Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aeo

by Aeo

Reminder not to leave your money with them for longer than 180 days. If you paid via Paypal, getting your money back after 180 days is very difficult.
Does Cycling100 even offer Paypal? Looks like a relatively generic Shopify frontend which might just have credit card payment enabled.

That is definitely a risky proposition for prepaid goods. The deposit / balance model of payment also muddies the waters
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WeeniestWeigh

by WeeniestWeigh

I had decided to cancel my order with C100 on May 9th after poor communication and a bad feeling about their ability to deliver the frame. I had sent several emails without reply, and even Seka themselves could not contact C100. I too had the email on the 24th of May from C100 asking for the balance payment, and explained I had cancelled and requested the refund again. C100 actually replied straight away and issued the refund, which came through a few days later. Just thought I'd share my experience for those in the same situation. For everyone that has paid the balanace, I hope you get your frame!

cb6dro

by cb6dro

Woke up to see an email from Seka this morning pretty much saying what they had already told me:
I am very sorry to let you know that after negotiation with C100, they don‘t work with us anymore. You should start a refund with them, there is no way can deliver our bike.
If you wish to order a bike you can order directly with us and offer 30% discount based on C100 price as compensation. Please give me screen shot of your C100 order and your email address and your receiving address and contact number. I will crate PI and ship your frame once payment is made. We currently only accept bank payment.
Unsurprisingly still complete radio silence from C100 having requested a refund at the beginning of the week

KotP

by KotP

I've done a search and read through the last few pages of this topic and there appears to be some availability issues but I'll ask my question anyway...

Is the Seka Exceed integrated handlebar available to purchase on it's own? There seems to be a few dealers that have sold them but most sizes are out of stock.

I'm really impressed by the handlebar. The stem angle, reach and drop are perfect and it supposedly has a larger than usual range of sizes.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

KotP wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:52 pm
Is the Seka Exceed integrated handlebar available to purchase on it's own? There seems to be a few dealers that have sold them but most sizes are out of stock.

I'm really impressed by the handlebar. The stem angle, reach and drop are perfect and it supposedly has a larger than usual range of sizes.
I bought one additional through C100 when I ordered my Exceed, which, obviously, isn't an option anymore. Pretty nice bar indeed, and significantly cheaper than EXS, Farsports etc. The computer mount is super heavy, though, and, as shown earlier in the thread, might have issues in the future.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

dsveddy

by dsveddy

cb6dro wrote:We currently only accept bank payment.
HUGE red flag

I just want to point out that there is very little information on how much Seka is to blame for the issues C100 was having. It’s clear that demand has outstripped their production capacity, and for whatever reason C100 wasn’t equipped to predict supply.

Obviously it’s clear C100 dropped the ball by taking orders they couldn’t fulfill in the quoted 10 weeks. Their failure to refund several people is certainly a problem, and it probably speaks to cash flow problems. They are probably near or past the limit of order cancellation rate that would bankrupt them. Their lack of communication is also a major problem, although I wonder if it’s a sign that they’re so broke they’re too understaffed to reply to emails?

But I ask myself: how did C100 get into this position? Is it because the people at C100 are willfully taking orders they know they can’t fulfill in time, or is it because Seka has been misleading C100 about their lead times and failing to deliver in time?

There is simply no way to know, but I think we should take the position that Seka’s distribution business needs to EARN our trust, rather than us assuming they will treat buyers better than C100 did. And that starts with accepting payment types that protect the buyer.

My Exceed has been fabulous and great value for money, but not so much so that I would risk my money over ordering one. Yoeleo R11 and R12 are somewhat comparable frames, available at similar or cheaper prices. Cervelo soloist is only slightly more expensive than the RDC. Please be sensible, people.

Bielas

by Bielas

from their Instagram page...

Screenshot 2023 Seka.png
:mrgreen:

nino10

by nino10

Screenshot 2023-06-09 135106.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-09 135106.jpg (11.94 KiB) Viewed 2079 times

dvq

by dvq

This is why vetting your distributors and retailers is so important. I'm sure you can imagine the amount of brand damage C100 has caused Seka.

C100 isn't going to reply to any refunds, if you still have an outstanding undelivered deposit or even balance payment with them, contests every credit card or PayPal charge immediately. Some of you may get burned by limitations on protection.

KotP

by KotP

mrlobber wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:37 pm

I bought one additional through C100 when I ordered my Exceed, which, obviously, isn't an option anymore.
Thanks for your response. Yes obvioulsy I can't purchase one through C100 but it seems there might be the option to buy through Seka in the future if they do direct sales, I guess I'll just have to be patient.

cb6dro

by cb6dro

nino10 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:02 pm
Screenshot 2023-06-09 135106.jpg
Website basically ready, but saying payment via bank transfer for those stung by C100 :roll: :oops:

bhammo1

by bhammo1

but if ccache can have preorders for the new colors then the USA site can too!!

bhammo1

by bhammo1

now they mentioned 1-2mo wait for outlet site availability on ig. maybe it's https://www.sekabikes.com/en/outlet-mall/ ? :)

At least can see a pic of a different stem attached.

oliobi

by oliobi

dvq wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:23 pm
C100 isn't going to reply to any refunds, if you still have an outstanding undelivered deposit or even balance payment with them, contests every credit card or PayPal charge immediately. Some of you may get burned by limitations on protection.
Update: C100 has completely refunded both the deposit and the balance payment. At least I can cancel the CC chargeback and move on.

------

I'm probably one of those getting burned by Cycling100. I've ordered in February, paid the deposit. On May 24, they came back and said they will deliver soon and requested the balance payment (1759 EUR including BB, derailleur hanger). Which I've stupidly paid. Now they play dead and unfortunately, Visa say they have a 120 days limitation which excludes the deposit.

SEKA say they cannot do anything for me, except squeeze even more money out of me with the promise of a frame. This time the money will be completely unsecured - as if!.

This is such a shitshow, both from SEKA and Cycling100.
Last edited by oliobi on Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cb6dro

by cb6dro

oliobi wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:54 pm
dvq wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:23 pm
I'm probably one of those getting burned by Cycling100. I've ordered in February, paid the deposit. On May 24, they came back and said they will deliver soon and requested the balance payment (1759 EUR including BB, derailleur hanger). Which I've stupidly paid. Now they play dead and unfortunately, Visa say they have a 120 days limitation which excludes the deposit.

SEKA say they cannot do anything for me, except squeeze even more money out of me with the promise of a frame. This time the money will be completely unsecured - as if!.

Is there anything in terms of getting law enforcement involved regarding the fraud by Cycling100? How can I get an address, name etc. from Cycling100 to serve them anything? Or is this hopeless in your views?

This is such a shitshow, both from SEKA and Cycling100.
I've finally just recieved 2 emails from C100 to say they have cancelled and refunded my deposit and balance payments, so we'll see if they actually show up on my cc transactions. I had raised a dispute with my CC company last Friday after C100 hadn't replied.
C100 wrote:Cycling100
Sorry the cooperation with SEKA has been ended and we are unable to ship your frame. You can contact with SEKA for ordering and shipping.

You money will be refunded soon.