New Cervelo Soloist Spotted...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Congrats on the double! My team had training camp very near Solvang one year -- great riding.

Yes, if there's a specced weak link for the bike, it's the stock handlebar and tape. Still need to replace that, but am not qualified to deal with brake hose routing myself.

Will have photos (with stock bars and one of the tallest chimneys) soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spib

by spib

Just pulled the trigger on an ultegra group to build up a soloist. I'm about to buy the frame itself, but I am planning to run a vision metron 5d acr. Has anyone yet figured out what acr headset components I need to fully integrate the cables? After watching the jumbo visma build video it looks like I might just need the acr top cap but want to be sure. I have also sent FSA an email so we will see.

spib

by spib

Okay, I heard back from FSA and cervelo about a couple things.

Cervelo on whether the 14mm spacer is included in the stack measurement:
Neither bearing cap is included in the calculation of the stack height -- that top of the measurement is the top center of the head-tube.
Cervelo on using ACR internal routing:
Hi again Spencer, unfortunately I really can't comment on Visions products, but you're right, you would need everything to be compatible with the 1-1/4" upper bearing on the Soloist.

With that said, if you are interested in converting your Soloist to internal cable routing, you can do that with a set of our bearing caps and spacers along with a new stem that are all designed for internal cable routing.

If you go to a certified Cervelo dealer, you can reference these parts that you'd need for the conversion:
BC-ST32 (Internal routing bearing top cap)
SK-032 (Internal routing spacers)
ST31/32 Stem (ST31[carbon], ST32[alloy]; stems for D-shaped steerer for internal routing)

Using those parts above you can achieve internally routed cabling with your Soloist, but this wouldn't be an integrated stem/bar set-up.
FSA on internal routing on the soloist:
Thanks for contacting us! The first step would be to purchase one of our ACR headsets. You can use this tool to find ACR headsets compatible with the frame:

https://www.fsaeasyheadset.com/

Atop the headset you’ll need an ACR cone spacer like this one:

https://www.fsaproshop.com/products/acr-cervelo-spacer

but for the Soloist model. Those are in production now and we should see them in the next few months.
So that means that the jumbo bikes are either using some kind of 3D printed or pre production option. I'm still curious as to whether the 1.5" spacer would work just as well, but definitely interested in a 3D printed version too. Just looking at the headset diagram it doesn't seem like you would need to change the headset itself out to run ACR.

Hope this helps someone!

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

spib wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:17 pm
Okay, I heard back from FSA and cervelo about a couple things.

Cervelo on whether the 14mm spacer is included in the stack measurement:
Neither bearing cap is included in the calculation of the stack height -- that top of the measurement is the top center of the head-tube.
Cervelo on using ACR internal routing:
Hi again Spencer, unfortunately I really can't comment on Visions products, but you're right, you would need everything to be compatible with the 1-1/4" upper bearing on the Soloist.

With that said, if you are interested in converting your Soloist to internal cable routing, you can do that with a set of our bearing caps and spacers along with a new stem that are all designed for internal cable routing.

If you go to a certified Cervelo dealer, you can reference these parts that you'd need for the conversion:
BC-ST32 (Internal routing bearing top cap)
SK-032 (Internal routing spacers)
ST31/32 Stem (ST31[carbon], ST32[alloy]; stems for D-shaped steerer for internal routing)

Using those parts above you can achieve internally routed cabling with your Soloist, but this wouldn't be an integrated stem/bar set-up.
FSA on internal routing on the soloist:
Thanks for contacting us! The first step would be to purchase one of our ACR headsets. You can use this tool to find ACR headsets compatible with the frame:

https://www.fsaeasyheadset.com/

Atop the headset you’ll need an ACR cone spacer like this one:

https://www.fsaproshop.com/products/acr-cervelo-spacer

but for the Soloist model. Those are in production now and we should see them in the next few months.
So that means that the jumbo bikes are either using some kind of 3D printed or pre production option. I'm still curious as to whether the 1.5" spacer would work just as well, but definitely interested in a 3D printed version too. Just looking at the headset diagram it doesn't seem like you would need to change the headset itself out to run ACR.

Hope this helps someone!
Good info, but what if you wanted to use an FSA ACR or Deda DCR stem?

Stendhal

by Stendhal

spib wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:49 am
Just pulled the trigger on an ultegra group to build up a soloist. I'm about to buy the frame itself, but I am planning to run a vision metron 5d acr. Has anyone yet figured out what acr headset components I need to fully integrate the cables? After watching the jumbo visma build video it looks like I might just need the acr top cap but want to be sure. I have also sent FSA an email so we will see.
I just bought the same barstem to fit on the new Cannondale SuperSix Evo. I plan to visit the bike shop soon, perhaps Sunday, for pre-build engineering analysis on how to fit it onto the bike to fully integrate the cables. I don't know if the info will travel to the Cervelo (although the shop carrie's both brands) but anything I find out I'll pass it on. Note that the support pages on the Vision website link to a PDF installation page that has a cable routing diagram. I also bought 5 ACR spacers just in case.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Is gold dust the heaviest paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Alpenglow or gold dust?

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Anyone know what length di2 wires are required for 12 speed?

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Looking live at the gold dust and the black, my naive guess is that the depth and amount of paint on both of those is about the same? Haven't seen an alpenglow, but DiabeticCycling has one (can't remember if he weighed the frame).

teakay

by teakay

TLN wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:51 am
So at least you can swap that lazy cockpit with something integrated? Should come with one TBH
Why? Cost more and the odds both stem length & bar width will suit the buyer are slim so will need to be replaced anyway.

jsigone

by jsigone

BadBoyR wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:06 am

IMO they added flake to all colors otherwise it would be the close to same weight as the R5 at double the price. All colors looks great and shimmer nice.

inertianinja

by inertianinja

jsigone wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:07 am
BadBoyR wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:06 am

IMO they added flake to all colors otherwise it would be the close to same weight as the R5 at double the price. All colors looks great and shimmer nice.

possibly interesting, in the comments on this Instagram post, cervelo seems to hint that there could be a "5" version of the soloist with the 5-black paint:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqVyU2iMsEV ... RjYmRlZg==

Or at least that's my read on it :)

Cheers!

by Cheers!

after reading 17 pages of this thread, It seems that Campagnolo mechanical is not compatible?

Is this the final conclusion from the collective bike brain trust here on Weight Weenies?

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Cheers! wrote:after reading 17 pages of this thread, It seems that Campagnolo mechanical is not compatible?

Is this the final conclusion from the collective bike brain trust here on Weight Weenies?
Frame accepts mechanical

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cheers!

by Cheers!

BadBoyR wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:30 am

Frame accepts mechanical

So the 2023 soloist frame does indeed have a shifter housing stops?