Milkit sealant

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MikeD

by MikeD

Anyone try it and how does it compare to Orange Seal? Seems to have some advantages: doesn't need shaking, CO2 compatible, says it has long life and can seal large punctures. I order some as the price is comparable to OS Endurance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MikeD

by MikeD

My Milkit sealant was pretty much dried up after 3 months on both of my bikes. Is that good life? Seems I got better life or no worse with Orange Seal. However, I won't use OS Endurance any more as I've had sealing problems with it.

RDY

by RDY

Looks like OKO Hi Fiber (many brands use it). IMO it's the best out there as an all around compromise. In dry environments or if you want it to be less thick, you can add water to it (if this is OKO HF), which stops it drying up.

MikeD

by MikeD

RDY wrote:Looks like OKO Hi Fiber (many brands use it). IMO it's the best out there as an all around compromise. In dry environments or if you want it to be less thick, you can add water to it (if this is OKO HF), which stops it drying up.
It does look quite similar. Indeed it may be the same product. On Amazon, a liter of Milkit is $10 cheaper than OKO Hi Fiber. Reading the product description, there's a lot of advantages over natural latex sealant, including easier removal from clothing because it's water soluble. Haven't tried cleaning it out of my tires yet though. I've gone through a 1 liter bottle with no flats on my bikes.

MikeD

by MikeD

Going back to regular Orange Seal. I had a leak today in the center of the tread (looked like a thorn puncture) of a low pressure gravel tire and Milkit wouldn't seal it. Just topped off the sealant several weeks ago. Poor sealant performance.

I cleaned Milkit out of my tires, put OS in, and it sealed right up.