Coefficient RR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spartacus

by spartacus

glepore wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:58 pm

If anyone can point me to an ali bar that looks like the rr, I'm all ears...
Stop buying fake chinese crap / stolen IP, it's not cool. Hate how this is normalized.

KarlGLS

by KarlGLS

spartacus wrote:
glepore wrote:

Stop buying fake chinese crap / stolen IP, it's not cool. Hate how this is normalized.
Could not agree more. And, good luck while sprinting on them
simply blabla-ing

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

Whatever. I've been using various chinese sourced components for over 10 years with zero failures. Take your zenophobia elsewhere.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

spartacus

by spartacus

glepore wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:59 pm
Whatever. I've been using various chinese sourced components for over 10 years with zero failures. Take your zenophobia elsewhere.
People like you are making the world a worse place for us all. Xenophopbia? You see a design you like, and instead of supporting the people whose idea it was and are doing QC on their part, are supporting random Chinese companies stealing their idea then on the side shipping drones and armor to Russia.

GTFO

KarlGLS

by KarlGLS

glepore wrote:Whatever. I've been using various chinese sourced components for over 10 years with zero failures. Take your zenophobia elsewhere.
Good on you then, that was an advice.. I’ve seen people braking bones due to that kind of components. Enjoy your ride :)
simply blabla-ing

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

spartacus wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:02 pm
glepore wrote:
People like you are making the world a worse place for us all.
😂😂😂
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

spartacus

by spartacus

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:36 pm
spartacus wrote:
glepore wrote:
😂😂😂
I'm dead serious. How would you feel if you came up with an innovative product, did all the rnd, brought it to the market, then you're online and some dude is like yeahhhrrr I would totally buy that but instead I'm gonna wait for the stolen/copied design to show up on alibaba so I Can save a buck!!

It's patheric is what it is.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

spartacus wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:40 pm
LanceLegstrong wrote:
spartacus wrote:
glepore wrote:
😂😂😂
I'm dead serious. How would you feel if you came up with an innovative product, did all the rnd, brought it to the market, then you're online and some dude is like yeahhhrrr I would totally buy that but instead I'm gonna wait for the stolen/copied design to show up on alibaba so I Can save a buck!!

That's cool man. If I could afford it, sure, I'd buy the original. But I'd rather save the money and use it on other things. Especially when you have something like the Black Inc bar/stem that's like $600 vs an $80 copy. That's a huge savings that can be spent elsewhere. I'm not in a spot in life where I can drop $600 on handlebars so I ride the $80 version. And they've been awesome.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

RDY

by RDY

spartacus wrote:
LanceLegstrong wrote:
spartacus wrote:
glepore wrote:
😂😂😂

Not everybody has high income and lives in a high income country, though if you check both boxes and look at the performance bike market, it's easy to forget that.

Unless original designers have a massive chip on their shoulder, they probably understand this.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

RDY wrote:
spartacus wrote:
LanceLegstrong wrote:
spartacus wrote:
ImageImageImage

Not everybody has high income and lives in a high income country, though if you check both boxes and look at the performance bike market, it's easy to forget that.

Unless original designers have a massive chip on their shoulder, they probably understand this.
Theft is theft. Plain and simple. By buying copied product you endorse theft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glepore

by glepore

RDY wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:52 pm

Its a handlebar shape. Numerous ones like it exist, such as the Gela etc. Its not patentable. Its not counterfeit. I agree with RDY, I'm on a retirement budget, and yeah, if the same product can be produced for $50 vs $300, then sure, I'm buying the $50 product. And as to building weapons to support Russia, c'mon man. Its a global economy. The iphone is produced there, do you boycott Apple because you're supporting the Chinese economy otherwise? Solar panels? I could go on.
Last I'll say on the subject. We've drifted far enough.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Nickldn

by Nickldn

glepore wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:39 pm
RDY wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:52 pm

Its a handlebar shape. Numerous ones like it exist, such as the Gela etc. Its not patentable. Its not counterfeit. I agree with RDY, I'm on a retirement budget, and yeah, if the same product can be produced for $50 vs $300, then sure, I'm buying the $50 product. And as to building weapons to support Russia, c'mon man. Its a global economy. The iphone is produced there, do you boycott Apple because you're supporting the Chinese economy otherwise? Solar panels? I could go on.
Last I'll say on the subject. We've drifted far enough.
But it's not the same product is it? It's very naive (and I could use plenty of other more suitable words here) comparing a $300 bar where the manufacturer has to provide decent QC and support with a $50 cynical knock off that has been built as cheaply as possible and only sells due to looking like a far more aspirational product.

I'm all for quality Chinese brands like Farsport and Yoeleo, which make fantastic and realistically priced products, but I don't accept cheap copy outfits are a good thing.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

spartacus wrote:
glepore wrote:

It's this. Seems since covid there are many members that not only buy, but encourage counterfeit product. It's disgusting actually. Save up and get the real thing or go without. You are not entitled to get anything you want. Work for it.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Never cheer before you know who is winning

jih

by jih

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:42 pm
jih wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:17 pm

... it seems like you could get the same effect wiht a lot less material in the bars if they made stems longer than standard (so 130mm to 170mm range) and moved the stem/bar clamping area forwards to be inside that big hole on the front.

The hole+integrated computer mount adds very aero and currently UCI legal hand position.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRrghVQsPId/
I haven't had them in my hands so I'm not sure, but I think you could have a longer stem and a shorter hole, and do the same withe less material. I'd have to have one in my hands to really say though.

RDY

by RDY

ultimobici wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:33 pm
RDY wrote:
spartacus wrote:
LanceLegstrong wrote:

ImageImageImage

Theft is theft. Plain and simple. By buying copied product you endorse theft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not theft, and there are no direct copies of either the Coefficient bar, the Deda Gera, or similar ones. Even if there were, it's not theft. If they market and brand them as the original, then it is copyright 'theft' / infringement.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com