33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
aeroberg

by aeroberg

Steve Curtis wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:31 pm
Originally the valves could be removed but they were prone to leaking so they effectively thread locked them in.
They can be removed, but may leak unless you thread lock them back again.

I don't think sealant in TPU would work anyway
On the Tubolito website it says that Oko Sealant will work. Looking at Oko it seems like its just synthetic latex sealant. So my guess is that Caffelatex as well as Milkit should work as well. I think the concern with TPU and sealant is the chemical reactions with the sealant being use especually latex based.

inertianinja

by inertianinja

For those running GP5000 - should there be a difference in puncture protection for these tubes between the older GP5000 and the newer TR version?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

usr

by usr

The TR aren't even advertised with the "vectran breaker" claim, seems like they pulled all the registers to keep the tubeless weight disadvantage in check.

Avalius

by Avalius

I've raced with these this year 4 flats in a short period. Back to conti race light lol

AudiophilesHifi

by AudiophilesHifi

Hello everybody!
Maybe I introduce myself, I come from Germany and ride with my wife together and friends, in Germany and Cyprus (my wife comes from).
Was a happy reader here, thanks for all the information.

Regarding TPU tubes,
Since short time we ride the Cyclami green ones in between 25 - 28 mm Continental Grand Prix (normal) and GP 5000.
No problems during installation and few rides.
Maybe more often pumping than with Butyl.

Now I wanted to order more TPU tubes for the other 2 bikes.
I ordered Cyclami again,
but found on aliexpress a new TPU tube brand, called ThinkRider or Think Rider.
They sell the TPU more cheap than Cyclami or even RideNow, maybe as introduction price, something about 5 Euro.
And the ventil seems to be exchangeable.
Who tries or got already experience ?!

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Only 300km done on ridenow tubes, 21 internal with P-zero race 28mm. Holding up great even on gravel paths.

Had Revoloop before and don't see these being any worse yet 7g lighter per tube.

Although cannot recall the Revoloop ever loosing air standing still (standby). Ridenow loose about 1 bar after a ride and the bike standing still for 4 days. Not critical, so if riding two days straight it is still fine. But if a couple of days passes the pump is required.

andy4g63

by andy4g63

Question for all the people that contributed in this thread:

I watched a video review of ridinow tpu tubes on YT from a channel called OZ cycle...

There were a few comments:
TPU tubes get as wide as the tore they are installed into for example 70x32.

They don't shrink back to let's say 28 or 25 mm tires.

Is that the case???

Also the lighter version 24 gr. is physically narrower than the regular 36 gr. And they are not recommended to use in a bigger tires.

Is that what you guys experienced?

LMK, THANKS 👍

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Correct. If you put them in a 32, they will stretch and not be suitable for a smaller tyre size.
Obviously if you have them in a 25 you can use them in a bigger size.

The super light tubes are in my 28 gp5000s but I haven't tried them in anything larger.
Last edited by Steve Curtis on Thu May 04, 2023 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

greycat

by greycat

There is an even lighten 19g tube from ride now. It has a ton of warnings⚠️

Disc only

Edited
I went to listing for these tubes. I read the warnings again. Max tire of 72psi for hookless rims when used with a compatible tire. Ridenow standard warnings about pressure and inflation with hand pump (no compressors).

these are crazy light ans I guess they are really thin. So some tires may not be that great for these against punctures.

On a different note I had a puncture with my 36g tubes last week. It slowly leaked flat over 2 miles so I got where I was going then changed tubes. Was surprised cause when I would get flats with latex I'd alway hear a big bang and instant flat.

user83843

by user83843

I ride 10-14k miles annually, 80% road. Have been using vittoria latex with gp5000s. Very fast setup. Get about 1 flat per year.

When prices come down on TPU, I may try but rolling resistance and durability is far more important to me than saving even 50g per tube.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

user83843 wrote:I ride 10-14k miles annually, 80% road. Have been using vittoria latex with gp5000s. Very fast setup. Get about 1 flat per year.

When prices come down on TPU, I may try but rolling resistance and durability is far more important to me than saving even 50g per tube.
With you on this. I do carry 2 of these ultra light ones for roadside repair. Do not want to even try them full time as I love the feel of latex. Haven't had to use one yet but am pretty curious.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

iamoutside

by iamoutside

What is the difference between the 36 gram and 24 gram RideNow tubes. Where are the weight savings coming from? Plastic valve vs metal or thinner tube material?

hannawald

by hannawald

iamoutside wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 2:36 pm
What is the difference between the 36 gram and 24 gram RideNow tubes. Where are the weight savings coming from? Plastic valve vs metal or thinner tube material?
I would like to know this as well. I believe there is some difference in the tube material as well because 36g version is rated to 32C max tire while 24g "only" for 28C. I have decided not to risk and order 36g (light enough) because my 28C tires are something like 31mm real width. And I might buy 30C tires next time.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Same material, just less of it.
The diameter of the cross section of the tube has been reduced.

o instead of O

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com