New Cervelo Soloist Spotted...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

skinnybex

by skinnybex

spib wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:27 pm
Has anyone seen a soloist with a fully integrated bar and stem like the vision metron 5d or similar?
Yes, On YT search Diabetic Cyclist and look at his Soloist build with the Vision metron integrated.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Currid

by Currid

Up on other threads but WVA's Soloist build for Paris Roubaix here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmQ2X9wh6bs

harblhat

by harblhat

Also shows good compatibility with ACR headset

forklifter

by forklifter

Can someone say something about the seatpost? Nothing to be found yet.
Is there a zero offset option?

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

They are using SRAM this year?
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Martin.dk wrote:They are using SRAM this year?
Where u living under a rock?

harblhat

by harblhat

forklifter wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:28 pm
What do you want to know? Yes, there are zero setback and 15mm setback options. The smaller sizes come stock with zero setback while the larger ones come with the 15mm. My dealer was able to swap between them at no charge.

forklifter

by forklifter

harblhat wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:31 pm
forklifter wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:28 pm
What do you want to know? Yes, there are zero setback and 15mm setback options. The smaller sizes come stock with zero setback while the larger ones come with the 15mm. My dealer was able to swap between them at no charge.
Thanks. Just asking, because I didnt found it anywhere.
You are very lucky your dealer did that. Mostly they charge it, and the handlebar change, and the stem change. This is awkward...

harblhat

by harblhat

I wouldn't use the stock stem and bars anyway. The stem is extremely heavy and the bars are heavy and don't come very narrow. The beauty of the bike is that you can use whatever stem and bars you want while keeping clean routing

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

robbosmans wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:18 pm
Martin.dk wrote:They are using SRAM this year?
Where u living under a rock?
No but I will admit, that I'm not religiously following pro teams in the off-season :noidea:
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Going to sit on (maybe a bit of a test ride) an R5 this week, mainly to test sizing in relation to two sizes of Soloist, as I'm kind of between a 51 and 54.

Anything, aside from the slight geo differences, that I should be aware of or keep an eye out for?

skinnybex

by skinnybex

twoangstroms wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:30 am
Going to sit on (maybe a bit of a test ride) an R5 this week, mainly to test sizing in relation to two sizes of Soloist, as I'm kind of between a 51 and 54.

Anything, aside from the slight geo differences, that I should be aware of or keep an eye out for?
The Geometry is exactly the same between the R5 and the Soloist with the exception of the stack which I believe is 6mm lower for the Soloist. The R5 will feel comfy the minute you start to pedal it because it is a very balanced bike assuming you don't expeience toe overlap in the desired size. You can either select a 51 with additional HT spacers or a 54 with a slammed stem so it depends on whether you want a sharper handling bike with a shorter wheelbase or a slightly more stable and neutral handling bike with the longer wheelbase but less toe overlap. The top tube distance will be close so your likely looking at a stem being 10mm either shorter or longer depending on which frame size you choose but standover will be fine on either frame. I'm usually about the smaller frame size if I'm between sizes since I like an aggresive front end handling character. I'm between 54/56 and always chhose 54.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Thanks! I should have added that I also want to check standover on the 54, as I'm longer proportioned in the torso; on the flip side, want to make sure I wouldn't need too many HT spacers or a rise stem with the 51 (to get a more aero arm position).

Mocs123

by Mocs123

The Soloist looks like a nice option, but all the paint colors look heavy. It would be nice to have a matte carbon or other lightweight paint. I wonder if they were trying to keep the frame weight up to not cannibalize the R5?

Also I'm curious as to why the Reserve wheels come with Zipp hubs? I thought Zipp hubs were just rebranded Novatec/Bitex/Formula hubs and I would have thought Reserve could have just had them rebranded to their brand if they wanted.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Currid

by Currid

Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced bottom bracket in the UK (ie not £280 for a ceramic speed). Frame arrival imminent.