New Cervelo Soloist Spotted...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CaliforniaRoll

by CaliforniaRoll

spib wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:17 pm
Okay, I heard back from FSA and cervelo about a couple things.

Cervelo on whether the 14mm spacer is included in the stack measurement:
Neither bearing cap is included in the calculation of the stack height -- that top of the measurement is the top center of the head-tube.
Cervelo on using ACR internal routing:
Hi again Spencer, unfortunately I really can't comment on Visions products, but you're right, you would need everything to be compatible with the 1-1/4" upper bearing on the Soloist.

With that said, if you are interested in converting your Soloist to internal cable routing, you can do that with a set of our bearing caps and spacers along with a new stem that are all designed for internal cable routing.

If you go to a certified Cervelo dealer, you can reference these parts that you'd need for the conversion:
BC-ST32 (Internal routing bearing top cap)
SK-032 (Internal routing spacers)
ST31/32 Stem (ST31[carbon], ST32[alloy]; stems for D-shaped steerer for internal routing)

Using those parts above you can achieve internally routed cabling with your Soloist, but this wouldn't be an integrated stem/bar set-up.
FSA on internal routing on the soloist:
Thanks for contacting us! The first step would be to purchase one of our ACR headsets. You can use this tool to find ACR headsets compatible with the frame:

https://www.fsaeasyheadset.com/

Atop the headset you’ll need an ACR cone spacer like this one:

https://www.fsaproshop.com/products/acr-cervelo-spacer

but for the Soloist model. Those are in production now and we should see them in the next few months.
So that means that the jumbo bikes are either using some kind of 3D printed or pre production option. I'm still curious as to whether the 1.5" spacer would work just as well, but definitely interested in a 3D printed version too. Just looking at the headset diagram it doesn't seem like you would need to change the headset itself out to run ACR.

Hope this helps someone!
To add onto this, FSA has an acr cone spacer for the R5 which should fit the Soloist. Haven't had any luck finding it in stock however.

https://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/type ... o-r5-h2648

Benevenstanciano

by Benevenstanciano

I think i saw this somewhere on this forum a while ago, but is this similar to what you're after?
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568042 ... _shipto=US

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coldmirow

by coldmirow

Hi,
I want to mount an integrated Vision metron Bar-stem-combo on my bike.

Does this spacer work with the soloist:

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/en/acr-c ... er-cervelo#

Cheers
Benedikt

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Can you use the one from the Caledonia 5 ?

jch3n

by jch3n

coldmirow wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:27 pm
Hi,
I want to mount an integrated Vision metron Bar-stem-combo on my bike.

Does this spacer work with the soloist:

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/en/acr-c ... er-cervelo#
No. You need the one linked earlier for R5/Soloist/Aspero 5 which all use a round 52mm headset cover: https://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/type ... o-r5-h2648

CaliforniaRoll

by CaliforniaRoll

Benevenstanciano wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:49 am
I think i saw this somewhere on this forum a while ago, but is this similar to what you're after?
I tried this, the spacer labeled B was the same diameter as the BC ST32 spacer from Cervelo so I was hoping that it would work, and it does fit but it leaves a gap. Attaching a pic for reference. I was able to source the FSA R5 spacer from a shop so will be swapping to that.

Edit: So installing the FSA spacer, it contacts the frame too much and will damage the clear coat at the least. Viewed the installation video of Wout Van Aert's soloist and it looks like they solved this by adding a slim spacer to prevent this. Just something my shop ran into while trying to use the FSA spacer. If you're ok with the gap use the spacers from aliexpress, if you are planning on using the FSA R5 spacer you will need a slim shim to prevent damage to the clear coat and possibly the frame.

Edit2: Emailed Cervelo about the issue (who have been great and responsive to my inquiries) and they looked into why the spacer would not fit the Soloist when it fits the R5. Turns out the soloist uses a different split ring (to allow for manual shifting) than the R5. Attaching pictures of the Soloist (SR-STA) and R5(SR-312) split rings for reference. They think the R5 split ring being fully enclosed will prevent the spacer from contacting the frame. Unfortunately the shop shaved down and polished the areas of the spacer that were rubbing against the frame instead of trying to find a shim, so I won't be able to test if this would work unless I get a new spacer to try.

Edit3: Attaching pic of my Soloist with the FSA R5 spacer. Less gap than the AliExpress one. Pretty happy with the results, won't be trying to test anything else until I want to remove a spacer or two.
Attachments
spacergap.jpeg
SR-STA.png
SR-STA.png (4.58 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
SR-312.png
SR-312.png (5.61 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
fsaspacer.jpeg
Last edited by CaliforniaRoll on Thu May 11, 2023 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Benevenstanciano

by Benevenstanciano

CaliforniaRoll wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:32 pm
Benevenstanciano wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:49 am
I tried this, the spacer labeled B was the same diameter as the BC ST32 spacer from Cervelo so I was hoping that it would work, and it does fit but it leaves a gap. Attaching a pic for reference. I was able to source the FSA R5 spacer from a shop so will be swapping to that.

Edit: So installing the FSA spacer, it contacts the frame too much and will damage the clear coat at the least. Viewed the installation video of Wout Van Aert's soloist and it looks like they solved this by adding a slim spacer to prevent this. Just something my shop ran into while trying to use the FSA spacer. If you're ok with the gap use the spacers from aliexpress, if you are planning on using the FSA R5 spacer you will need a slim shim to prevent damage to the clear coat and possibly the frame.
Ahhh awesome, so much great/helpful info, thanks so much!

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Been meaning to share, you know, weight info.

2023 Soloist, 54cm
SRAM Force build (not the newest Force, but the early 2023 Force)
Sparkleblack paint

Stock build aside from
Zipp SL-70 Aero bar, 30cm
Zipp Service Course SL stem, 12cm
Specialized Power Pro with Mirror
QuickView Integrated mount for SL Sprint Stem
Zipp SL cages
Shimano Dura-Ace pedals

Weight: 8.28kg

--

Changing to
Zipp 303 Firecrest
Red cassette (same size as Force cassette on stock wheels)
Pirelli PZero Race TLR, 28mm (could have gone 30mm), set up tubeless
Probably too much sealant but I'm paranoid

Weight: 7.9kg

Cheers!

by Cheers!

We need some pics!

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

With an interim stem and chimney (need to shoot it in its final form)

Attachments
Cervelo Soloist 2023 sm.png

cheapvega

by cheapvega

Looks good. Interesting that the 54 looks a little small.

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Well, I AM a little small.

I'll try to get a better shot. Realized when I uploaded it that the color balance isn't good so we're missing a lot of the detail in the darker sections. And the sparkle is so hard to capture on film.

Cheers!

by Cheers!

it is whatever fit looks fine. Any chance to see how you routed the cables with the zipp stem?

skinnybex

by skinnybex

IMG_0612.jpeg
I have a few variations of my Soloist depending on what wheels and chainset I wanna run. Weight ranges from 7.22kg to 7.78kg. My new setup is with Farsports wave 60's - laced to Carbon-Ti hubs - Galfer wave rotors and Corsa Pro 28mm tires. This should be a fast setup indeed.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

7.75kg size 54 with full invisiframe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓