New Cervelo Soloist Spotted...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

inertianinja

by inertianinja

jch3n wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:56 pm
Finally finished my build. 56cm Alpenglow sitting at 7.35kg with a few choice WW parts, cages, Garmin mount, and heavy Assioma Duo-Shi pedals.

soloist.jpg
Nice!

Could you take a close-up of the paint in the logo? official photos seem to indicate it's metallic gold, but I've seen so few of these in real light!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jch3n

by jch3n

inertianinja wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:20 pm
Could you take a close-up of the paint in the logo? official photos seem to indicate it's metallic gold, but I've seen so few of these in real light!
It can look gold in certain light, but I'd probably characterize it more as dark bronze than gold. Kinda hard to capture in photos.
Attachments
P1030914.jpg
P1030917.jpg

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Thanks for those pics.

I think what I'd really love to do would be repainting one of these in the paint scheme of the old Soloist Team, like this:

https://store.bicycleczar.com/v/vspfile ... 1064-2.jpg

I would still own one of those 2007/2008 Team frames if the seat post didn't slip.

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

So, for those who have had the chance to ride a new Soloist: What would you say would be the ideal role for this bike? Where would it fit, would you say?

skinnybex

by skinnybex

twoangstroms wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:37 am
So, for those who have had the chance to ride a new Soloist: What would you say would be the ideal role for this bike? Where would it fit, would you say?
The bike is an all-arounder IMHO. Decent system weight, aero profile, stiffness-compliance-tire clearance, as well as being a solid value for the frame and better maintinece and cockpit choices. The Geometry is spot on for how I like my bike fit in my size....54. This is comparable to an SL7, Addict RC, Dogma F and so on all for a fraction of the cost. Having a threaded BB and also the ability to use standard Stem/Bar combos but with a clean semi internal cable routing is brilliant.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

coldmirow

by coldmirow

Hi guys,

Does someone use a Vision ACR stem on the new soloist?

I saw a pic of a Jumbo bike with a Vision stem and it looked super clean.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

coldmirow wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:08 am
Hi guys,

Does someone use a Vision ACR stem on the new soloist?

I saw a pic of a Jumbo bike with a Vision stem and it looked super clean.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
I can't see why it would be a problem. Any stem that gets the cables to the front of the steerer (inside or outside the stem) should work, and you shouldn't need any special spacer as the fist spacer is flush with the top tube.
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

teakay

by teakay

skinnybex wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:04 am
twoangstroms wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:37 am
The bike is an all-arounder IMHO. Decent system weight, aero profile, stiffness-compliance-tire clearance, as well as being a solid value for the frame and better maintinece and cockpit choices. The Geometry is spot on for how I like my bike fit in my size....54. This is comparable to an SL7, Addict RC, Dogma F and so on all for a fraction of the cost. Having a threaded BB and also the ability to use standard Stem/Bar combos but with a clean semi internal cable routing is brilliant.
It would be interesting how it compares aerowise to the 2023 Giant propel as that seems to be aimed in all rounder aero bike space - kind of where the original Scott Foil sat.

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

@diabeticcyclist just posted a lengthy review of the new Soloist on YouTube today. It's worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/Ne_WeMyfsL0

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

I hadn't heard of him before but wow, it seems like he's had some scary challenges in his life. Glad he has time and family.

teakay

by teakay

Given that it is easier to use different bars etc you would presume the gap aerowise would be closed by getting a more taylored fit than you can get with some of the highly integrated set-ups like the S5 with I think has 38's as the narrowest bar option. This is where the Soloist & New Propel could shine by being far cheaper & easier to dial in a good aero road position.

harblhat

by harblhat

Yes. The Cyclingtips review hints at this too, as Cervelo don't say what setups their bikes were using when comparing drag numbers. The Soloist comes with wide, semi aero bars as stock. I immediately replaced mine with 36cm aero bars.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

bananastand wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:40 pm
Could I use the R5 7mm spacer and an ST31 or similar stem to get a really nice, slammed, integrated front end on the Soloist? I hope so. That would be rad.
I was curious about this too and asked Cervelo support

they got back to me with this

do note that you won't be able to run a mechanical groupset with the R5 cockpit

dexvd

by dexvd

Has anyone seen any aero testing of the Soloist yet? Has Tour tested it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spib

by spib

Has anyone seen a soloist with a fully integrated bar and stem like the vision metron 5d or similar?