33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
jlok

by jlok

lukaszzsch wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:54 am
wilwil wrote:
Hazzer19 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:43 am
After receiving my last order of a gravel RideNow tube and patch kit, I attempted to path a few tires, two were RideNow and one Tubolito. I expected the RideNow ones to work and maybe the Tubolito. No luck with either. I followed the instruction provided in the patch kit and all 3 were leaking air after following all the steps and waiting the correct amount of time.

The patches, which seems to be just cut up pieces of RideNow tubes seem to curl up then they come into contact with the adhesic therefore making it hard to create a seal, even when pressing down with your thumbs. Pretty dissapointed as I would like to get more life out of these tubes...

Please let me know if you have suggestions!
Same problem. I would say they are not repairable at least not safely. Not sure why they sell these repair kits.
I have patched my tubolitos at least 10 times and never experienced any fault. TPU tubes can be easily repaired but most likely ridenow kit is poor itself. Buy cheap tubolito patch kit and use it.

P.s. two weeks ago I was forced to follow instructions very precisely and had to use patched tube 30 minutes after gluing without any problems.
For the Tubolito new patch kit, do you liberally apply the glue or just enough amount?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lukaszzsch

by lukaszzsch

There’s no difference in results as far as edged of the patches are fully covered by glue. Most of my repairs were “dirty” ones with glue visible around the patch itself but simultaneously no fault at all. Regarding my experiences I can’t imagine how it can be done wrongly…

wilwil

by wilwil

Is the glue in the Turbolito patch kit rubber cement like the Ride Now glue?

jlok

by jlok

The tubolito patch kit glue is a tube of Camplast.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Just got some ridenow tubes with the intention of installing a valveextender so the pump is on metal not the plastic to hopefully prevent the valve cracking I have heard of. I cannot get the valve core out it appears glued in - has anyone successfully removed and extended these?
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C36

by C36

NiFTY wrote:Just got some ridenow tubes with the intention of installing a valveextender so the pump is on metal not the plastic to hopefully prevent the valve cracking I have heard of. I cannot get the valve core out it appears glued in - has anyone successfully removed and extended these?
Use extenders for non removable valves. Mavic and zipp have. The Mavic even allow you to tighten / I tighten the valve after inflation in case the valve is inside the rim.

Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

C36 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:45 am
NiFTY wrote:Just got some ridenow tubes with the intention of installing a valveextender so the pump is on metal not the plastic to hopefully prevent the valve cracking I have heard of. I cannot get the valve core out it appears glued in - has anyone successfully removed and extended these?
Use extenders for non removable valves. Mavic and zipp have. The Mavic even allow you to tighten / I tighten the valve after inflation in case the valve is inside the rim.
Wow how the mavic one can do that? Could you gimme some more info? I searched about it and found nothing.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Pyotrump wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:27 am
C36 wrote:
Wow how the mavic one can do that? Could you gimme some more info? I searched about it and found nothing.
Topeak have a similar valve extender https://www.topeak.com/global/en/produ ... XTENDER-XL
Iv'e used these in the past and they work well. Turn the silver knob and it opens/closes the valve.

C36

by C36

Pyotrump wrote:
C36 wrote:
Basically once you are done inflating, you flip the extension, the head is machined to fit on the little screw that tighten the valve.
I run 45mm valve on 50mm rim, the valve doesn’t protrude.

This is the model

https://m.sergedutouron.com/prolongateu ... a3285.html

Magnetize6932

by Magnetize6932

BRR has updated their TPU data with RideNow, Vittoria, Pirelli, Eclipse, and Barbieri : https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... nner-tubes

Latex is still king, and RideNow is the fourth fastest TPU. Differences between the top few TPU otions are pretty small, so RideNow remains by far the best value.

Hazzer19

by Hazzer19

knightskid wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:33 pm
Currently have this tubes from Cyclami, not sure anyone ordered to try it out?

So far only have 2 stores(BikeGPS and bikego) have this tubes.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOQoR36
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrrpJDm
How have the Cyclami tubes been? They seem to sell for even less than RideNow https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... N5KxR12IdV

knightskid

by knightskid

Hazzer19 wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:05 pm
knightskid wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:33 pm
Currently have this tubes from Cyclami, not sure anyone ordered to try it out?

So far only have 2 stores(BikeGPS and bikego) have this tubes.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOQoR36
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrrpJDm
How have the Cyclami tubes been? They seem to sell for even less than RideNow https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... N5KxR12IdV
Haven't install yet. It feel much thicker, of course from photo can seen clearly too.
Attachments
IMG20221110171518.jpg
IMG20221110171511.jpg
IMG_20221110_171423.jpg
IMG20221110171317.jpg
IMG20221110171001.jpg
IMG20221110170804.jpg

MilesG813

by MilesG813

I have had good experience with Ridenow TPUs. However my review is more mixed with Vittoria Ultralite TPUs. My rear tire has a Vittoria TPU in it that has been rock solid (28c GP 5000) however I have had less success up front (25c GP 5000). I got pinch flats the first rides with two different Vittoria TPUs bought from two different shops. However never with a butnyl replacement or with the Ridenows. I don't know if I just had terrible luck twice in a row or something about the thickness of the 25c GP 5000 versus the 28c led to the flat (but somehow no flats with any other tube). I am 78kg and I was running 77psi up front and 70 in the back. The GP 5000 are the regular clinchers not STR.
2022 Specialized S-Works SL7 I Ultegra R8170 I Princeton Carbonworks 6560
2012 Cannondale CAAD 10 I 105 R5700 I Zipp 404s

usr

by usr

NiFTY wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:15 am
Just got some ridenow tubes with the intention of installing a valveextender so the pump is on metal not the plastic to hopefully prevent the valve cracking I have heard of. I cannot get the valve core out it appears glued in - has anyone successfully removed and extended these?
If that's the only reason to use extenders do without: getting an extender sufficiently tight is far more stress on the core/stem interface than the pump. Even if it's a screw-on pump, because then you'll want the extender even tighter on the stem you make sure that unscrewing the pump does not accidentally unscrew the extender. Extenders aren't a solution, they can be part of the problem. Even if they are of the unremovable valve type (I actually happen to like those), where "valve suddenly hangs on to the extender tighter than to the stem" is a particularly nasty error mode.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kilo

by kilo

feedback of Ridenow tubes with carbon rims?
it seems that CYCLami tubes are more suitable for carbon rim brakes