New Cervelo Soloist Spotted...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robbosmans

by robbosmans

You dont need cable stop’s on recent shimano mechanical groupsets

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sock3t

by Sock3t

Cheers! wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:28 am
after reading 17 pages of this thread, It seems that Campagnolo mechanical is not compatible?

Is this the final conclusion from the collective bike brain trust here on Weight Weenies?
Not compatible but there's lots of posts of people using a shimano front derailleur with a campy shifter.

Some also mentioned 3D printing a cable stop and epoxying it to the frame.

Cheers!

by Cheers!

Is the pull ratio for a Shimano 11spd front derailleur same as the campagnolo front derailleur?

Or any Shimano front derailleur? I know when they went from 7800-FD to 7900-FD the pull ratio changed.

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Had a quick weigh of a 51cm in the black glitter colorway. Stock wheels (heavy tires and tubes).

Customizations:

Zipp bottle cages
Zipp 12cm Service Course SL stem
Zipp Carbon SL-70 Aero bars
K-Edge mount
Shimano Dura-Ace pedals

8.2kg

Heavier than I'd hoped, but changing tires and going tubeless (or to latex tubes) should drop it to under 8.

garbageman

by garbageman

twoangstroms wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:35 pm
Had a quick weigh of a 51cm in the black glitter colorway. Stock wheels (heavy tires and tubes).
Which model/groupset?

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Ah, sorry! Force. My first electronic group (and yesterday, realized that one must occasionally charge the front battery, too).

skinnybex

by skinnybex

twoangstroms wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:25 pm
Ah, sorry! Force. My first electronic group (and yesterday, realized that one must occasionally charge the front battery, too).
Download the Sram AXS App and pair your groupset as well as update everything and it will show you battery levels. The shifters will usuall last 1 year depending on how much you ride but use a cr2032 battery and when that dies it's game over.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Thanks for the tip! I updated the firmware as soon as I got it (because I saw someone else run into that particular issue). I meant the front deraileur battery; I was a bit paranoid about the rear one, but forgot to charge the front hah.

skinnybex

by skinnybex

twoangstroms wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:27 pm
Thanks for the tip! I updated the firmware as soon as I got it (because I saw someone else run into that particular issue). I meant the front deraileur battery; I was a bit paranoid about the rear one, but forgot to charge the front hah.
Understood. I find I get about 500-600 miles of shifting out of my rear derailuer battery before it needs to be recharged so I assume the front battery should be about 1,400-1,500 miles since its shifted generally lees. The batterys straight out of the packagaing usually have 25-50% charge but I've also had one with less
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

Nickldn

by Nickldn

skinnybex wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:45 pm
I find I get about 500-600 miles of shifting out of my rear derailuer battery before it needs to be recharged so I assume the front battery should be about 1,400-1,500 miles since its shifted generally lees.
Don't forget the FD needs much more power for each shift than the RD, so battery life is never as good as you would hope. One advantage of SRAM is that if the RD battery runs out you can always swap in the FD battery to get home (unless you live in the Alps).
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Well, maybe if you live at the bottom on the Alps and are already at the top! (Off-topic: Have had a rear deraileur cable snap right off during a training ride in L.A.; I had to explain to everyone I encountered on the climbs back home yes, I know a cadence of 40 isn't optimal, I am aware the 11 isn't the best cog for going over Topanga... .)

Seamanatorr

by Seamanatorr

Quick question, I want a new bike. Currently trying to decide between a soloist or Tarmac SL7. Most of my riding is solo or pulling up front, if it makes a difference. Obviously Soloist is cheaper and plays into consideration.
S-Works SL7 RTP

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Seamanatorr wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:31 am
Quick question, I want a new bike. Currently trying to decide between a soloist or Tarmac SL7. Most of my riding is solo or pulling up front, if it makes a difference. Obviously Soloist is cheaper and plays into consideration.
I was just riding with a friend, me on my Soloist, him on his SL7. Note that the geometries are slightly different (seat angle, for example), and the value proposition of accessories may also differ for you. The stock stem/handlebar on the Soloist aren't great, but the wheels are quite good. Don't think the bike would be the major factor in aero for you as much as how you fit on it.

As always, if you can ride both, and see which makes you smile more, that could be your answer! I'm finding the Soloist is definitely living up to its test ride promise.

Seamanatorr

by Seamanatorr

twoangstroms wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:57 am
Seamanatorr wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:31 am
I was just riding with a friend, me on my Soloist, him on his SL7. Note that the geometries are slightly different (seat angle, for example), and the value proposition of accessories may also differ for you. The stock stem/handlebar on the Soloist aren't great, but the wheels are quite good. Don't think the bike would be the major factor in aero for you as much as how you fit on it.

As always, if you can ride both, and see which makes you smile more, that could be your answer! I'm finding the Soloist is definitely living up to its test ride promise.
Thanks, I I don't think there is a wrong answer. My Canyon Endurace is a bit relaxed for me right now and I would like something more stretched. Looking to upgrade from mech 105 to Di2 for some future proofing.
S-Works SL7 RTP

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cheers!

by Cheers!

As a follow up, I contacted Cervelo, and asked their support email exactly how do you setup a 2023 Soloist frame with Campagnolo mechanical. They told me this part for $10 is needed.

https://shop.cervelo.com/products/bb-ca ... -cover-0e0