of time.

The patches, which seems to be just cut up pieces of RideNow tubes seem to curl up then they come into contact with the adhesic therefore making it hard to create a seal, even when pressing down with your thumbs. Pretty dissapointed as I would like to get more life out of these tubes...

I find this part difficult with TPU tubes. I tried patching one of my Revoloop tubes last week, I was out riding like usual, just to find the bike with an empty tube the day after. Put it in a sink with water, found two small holes barely leaking. Patched it with Topeak glueless flypaper.

Pumped it up to 5.5 bar, out riding, and same story again with an empty tube the day after.... Removed the tube and filled it outside the tire and it is holding air, only at high pressure inside the tire is leaking.

I ordered 4 Ridenow tubes for about 52 USD on ali, price seems to differentiate quite heavy between different sellers (stores) depending on how they calculate shipping or free shipping and higher sale price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mikemelbrooks

by mikemelbrooks

I covered 150 miles so far, no issues. There is a great varience in total cost on AliExpress. It's so annoying seeing a headline price only to find out that the price is for a repair kit only. I am also starting to see them on Amazon with a rather large mark up.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

eucalyptus wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:26 am
I find this part difficult with TPU tubes. I tried patching one of my Revoloop tubes last week, I was out riding like usual, just to find the bike with an empty tube the day after. Put it in a sink with water, found two small holes barely leaking. Patched it with Topeak glueless flypaper.

Pumped it up to 5.5 bar, out riding, and same story again with an empty tube the day after.... Removed the tube and filled it outside the tire and it is holding air, only at high pressure inside the tire is leaking.

I ordered 4 Ridenow tubes for about 52 USD on ali, price seems to differentiate quite heavy between different sellers (stores) depending on how they calculate shipping or free shipping and higher sale price.
Why are you using patches that aren't intended for TPU?

I have a set of Aerothan on my TT bike. No issues so far with that. 40g, so maybe more robust.

On my roadie I have Revoloop and experienced the same as you. Tiny hole on the side at the end of a 150km ride, small enough to pump up and get home. No damage to the tire, so can't tell what caused it. It's a mystery. But the revoloop patch seems really good. Super sticky and holds air for now. Will see on the next ride, I guess. Maybe Revoloop is too thin. It's just 25g with a 80mm valve.

JayDee81

by JayDee81

BigBoyND wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:09 am
Maybe Revoloop is too thin. It's just 25g with a 80mm valve.
That's the ultra light version, not the regular one. I have the regular ones for a week and so far did one 60 km ride and one 260 km ride on them and all good so far. One of them leaks about 1 psi per 12 hours and the other one twice that much, which is acceptable in my book.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

My ultra ones also barely lose pressure, so all good on that end. I'll see how durable they end up being with their patch

Hazzer19

by Hazzer19

Hazzer19 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:43 am

Update from my patchee tubes. Out of the 2 RideNow tubes and 1 Tubolito tube I patched using the RideNow patch kit, the Tubolito is actually the only one holding air and was fine on a 80Km+ ride!

Will attempt to patch the RideNow ones again. It may have just been the technique as I used the longer patches for the RideNow and round one for the Tubolito by chance, and maybe using the round one let me press it down better by hand.

Also has anyone tried a glue-less Park Tool patch on a TPU tube?

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Try the Revoloop patch. It is super sticky. Patched up my Revoloop tire and it is holding pressure just fine after 140km.

JayDee81

by JayDee81

So got a puncture on the rear on the regular Revoloop tube, but tbh nothing would have survived that, except for tubeless with sealant. A small sharp stone or something just cut right through the tire tread and was stuck in it when I stopped.
So you say the Revoloop patches are good? I guess I might just order a set then so that I don't have to scrap the expensive tube after just 5 rides (albeit some 650 km).

damiancd

by damiancd

Small review from me - bought 3 inner tubes, after first ride (~~60km) everything was fine but then 2-3 days later it somehow lost the air pressure. I took it out - small hole at the opposite of valve. I've used normal inner tube patch (glued one), put inside the tyre, inflated, and it's perfectly fine, however the tube is so small and lightweight that I've lost my spare one during the ride :X

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

JayDee81 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:12 am
So got a puncture on the rear on the regular Revoloop tube, but tbh nothing would have survived that, except for tubeless with sealant. A small sharp stone or something just cut right through the tire tread and was stuck in it when I stopped.
So you say the Revoloop patches are good? I guess I might just order a set then so that I don't have to scrap the expensive tube after just 5 rides (albeit some 650 km).
I'd recommend getting the Revo patches. Mine is holding so far. They're very sticky and easy to apply

kilo

by kilo

Hi guys, I would like to know if it is recommended to use CO2 in RideNow tubes or any other type of thermoplastic tubes

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

Just received mine last night. Weight was spot on, 33g for the 65mm and 35g for the 80mm. Will try later this week on the road.

Sworks Tarmac SL8 - 7.09kg
LS Ultimate (7.89kg), Tarmac SL7 (7.56kg), Aethos (7.00kg), Venge (7.59 kg), Roubaix Team (7.53 kg) - Sold

tothemax

by tothemax

Have ridden about 500km with them, including some crits and gravel. No problems so far. They roll smooth and fast. I made sure to pay extra attention while inserting them into the tire to avoid a pinch while inflating. I went ahead and ordered a few more for backups.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JayDee81

by JayDee81

Had a second puncture while in mountains, but this one was different. It was a slowish leak that stopped when the tire was at about 30-40 psi I think, because I almost crashed in a corner because of it, stopped afterwards and nothing was leaking anymore. Now I have the patches and looking at it it looks like it leaks around the valve base. Pumped it up a little bit and it started leaking and when I push with my thumb near the valve base the leaking stops. Probably not something I could fix with the patch given there is an edge?