new frame rumors for 2023?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sigma

by sigma

Ride4Life wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:46 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:22 pm
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:12 pm
NealH wrote:Spec might update the Roubaix, but the Tarmac needs nothing. It's pretty much state of the art now.
Does anyone think/know whether Specialized will update the Roubaix for 2023?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A cut-down version of the Diverge rear-suspension maybe.

Also just lol at a brand withholding on a frame update because it “needs nothing.”
I'm sure your 100% spot on.

However after riding the kinekt body float, redshift seat post and thud buster...The current gen Roubaix nailed the rear end compliance with their seat post, lowered stays, and flex within the fin-shaped design at the rear.

Sure the suspension seatpost offer more travel, but the movement on the Roubaix is more natural and feels buttery smooth.

Adding suspension, imo, adds uneccessay weight and potentially issues with saddle movent.
+1 There are many times I am just as happy on my Roubaix running CLX64s as I would be on a Tarmac. It's a terrifically well build bike with great handling manners. My only regret is not getting the team version when I could have geometry wise as the stack on the regular is almost too high for me.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

RDY

by RDY

djb444 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:40 pm
So i stumbled on this surfing the webs. The new Koga Kinsei roadbike. Scheduled for 2023. It's inspired by the very succesfull Koga Kinsei track bike. Apparently it comes in three versions, which vary in the agressivness of the seat position. I think you can see all three versions here.
Got me a bit excited.

2022-11-09 (8).png
Koga has such an odd product range. Excellent citybikes. Arguably the best thought out trekking bikes on the market. Craptastic road and gravel bikes. Arguably the best track bike out there, and which you can actually buy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djb444

by djb444

RDY wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:48 pm
djb444 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:40 pm
So i stumbled on this surfing the webs. The new Koga Kinsei roadbike. Scheduled for 2023. It's inspired by the very succesfull Koga Kinsei track bike. Apparently it comes in three versions, which vary in the agressivness of the seat position. I think you can see all three versions here.
Got me a bit excited.

2022-11-09 (8).png
Koga has such an odd product range. Excellent citybikes. Arguably the best thought out trekking bikes on the market. Craptastic road and gravel bikes. Arguably the best track bike out there, and which you can actually buy.
I agree with that. Apparently though they want to return to the the top segment of road racing with this new bike. This is a quote from a dutch article covering a recent dealer show where they presented the new Koga Kinsei:

Finally, KOGA also wants to settle in the top segment of racing bikes and has developed the Kinsei racing bike, which is inspired by the Kinsei track bike, with which the Dutch track cyclists scored highly at the Olympic Games in Tokyo. “We took that track bike as a starting point, but adjusted the geometry. On a track bike you are ready after a few laps, but with a racing bike you should be able to ride 200 km. We supply various stem variants from which the consumer can choose. With one you sit deeper, with the other a bit more comfortable. This bike excels in its combination of ultimate aerodynamics and stiffness. You ride it at least 2 km faster than your current bike,” guarantees Troost. “KOGA is originally from the racing world and it is great that we are active at that highest level again.”

Link to the article: https://nieuwsfiets.nu/2022/11/06/koga- ... n-in-2023/

We'll just have to wait and see if they'll deliver!

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Yonex Carbonex SLD
M40X layup just like the Canyon Ultimate CFR and upcoming Elilee Blize
offered in just 2 sizes, XS and S (geo chart indicates different mould from standard Carbonex/Carbonex HR/Growent)
unpainted Size S frame is quoted at 540g, painted Size S frame weighed at 580g and fork quoted at ~300g (for perspective, a WW user weighed their Size 52 Aethos 12r at 571g for the frame and 271g for the fork)
Last edited by StiffWeenies on Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

Maddie

by Maddie

That Yonnex just wow
And integrated cables

neeb

by neeb

Fork-offset-by-curve... Retro!

mrlobber

by mrlobber

... now if they at least produced an "M"... but likely unobtanium status outside of Japan anyway :)
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

greycat

by greycat

Electronic shifting only. Internal cable routing only for brakes. 28mm max tire. I still like the looks, ww, and in my size. :D

I suspect there is a max weight for this frame. I have the crf51 frame and it has a weight limit of 85kg. It's 840g, 32mm tire clearance, and external cables. Not built up yet. So can't say how it feels or responds to power.
I also didn't have a pleasant experience with the seller. So glad to see competition which I hope brings better treatment to consumers.

NotYou

by NotYou

Not a rumor anymore, a new Look 765 Optimum has been released.

However, rumor also has it, a new 795 - and maybe even 785 - will follow. Just rumors though, may as well have been the 765 all along

MichaelK

by MichaelK

StiffWeenies wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:10 pm
Yonex Carbonex SLD

unpainted Size S frame is quoted at 540g, painted Size S frame weighed at 580g and fork quoted at ~300g (for perspective, a WW user weighed their Size 52 Aethos 12r at 571g for the frame and 271g for the fork)
Love the Gokiso wheels on their example... 476g and 306g almost as much as the frameset weight.

Magnetize6932

by Magnetize6932

NotYou wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:51 pm
Not a rumor anymore, a new Look 765 Optimum has been released.

However, rumor also has it, a new 795 - and maybe even 785 - will follow. Just rumors though, may as well have been the 765 all along
Looks like this could be a top choice for endurance bikes. The Ultegra Di2 version comes in a few hundred under the Roubaix Expert, with no suspension gimmicks to worry about, as well as real integrated cabling. The wheels it comes with look comparable to the C38 as well. Much better looking than the Defy Advanced 1, but slightly less value. You of course still get more bang for your buck with the Canyon Endurace CF SL 8, but presumably the Look frame is of much higher quality.

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Anyone heard anything about a venge replacement next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Yikes, that is a very upright bike. HT/Stack about 1-1.5cm taller than the VR3S. Number of sizes shrinks by one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Konsi

by Konsi

And the V3RS was already quite upright. It seems they know their core clientele ;)