New bike released today: Chapter2 Koko

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stendhal

by Stendhal

No it's not named after George's alternative nickname at the Kruger company, but rather per Chapter2's naming convention for a Maori word, this one meaning to fly or soar.

It's a kammtail aero bike placed above the current Rere pure aerofoil bike, ostensibly heavier but I suspect lighter (my Rere is far above the quoted weight). I can't say it's 100% due to the frame, but the Rere is the favorite bike I've owned and so if Koko is better it must be great. Disc only (sorry!) with 32 tire clearance and full integration with the optional one pide barstem (I'll vouch for that product).

The Koko has a unique reversible seatpost clamp that supposedly can be set to stiff or relaxed comfort setting (it's described in the attached link). Is this new? It's pretty clever.

https://chapter2koko.com/koko-en.php
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

RDY

by RDY

I'm not sure another aerobike with a wildly seesawing seatpost is a great idea, after recent history. Also looks very odd to see an aerobike with such a spindly seatpost.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morrisond

by morrisond

Is it there own design or is it someone else's mold?

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Looks like an old S5 with the thick tube sections of a RaceMax. Not bad but looks a bit odd because of the seatpost.

Lina

by Lina

This looks like a much better take on aero bike comfort and seatpost flexing than what Canyon did. And they've got a gasket to begin with there. Overall it's a very interesting bike.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

morrisond wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:00 am
Is it there own design or is it someone else's mold?
Hi, unless they've been making it up for years, it's their own design (every bike has a "Designed by Michael Pryde" decal and they claim to test in a wind tunnel in Auckland).
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

RDY

by RDY

Is that Neil Pryde's son who was briefly in the bike business, or a different Pryde?

Alex222

by Alex222

RDY wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:45 pm
Is that Neil Pryde's son who was briefly in the bike business, or a different Pryde?
Yes it's his son

Catagory6

by Catagory6

am i the only person who thinks modern-day carbon fiber bicycles are the stupidest looking things imaginable?

Hexsense

by Hexsense

It reminds me of Cannondale Supersix somehow. The Geometry of size S is even similar to Cannondale Supersix size 48. Stack, reach, bb drop, fork offset are all similar to each other, but different to most other bike this size.

mgrl

by mgrl

Catagory6 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:02 pm
am i the only person who thinks modern-day carbon fiber bicycles are the stupidest looking things imaginable?
For sure not, but so what

Hexsense

by Hexsense

mgrl wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:07 pm
Catagory6 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:02 pm
For sure not, but so what
He must have quite a poor imagination. It could've been a lot worse should UCI remove all the design limit on the bike frames.
This frame shape looks pertty functional for me. Seat tube follow and shield rear tire, seatpost is slim because they promore comfort, lower head tube integrated with the fork for aero dynamic property etc. It looks like a utilitarian design. It shape this way for certain reasons, unlike Pinarell's random curves that the reason for their curves are over our head.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

The XL has a 18.8HT and 58.1TT....what is this...a bike for ants???? (That blue/green is pretty fantastic though!)

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

I love their paint schemes and brand identity but have never once liked the frame designs

Lina

by Lina

smartyiak wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:19 pm
The XL has a 18.8HT and 58.1TT....what is this...a bike for ants???? (That blue/green is pretty fantastic though!)
Why are you looking at measurements that don't matter?

And the XL is between 58 and 61 Tarmac SL7. So it's not that small.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com