new frame rumors for 2023?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

maquisard wrote:Hopefully they will finally stop the stupid wavy Onda seatstay and fork nonsense
How will they sell the bikes then? They removed it for one generation then put it back in immediately in the next iteration, must be because it makes the bike 20% "more balanced"!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

maquisard wrote:Hopefully they will finally stop the stupid wavy Onda seatstay and fork nonsense
I like how people bitch on their “artistic design” when they are the most aero “all-rounder” bike for several generations… you may like or not how it looks like but you don’t have bunch of idiots behind the computer design ing them.

maquisard

by maquisard

If you think the Onda design contributes to superior aerodynamics then I think you are mistaken, it is purely aesthetic.

Takeswood

by Takeswood

LOWIEV wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:41 pm
65915A0F-5FF9-49FC-B841-5FB3E657FB7A.jpeg

🫣🫣🫣
SL8 incoming?
We don't have leaks on SL8 ? What's news today on this bike ?

RDY

by RDY

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:58 pm
The post already suggests a new WC paintjob. Not sure why we’d assume anything else.
You'll know the SL8 is close when they launch a slew of special edition paintjobs, month after month, for the SL7.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Who would buy a Pinarello looking like the mainstream bland brand of bikes?
No-one!
It's a trademark for heavens sake!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

RDY wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:13 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:58 pm
The post already suggests a new WC paintjob. Not sure why we’d assume anything else.
You'll know the SL8 is close when they launch a slew of special edition paintjobs, month after month, for the SL7.
Yeah it's a special wattage saving coat and color that makes you faster!
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

C36

by C36

maquisard wrote:If you think the Onda design contributes to superior aerodynamics then I think you are mistaken, it is purely aesthetic.
Let me correct, unless I am mistaken you have zero idea how the frame is designed (I did have some knowledge for the F10 and 12). Could have they achieved their result with a different design? Maybe, but that’s part of the route they choose to take and it’s very different from what they did 10 years ago (where I have no info on design) with their first assymetric / onda frames
Say you don’t like, not they are stupid.

maquisard

by maquisard

Engineering design converges around an optimum solution. if it was optimum then other frame manufacturers would be copying it. They aren't.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

maquisard wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:55 am
Engineering design converges around an optimum solution. if it was optimum then other frame manufacturers would be copying it. They aren't.
I think it's a bit more complicated. Pinarello have a design language which i believe they can't let go of. They would cut off their own legs.
At same time this typical style has been copied, but not by many. As you say yourself, it's not copied by many and it probably isn't because it might not have any proven benefits at same time the shapes (like them or hate them), are simply to much Pinarello.
I don't expect many big brand names would like to go down that lane. It's easier to copy, borrow or being heavily influenced with more typical shapes as most bikes today look so similar. The more unique styled are harder to copy if you care about the fact that all will see and probably say - COPY!!!
Last edited by wheelsONfire on Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

edy1092us

by edy1092us

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Yeah, F5/F7 the new Prince....
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

maquisard wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:55 am

Sometimes there are multiple near optimum solutions and also different weights/priorities given to certain parameters. Ganna’s Hour Record Bolide TT kept the wavy fork, but the rear triangle looked fairly tame in comparison.

C36

by C36

maquisard wrote:Engineering design converges around an optimum solution. if it was optimum then other frame manufacturers would be copying it. They aren't.
Sorry that’s (absolute) nonsense Image.
Open a bike catalogue and look… let’s start there before going forward and talk engineering.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

maquisard wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:24 am
Hopefully they will finally stop the stupid wavy Onda seatstay and fork nonsense
Would you buy one if they did?