new frame rumors for 2023?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

CustomMetal wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:28 pm
mrbrown4001 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:50 pm
CustomMetal wrote:New Sturdy TT bike and Aero road bike. He developed them in conjunction with each other. Main differences are slightly deeper down tube on the TT bike to better suit TT speeds and the cockpit/headtube.
Any more photos of the bike in the aero road configuration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From Tom's insta. The Geo on this one isn't very aggressive but hopefully mine which should be the next one will show it off better (I run a 123mm saddle to hoods drop) also there is a fairing to go with the down tube bottle cage to make it more aero.
You did wait a long time, but the frameset/ bike looks good. Is it your first Campagnolo build?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

wheelsONfire wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:51 pm
CustomMetal wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:28 pm
mrbrown4001 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:50 pm
CustomMetal wrote:New Sturdy TT bike and Aero road bike. He developed them in conjunction with each other. Main differences are slightly deeper down tube on the TT bike to better suit TT speeds and the cockpit/headtube.
Any more photos of the bike in the aero road configuration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From Tom's insta. The Geo on this one isn't very aggressive but hopefully mine which should be the next one will show it off better (I run a 123mm saddle to hoods drop) also there is a fairing to go with the down tube bottle cage to make it more aero.
You did wait a long time, but the frameset/ bike looks good. Is it your first Campagnolo build?
I think you miss understood. That's not mine... mine will be the next one and my fit is a lot more aggressive/racey than that one! Mine is Sram Red AXS, toms cranks and Beast 60 wheels, hopefully on Tactic hubs
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

neeb wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:13 pm
wozzo wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:56 pm
Plastic aero tunnels is what we need these days :D
They look suspiciously like those cable protectors you get for running wires across the floor..
They would never use cable conduits stuck to the headtube to upmark the price another €1-2k, would they? Right? :wink:

maquisard

by maquisard

Italian engineering at it's best!

C36

by C36

maquisard wrote:Italian engineering at it's best!
On what basis is this comment formulated? At first sight nothing…

I don’t like the bike aesthetic but until we see wind tunnel numbers we can’t comment on performance. Using vortex generators, creating lower pressures areas is theoretically a valid solution. Is it effective? We don’t yet know.

It’s like the comments on Pinarello Dogmas series where people like to bitch and totally confuse aesthetic and engineering… when for several generations it has been the most aero all-rounder bike.

maquisard

by maquisard

I once owned a light aircraft which I purchased new from Tecnam in Capua, near Naples. I had many issues with it. I visited the factory and had a bad experience with the engineering staff. That made my opinion bad.

C36

by C36

maquisard wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:22 pm
I once owned a light aircraft which I purchased new from Tecnam in Capua, near Naples. I had many issues with it. I visited the factory and had a bad experience with the engineering staff. That made my opinion bad.
Ok, relevance with Bianchi?

RadB

by RadB

I've casually worked on motorcycles, and the difference between Japanese and Italian bikes was striking. It wasn't so much from the engineering itself but the philosophy of things and decisions from which everything else flowed. That's cultural, and it's not unreasonable to apply these observations and experiences to other subsets of the same culture.

maquisard

by maquisard

RadB - exactly my point, the engineering mindset is different. Design decisions and paradigms are different and this is reflected in end products.

Maddie

by Maddie

Bianchi frames aren't engineered in Italy anymore

robeambro

by robeambro

RadB wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:01 pm
I've casually worked on motorcycles, and the difference between Japanese and Italian bikes was striking. It wasn't so much from the engineering itself but the philosophy of things and decisions from which everything else flowed. That's cultural, and it's not unreasonable to apply these observations and experiences to other subsets of the same culture.
Apply all you want, it's not unreasonable to form a personal opinion based on personal experience. What is unreasonable is to then assume that these N=1 (ie, 1 person) observations could become universal truths.

ms6073

by ms6073

C36 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:48 pm
maquisard wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:22 pm
Ok, relevance with Bianchi?
None really. Just remember why airplanes are better than women - airplanes will kill you quick, women take there time! :beerchug:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

RadB

by RadB

robeambro wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:03 pm
RadB wrote:
Apply all you want, it's not unreasonable to form a personal opinion based on personal experience. What is unreasonable is to then assume that these N=1 (ie, 1 person) observations could become universal truths.
Thanks for the permission :lol:
Never suggested it was universal or something approaching the concept of truth, which you might appreciate is a personally subjective evaluation of reality based on an almost infinite amount of variables leading up to that, and hence why multiple seemingly paradoxical truths can coexist from one instance/event of reality. So lets not go there.

RadB

by RadB

RadB wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:33 am
robeambro wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:03 pm
RadB wrote:
Thanks for the permission :lol:
Never suggested it was universal or something approaching the concept of truth, which you might appreciate is a personally subjective evaluation of reality based on an almost infinite amount of variables leading up to that, and hence why multiple seemingly paradoxical truths can coexist from one instance/event of reality. So lets not go there.
Edit: please refer exhibit a, would be interested to see the metrics quantitatively supporting the ideas going on here. Share them if you find them.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221020-193303~2.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Ritxis wrote://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202210 ... 1acec5.jpg

What drugs do brand marketing departments take? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Marketing gimmick at its best

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk