New Cervelo Soloist Spotted...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

impotentloki

by impotentloki

byunbee wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:17 pm
impotentloki wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:07 pm
Slapped a new one piece EXS bar on and it feels like a NBD 8)
74ffddcc-c879-434e-801f-bf0bdaea6673.jpg
Hi,

What headset cover and spacers did you use and where can I buy it?
Headset cover and spacers provided by EXS as I got the handlebars from them.

https://exs-cycling.com/products/aerove ... -handlebar

hpsims

by hpsims

impotentloki wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:09 am
byunbee wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:17 pm
impotentloki wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:07 pm
Slapped a new one piece EXS bar on and it feels like a NBD 8)
74ffddcc-c879-434e-801f-bf0bdaea6673.jpg
Hi,

What headset cover and spacers did you use and where can I buy it?
Headset cover and spacers provided by EXS as I got the handlebars from them.

https://exs-cycling.com/products/aerove ... -handlebar
Are these bars and spacers compatible with mechanical as well?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lukacervelo

by lukacervelo

For all those wondering (or those that have done custom solutions). You can fit a Campy mechanical groupset (or any groupset that requires a built in cable stop for the front derailleur) by using Cervelo part number BBG-0E0, which they use on other bikes as a bottom bracket cable stop. Works perfectly! Props to Jeff from Cervelo for suggesting I try that solution when I contacted them about it.
IMG_1951.jpeg
IMG_1952.jpeg
IMG_1953.jpeg

theOrtherion

by theOrtherion

Dentaltechbiker wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:50 pm
Finished my build, weight came in at 6.98kg with pedals, cages, and quad lock phone case (dont use a cycle computer) Built it up with a full dura ace r9170 groupset(except ultegra r8000 crankset), elite drive 50D wheels, ride now 19g TPU tubes, Ryet Carbon Saddle, Vision Metron 40cm Aero Bars (225 grams) and Deda Superleggera stem 100mm -8 degrees (105 grams) I was originally heavily considering an EXS cockpit or Avian Falcan Cockpit, but really happy with this 330gram bar/stem combo. I think it looks great and was pleasantly surprised to see the stem matches the bars perfectly. while the cables are not completely hidden they are very very tidy and not really noticeable , the semi integrated setup is really nice for dialing in the fit and i plan to progressively make my position lower/longer stem over time.

Took her out for the first spin, long zone 2 ride. My legs were dead and barely put out any watts but i could feel the aero gains over my sl6 with round bars right away. The bike rides so smooth at speed and handles like a dream. It is so solid and predictable, yet the front end can feels extremely light and can maneuver anywhere you want to in a millisecond. also riding with no hands is like a dream, I cant stress enough how predictable the handling is yet so sharp and quick at the same time. The vision metro bars have a really nice shape in the drops too. slight 10cm flare but also are squared off and feel good in the hand, getting down in the drops feels a lot quicker than my sl6 did in the drops. I was doing 20mph on a flat route for a while at a steady zone 2 effort that ususally is about 18.5mph on the sl6. also, man oh man is dura ace r9170 good. the shifting is not only super fast and super crisp but clicking a button rather than pulling a lever is such a faster short action. especially on little to big ring FD shifts which are instantaneous on Dura ace. the Hoods are also way smaller and feel 10x better in the hands. they feel like a rim brake bike shifters would feel. never realized how bulky and bulbous the r7000 hydraulic shifters were until now

here are some pics, next things i want to add are powermeter/lightweight crankset, CRW wheels, and Id love for someone to make a lighter seatpost with a more simple design. the seat clamp is a bit annoying to fiddle with changing seat angle since the angle isnt really fully set until the rear bolt is torqued to proper spec of 7nm. means i need to bust out the torque wrench for every adjustment to make sure its a fair comparison before and after
A bit off topic but how do you like those 50D wheels? Are they wind sensitive? Do they behave well with the the soloist?

Nooks

by Nooks

Hey guys!
I read all the pages but I still have some questions which I hope you can help me with.
Eventhough the Cervelo is pretty expensive in Europe, I found some framesets which are.. well.. at acceptable price point. So I'm leaning towards building the bike from scratch.

The first question is pretty simple – does the frameset come with headset? Or do I have to buy one?

The other is more complicated. Or atleast in my head. I don't like the look of the headset cover/spacers and the weight of the Cervelo stem. Someone was asking if it is possible to mount SL7 stem and I guess the answer was probably not? The hoses could be damaged or smthing?
I am thinking about two options for cockpit – one is alu stem (can you recommene a light one please?) with enve aero ses handlebar. And the second option is integrated cockpit. At first I thought of Avian Falcon, then I saw a picture on facebook of Soloist with Roval Rapide cockpit with neat 3d printed spacers and headset cover and also here at I saw the Black Inc cockpit which also looks pretty nice! And also with neat spacers. Do you know someone in Europe who can make spacers for different cockpits? I guess The Sticky Bottle are from States? I tried to contact MagCad.

TL,DR: wanna build from frameset, need help with cockpit/stem to achieve cleanest look as possible.

Cheers!

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Nooks wrote:Hey guys!
I read all the pages but I still have some questions which I hope you can help me with.
Eventhough the Cervelo is pretty expensive in Europe, I found some framesets which are.. well.. at acceptable price point. So I'm leaning towards building the bike from scratch.

The first question is pretty simple – does the frameset come with headset? Or do I have to buy one?

The other is more complicated. Or atleast in my head. I don't like the look of the headset cover/spacers and the weight of the Cervelo stem. Someone was asking if it is possible to mount SL7 stem and I guess the answer was probably not? The hoses could be damaged or smthing?
I am thinking about two options for cockpit – one is alu stem (can you recommene a light one please?) with enve aero ses handlebar. And the second option is integrated cockpit. At first I thought of Avian Falcon, then I saw a picture on facebook of Soloist with Roval Rapide cockpit with neat 3d printed spacers and headset cover and also here at I saw the Black Inc cockpit which also looks pretty nice! And also with neat spacers. Do you know someone in Europe who can make spacers for different cockpits? I guess The Sticky Bottle are from States? I tried to contact MagCad.

TL,DR: wanna build from frameset, need help with cockpit/stem to achieve cleanest look as possible.

Cheers!
A Sl7 stem will not fit if you are looking to pass the cables through the stem, otherwise it will work with the cables going under just like on the sl7 with the standard spacer configuration.

You can buy the r5 spacers and use an r5 stem with most carbon bars, however the r5 stem is also heavy. This option cables are fully hidden between fork and stem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

I've a full Zipp setup (internal through bars, exposed a bit under the stem) that's stiff, a lot lighter, and enough of a pain to set up that I let the sponsor shop do it... :wink:

Nooks

by Nooks

BadBoyR wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:04 pm

Cheers!
A Sl7 stem will not fit if you are looking to pass the cables through the stem, otherwise it will work with the cables going under just like on the sl7 with the standard spacer configuration.

You can buy the r5 spacers and use an r5 stem with most carbon bars, however the r5 stem is also heavy. This option cables are fully hidden between fork and stem.

I think I'm ok with cables under the stem. SL7 one should look pretty neat I guess. Depends on the detail of standard soloist spacers with different stem than cervelo one. Would love to see a build photo to be sure, but couldnt find any :cry:
R5 stem is not cheap and sadly not lightweight. For that kind of money, I would be thinking about enve aero stem + enve aero bar, but this combination is more expensive (in Europe) than an aero cockpit by Roval, Black Inc, Vision.. etc

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Nooks wrote:
BadBoyR wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:04 pm

Cheers!

I think I'm ok with cables under the stem. SL7 one should look pretty neat I guess. Depends on the detail of standard soloist spacers with different stem than cervelo one. Would love to see a build photo to be sure, but couldnt find any :cry:
R5 stem is not cheap and sadly not lightweight. For that kind of money, I would be thinking about enve aero stem + enve aero bar, but this combination is more expensive (in Europe) than an aero cockpit by Roval, Black Inc, Vision.. etc
I changed mine to avian, there are pics on this thread

Nooks

by Nooks

Spaetzle wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:34 pm
Mine (the golden one in the background) is still waiting for the right cockpit (Black Inc with golden decals).

IMG_0833.jpegIMG_0831.jpeg
Very nice looking with the Black Inc cockpit! Who made those spacers? I spoke with Thestickybottle and they said that are options for most cockpits except Black inc..

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

Nooks wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:35 pm
Spaetzle wrote:
Mine (the golden one in the background) is still waiting for the right cockpit (Black Inc with golden decals).

Very nice looking with the Black Inc cockpit! Who made those spacers? I spoke with Thestickybottle and they said that are options for most cockpits except Black inc..

I don't know and my LBS doesn't want to tell me. They just told me that they had to change sth on the Topcap + Spacer to make it fit.

wwnero

by wwnero

Spaetzle wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:19 pm
Nooks wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:35 pm
Spaetzle wrote:

I don't know and my LBS doesn't want to tell me. They just told me that they had to change sth on the Topcap + Spacer to make it fit.
If it's from your LBS, I doubt they did anything special unless they specialized in 3d printing. It sort of looks like the R5 top cap and spacer so maybe it is that?

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

They said that they had to manipulate them. So maybe they had to cut or grind Sth to make it fit