new frame rumors for 2023?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

pmprego wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:21 pm

Yes but still... These brands are for profit companies. Maybe it's just not profitable to have h1 and h2. It's business. And pro riders just have to adapt. That's why they get paid to ride bikes and the huge rest pay for the bikes themselves. You cater your product to your (paying) clients.

You can always stick 40mm in spacers on a 56cm H1 bike to give it 384/587mm reach, effectively turning it into a slammed endurance bike.

I don't get why wheelsONfire is complaining about the De Rosa 70's geometry. Based on what he said about H2, it would fit him quite nicely. Even an H1 bike fits him with a fairly minimal spacer stack.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 12:23 am
pmprego wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:21 pm

Yes but still... These brands are for profit companies. Maybe it's just not profitable to have h1 and h2. It's business. And pro riders just have to adapt. That's why they get paid to ride bikes and the huge rest pay for the bikes themselves. You cater your product to your (paying) clients.

You can always stick 40mm in spacers on a 56cm H1 bike to give it 384/587mm reach, effectively turning it into a slammed endurance bike.

I don't get why wheelsONfire is complaining about the De Rosa 70's geometry. Based on what he said about H2, it would fit him quite nicely. Even an H1 bike fits him with a fairly minimal spacer stack.
Haha, yeah yeah, i hear you! I don't like spacer stacks. Everything over 10mm is making my OCD go off. I had a bike with 30mm at one time, i think it rode terrible.
I also think my previous AX which were longer (394mm) , didn't ride as this one. So i might stick to what i know i like. Otherwise i would probably never be satisfied.
There are a few bikes i would like to test ride, but it's almost impossible overhere.
Derosas 399mm i personally think is too long for me. I'm not getting younger.
On paper my bike is 380mm reach, a 385mm or tops 390mm reach frame would be ok. If i went for 390mm i could use same handlebar (Deda Superzero RS) and a 120mm stem. However, Time is probably closer to ideal. Same reach but lower stack. I could just run a -6 stem and maybe a few spacers. Trek are to expensive these days. To be honest, i also wonder what happens in a few years talking bike progression.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

toxin

by toxin

New Bross zenith aero frame at Shanghai Bike show. They're a chinese brand that was pretty unknown until relatively recently and they sponsor/supply a UCI team.

Photos ripped from China Cycling on YT.

Screenshot_20230506_231357.jpg

Removable front brake caliper shroud.
Screenshot_20230506_231211.jpg

Hex wrench inside thru-axle.
Screenshot_20230506_231320.jpg
Screenshot_20230506_231258.jpg

Looks like a weapon
Last edited by toxin on Sun May 07, 2023 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

cajer

by cajer

I realy like how that bike ooks. Espically the disk brake shroud. Does anyone make something similar to current bikes?

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

toxin wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 10:32 pm
Unnamed Bross aero frame at Shanghai Bike show. They're a chinese brand that was pretty unknown until relatively recently and they sponsor/supply a UCI team.
Bross is a brand from Cube's Chinese distributer. The new gen Zenith seems to have been designed by the same person behind Incolor LUG/SAVA Dream Maker, SpeedX Unicorn and QiCycle R1.

The brand is part of a larger consortium who I believe also owns Thinkrider

EDIT: The frameset should retail at 11K/14K RMB MSRP in China depending on layup, which is slightly higher than the Seka Exceed at 10K/13K excluding discounts
Last edited by StiffWeenies on Fri May 12, 2023 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

cajer wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 10:45 pm
I realy like how that bike ooks. Espically the disk brake shroud. Does anyone make something similar to current bikes?
The Parlee Z27 has a disc brake shroud.
The thin ton tube resembles Titici bikes
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

RDY

by RDY

The Bross Zenith looks great. Particularly like the seemingly reversible seatpost - pictured facing forwards with a positive as opposed to negative offset. But it looks really long and low - similar to Pardus type geo - so doubt I'd be able to ride it.

eric01

by eric01

That looks pretty cool. Thin top tube vs the wide down tube is nice visual contrast.

Some interesting stuff coming out of China these days?
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

renoracing

by renoracing

Really like the look of that Bross Zenith. The super low stack stem on the integrated bar is wonderful given how bulky most integrated stems are these days. Their entire lineup looks pretty solid...

https://www.biketo.com/news/51361.html

WWerreWW

by WWerreWW

With all the discussion about a new Tarmac (SL7 announced in the summer of 2020), what are people's thoughts on a successor to the Aethos (announced in October 2020)? I know the Aethos wasn't a huge seller, but it's creeping up to the point in the lifecycle where it would normally be updated, if it were to happen at all.

If it were to be updated, what would change? Integrating cables or making it aero would go against the ethos of the Aethos, and making it even lighter seems like a stretch.

If the new SL8 goes back to being a more climbing-oriented (i.e. lighter and less aero) bike and the reVenge comes and steps into the aero market, I could very realistically see the Aethos being discontinued, unfortunately. If that were to happen I think the Aethos would go down in the books as an instant classic for the weightweenies crowd.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Aethos sales have been strong/steady, so I doubt it's going away anytime soon. All they need to do is update the paint every now and then.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:08 am
Aethos sales have been strong/steady, so I doubt it's going away anytime soon. All they need to do is update the paint every now and then.
This is the problem with the Aethos and it's ilk; there's nothing to improve. You can't wait it much lighter, there's no reason to try to make it aero, and there's no reason to change the geo. Just refresh the colour every year and continue strong sales of a classic looking bike that has race geo and is light.

What's funny is the other brands still haven't figured out that you can have your aero do-it-all bike but not everyone wants that or requires it. Factor and Specialized are the only two taking advantage of it and Factor seems to ignore than the O2 exists any longer.

TLN

by TLN

Well, you can't charge same amount of money for simple looking bike with external routed cables, can you? Plus there's a limit about how light you can go: material strength and liability comes into play. SL7 might need new single-piece handlebar and such. What else do you need on classic-looking Aethos?
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

TLN wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:27 pm
Well, you can't charge same amount of money for simple looking bike with external routed cables, can you?

You can, and Specialized does.

TLN

by TLN

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:30 pm
TLN wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:27 pm
Well, you can't charge same amount of money for simple looking bike with external routed cables, can you?
You can, and Specialized does.
I've added that initally, but then removed to be polite :beerchug:
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com