Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

isharamet

by isharamet

I also received same message from C100 today. Hopefully, they'll return the money.

oliobi

by oliobi

oliobi wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:54 pm
dvq wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:23 pm
C100 isn't going to reply to any refunds, if you still have an outstanding undelivered deposit or even balance payment with them, contests every credit card or PayPal charge immediately. Some of you may get burned by limitations on protection.
I'm probably one of those getting burned by Cycling100. I've ordered in February, paid the deposit. On May 24, they came back and said they will deliver soon and requested the balance payment (1759 EUR including BB, derailleur hanger). Which I've stupidly paid. Now they play dead and unfortunately, Visa say they have a 120 days limitation which excludes the deposit.

SEKA say they cannot do anything for me, except squeeze even more money out of me with the promise of a frame. This time the money will be completely unsecured - as if!.

Is there anything in terms of getting law enforcement involved regarding the fraud by Cycling100? How can I get an address, name etc. from Cycling100 to serve them anything? Or is this hopeless in your views?

This is such a shitshow, both from SEKA and Cycling100.
Update: C100 has completely refunded both the deposit and the balance payment. At least I can cancel the CC chargeback and move on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

isharamet

by isharamet

oliobi wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:48 am
Update: C100 has completely refunded both the deposit and the balance payment. At least I can cancel the CC chargeback and move on.
Congrats, for me it was just the deposit. Hopefully, full balance will be refunded soon.

mischaimpossible

by mischaimpossible

Hi you all,
same story with c100, both refunds arrived today.
Have taken the offer of SEKA direct and hope it turns out well, they re really responsive so far. ETA for the Framset is end of june.

cheers

dhalbrook

by dhalbrook

mrlobber

by mrlobber

The seller is legit, myself (and several others here AFAIK) have bought EXS Aerover from this "store" (which likely is a single, maybe a couple of guys though).
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

dhalbrook wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:59 pm
WDYT, is this legit or not? https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802791626581.html
I see prices taxed and we have pretty high taxes. But this is about as much as a carbon frameset should cost really.
Well, if prices hadn't been shooting off the radar like mad...
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

dsveddy

by dsveddy

dhalbrook wrote:WDYT, is this legit or not? https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802791626581.html
Check the spreadsheet, it looks like both people who ordered from there got their frames eventually

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... m4y5w/edit

mistergoober

by mistergoober

Does the fork come with a crown race or is it integrated into the shape of the carbon?

dsveddy

by dsveddy

mistergoober wrote:Does the fork come with a crown race or is it integrated into the shape of the carbon?
Its integrated, there’s no crown race necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhammo1

by bhammo1

now mid-august release for USA site, is there any hype for seka frames anymore? :(

dsveddy

by dsveddy

This morning I watched Cam Nicholls’s video on the carbon inspection of his anonymously purchased Elves Falath Evo frame, and was very interested to learn about their discovery that the fork steerer is lined with fiberglass. The tell-tale sign was the two-tone appearance in the cross-section.

I remember my (standard edition) Exceed’s steerer looking similar. So I went to my workshop trash bin and fished out a steerer cutting from my Exceed, which I attach here. It has that similar two-tone appearance, with the lighter tone fiberglass layer on the inner surface. Also note the ring and big void between the layers, I assume the void is where the fiberglass sheet is joined. I have observed that this void extends throughout all parts of the steerer I have cut.

In Cam’s video, Elves responded to his inquiry by saying that this is a common feature in steerer tubes to facilitate reaming. The inner surface texture of my steerer suggests this steerer tube also has been reamed. Based on his research, Cam concluded that while this is a widespread and valid construction, it’s not the best construction for stiffness and weight savings, and most high end bikes have full carbon steerer tubes.

I would be interested to see if any RDC owners also see this two-tone steerer tube.

While I still think this steerer is probably safe, I will say it’s a reminder that we are getting a product where the manufacturer has cut corners here and there. Another example is that my bottle cage bosses are rusting. It may also account for the “soft” front end that some of us are experiencing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrlobber

by mrlobber

dsveddy wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:33 pm
I would be interested to see if any RDC owners also see this two-tone steerer tube.
Yes, mine has it too (btw, the fork between Exceed & Exceed RDC is the same). Just in mine, the inner colored layer appears to be narrower than yours, and also no voids are visible (at least in the area I cut it).
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Paweln1983

by Paweln1983

Well after 1600km ridden on British roads I have spotted a little crack on my handlebars. Originally I thought it was only a clear coat, but on closer inspection I could see a bit of movement when applying pressure on the bars. i have contacted SEKA 10 days ago and still waiting in response. I must say I'm quite disappointed, although we have seen integrated bar issues with some big player in the recent years. I will keep you posted on the response from SEKA (if any).
I think they have sanded through the carbon matrix before painting process and any thing which was keeping bars in one piece was bit of resin. I must say that from new left drop was quite flexy.
It is a real shame as I love this bike, and now I can't use it, especially with the weather we're having in the UK ATM.
Attachments
592d9a9a-8c57-4d00-b9ec-5383fa052209.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-25 205934.jpg
29cedf04-5e1f-41ba-a1a6-6f992d7ba9b3.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ChaosMuppet

by ChaosMuppet

Bielas wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:30 am
from their Instagram page...
Well, here we go, I ordered from SEKA via E-Mail and on showing them my C100 communication I did receive my disapointed-C100-customer's discount. I will keep our spreadsheet alive and enter my data there.
SEKA states both "including tax" and FOB price which is a bit contradictory, I'll have to wait and see if I get charged taxes on delivery.

The new colours have a 2-3 months lead time, but the old SEKA colours appear to be in stock for quick shipping, so if anyone is in a hurry...