New Cervelo Soloist Spotted...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sock3t

by Sock3t

The gold is stunning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jch3n

by jch3n

Kinda wishing I got some sort of RideWrap/Invisiframe now. Picked up my first rock chip which, of course, is glaringly obvious on Alpenglow frames...

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Oh no, sorry to hear! But the second one won't feel so bad.

I've been trying a ceramic cleaner application and it has made it the frame less likely to come home with water spray or dirt. Which, of course, helps keep the black sparkle sparkly.

Cheers!

by Cheers!

rock chips are just patina. Just wait till you lay the bike down at 30mph...

pinoyBalot

by pinoyBalot

Hello,

Anyone know where to order these parts online? Cervelo site is out of stock.
- BC-ST32 (Internal routing bearing top cap)
- SK-032 (Internal routing spacers)
I am planning to build a soloist with full internal cabling but I can't find these parts.

Thanks!

Bielas

by Bielas

pinoyBalot wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:14 am
Hello,

Anyone know where to order these parts online? Cervelo site is out of stock.
- BC-ST32 (Internal routing bearing top cap)
- SK-032 (Internal routing spacers)
I am planning to build a soloist with full internal cabling but I can't find these parts.

Thanks!
Look at www.bikesnbites.com , they have always lots of Cervelo spares, they might be able to help
:mrgreen:

evangreen

by evangreen

thepbx wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:41 pm
Hi all, I wanted to post some weight data on the Soloist because I hadn't been able to find it online -- especially in a giant person size. I used scales that I've calibrated at UPS and FedEx stores so should be accurate:
Frame (61 cm; gold:) 1175g frame w hardware; 1137g without any hardware
Fork: 385 g uncut: (each 1 cm cut off = 2 g)
seatpost: 227 g with hardware
My bike in total comes out to 8.1 kg. Its heavier than I expected based on published weights. It certainly could be made lighter too (at the cost of less aero.)
Its a very pretty bike
Is this the exs aerover cockpit?

Any more photos from other angles?

Was this easy to setup on the soloist?

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

Probably stupid question, but I'm running the stock stem on the Soloist. Want to bling up the bolts; anyone know what size they are? I could be less lazy and pull one out but I assume the hive mind knows!

pinoyBalot

by pinoyBalot

Anyone tried the One Pro integrated handlebar?
Attachments
kpyxaawn.png
kpyxaawn.png (428.03 KiB) Viewed 2411 times

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

pinoyBalot wrote:Anyone tried the One Pro integrated handlebar?
There was someone on the FB group that uses it. He used the spacers that came with it and it integrates well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steadyuk

by steadyuk

I've been running my Soloist for about 4 weeks now and on the last 2 rides the seat post has developed a very working creaking/cracking sound when road gets rough. I have followed installation instructions to the letter inc using paste and torquing the wedge bolt to 8nm but it's not fixed it. Anyone else had this issue and can advise a fix?

jch3n

by jch3n

steadyuk wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:40 pm
I've been running my Soloist for about 4 weeks now and on the last 2 rides the seat post has developed a very working creaking/cracking sound when road gets rough. I have followed installation instructions to the letter inc using paste and torquing the wedge bolt to 8nm but it's not fixed it. Anyone else had this issue and can advise a fix?
Did you grease all the parts of the wedge itself? I had some small creaks early on and realized I had glossed over the wedge greasing instructions.

steadyuk

by steadyuk

I have just spotted that in the manual!! I've stripped and greased it and so far no noise. Hopefully does the trick. Thanks for pointing out!

impotentloki

by impotentloki

Hi soloist owners, anyone happen to be using the Deda DCR Superbox stem, and can confirm that we have to buy the specific spacer adapter for Soloist separately, which comes with the aluminium insert as well?

I saw pictures online of people using the stock spacers that came with the DCR Superbox stem, but Deda themselves are saying the aluminium insert and special adapter is needed for this bike model, hence confused.

https://dedaelementi.com/superbox-dcr-bike-stem
Attachments
alu insert.PNG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jch3n

by jch3n

impotentloki wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:58 am
Hi soloist owners, anyone happen to be using the Deda DCR Superbox stem, and can confirm that we have to buy the specific spacer adapter for Soloist separately, which comes with the aluminium insert as well?

I saw pictures online of people using the stock spacers that came with the DCR Superbox stem, but Deda themselves are saying the aluminium insert and special adapter is needed for this bike model, hence confused.
The stock headset covers/spacers that come with the Superbox stem do not fit. They are not the right diameter. One is too large and the other is too small. So yes, you do need to acquire the specific adapter/cover.

I'm still not quite sure what the insert is for, considering Cervelo do not provide any such thing for the stock stem, but it's probably one of those better-safe-than-sorry things.