Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

wdym?

Is Joe gonna charge ProjectUno SWERKZ doogma pricing?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dsveddy

by dsveddy

So I thought that the Giant propel downtube water bottle cage might fit on the Exceed, and I quite like the idea of an aero bottle cage, so I went ahead and bought one on to test. It fits close but not quite there. The width of the cage near the downtube is about 35mm. The downtube above the top bottle boss is about 35.3mm wide as well, but further down it tapers to about 43mm wide near the bottom bottle boss. As you can see in the photo, there is just a bit of light between where the edge of the cage meets the downtube.

I think the bigger disappointment for me was that the bottle cage has no adjustability up/down the downtube. I’ve been looking for a bottle cage that puts the downtube bottle just ahead of the seat tube bottle, and just haven’t found one. Looking at Giant's own photos, their bottle placement is similarly high on the frame. I find it pretty suprising, because one of the clearest marginal aero gains is placing the bottles as low as you can on the frame.
IMG_1189.jpg
IMG_1187.jpeg
IMG_1190.jpeg
IMG_1191.jpeg

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

I thin it loos good tho!

If you arent happy, maybe try BMC?
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

Courie90

by Courie90

hello all

so i have my seka exceed rcd almost a year now. I love the bike, it rides really well, but unfortunately i have some issues.

1) the rubber endcap arround the seatpost is poorly made, it doesn't fit at all, it's very loose and therefore allot of water can go in to the frame when I'm cleaning the bike. anyone else has this ? what did you do to fix it ?

2) garmin outfront holder. i live in belgium, so ridding on rough roads and cobbles are normal here. first problem is that the innerlock plate broke when riding on some cobble section. today the holder broke after riding on a cobble section. so i'm looking for a new outfront mount hopefully an other brand fits the bars, one that is much stronger. i have an garmin 1030 device.

dhalbrook

by dhalbrook

It looks like that out-front computer mount is cast aluminum which can get brittle over time and crack. You should look for one that is CNC machined from billet aluminum (or some other material) with the same bolt pattern, like those from K-Edge.

daytrader

by daytrader

Hi All,

Just registred here. Would like to get touch with people, who ordered Seka framset this year thru C100, paid full balance and still awaiting tracking number.
There is no contact with C100 and from what I know after contacting Seka directly, we wont recive it any time soon if at all...
Considering legal actions against C100 so If any one intrested to join, please feel free to contact me on : qbs@op.pl

Cheers!

cb6dro

by cb6dro

daytrader wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:46 am
Hi All,

Just registred here. Would like to get touch with people, who ordered Seka framset this year thru C100, paid full balance and still awaiting tracking number.
There is no contact with C100 and from what I know after contacting Seka directly, we wont recive it any time soon if at all...
Considering legal actions against C100 so If any one intrested to join, please feel free to contact me on : qbs@op.pl

Cheers!
Following your post I contacted C100 and Seka to ask what was going on with my order. No reply as yet from C100, but Seka have told me to seek a refund from C100 as they won't be sending anymore frames to C100 to fullfill the existing orders.
Seka wrote:You ordered through C100, they don't work with us anymore, they have reply and absolutely no responsibility. SEKA has waited long enough to give them a You should start a refund with them. If you wish to order a bike you can order directly with us and offer 30% discount based on C100 order as compensation. Please give me screen shot of your C100 order and your email address and your receiving address, I will arrange paper work and the frame for you(We currently only accept bank payment.).
Me wrote:Thank you for your reply.

Are you telling me that whatever happens I will now NOT receive the frame I ordered through cycling 100 (Your company will NOT be sending anymore frames to Cycling 100), and that the only option left to me now is to request a refund from Cycling 100?

please let me know.
Seka wrote:That is correct. They have no responsibility and we cannot working with them. The frame I send to them 2 month ago is still sitting in the storage, people are asking, we are chasing them, they don't listen. what can I expect...
Will release official document of we stop working with C100 with discount and apology to all SEKA unfinished customers.
So I've asked C100 for a refund, but don't hold out much hope. Fun times ahead!

dhalbrook

by dhalbrook

It looks like CCache has a bunch of new framesets for pre-order, with a 90 day delivery window. Here's hoping that means the Seka store isn't too far off.

daytrader

by daytrader

cb6dro wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:32 pm
daytrader wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers!
Following your post I contacted C100 and Seka to ask what was going on with my order. No reply as yet from C100, but Seka have told me to seek a refund from C100 as they won't be sending anymore frames to C100 to fullfill the existing orders.
Seka wrote:You ordered through C100, they don't work with us anymore, they have reply and absolutely no responsibility. SEKA has waited long enough to give them a You should start a refund with them. If you wish to order a bike you can order directly with us and offer 30% discount based on C100 order as compensation. Please give me screen shot of your C100 order and your email address and your receiving address, I will arrange paper work and the frame for you(We currently only accept bank payment.).
Me wrote:Thank you for your reply.

Are you telling me that whatever happens I will now NOT receive the frame I ordered through cycling 100 (Your company will NOT be sending anymore frames to Cycling 100), and that the only option left to me now is to request a refund from Cycling 100?

please let me know.
Seka wrote:That is correct. They have no responsibility and we cannot working with them. The frame I send to them 2 month ago is still sitting in the storage, people are asking, we are chasing them, they don't listen. what can I expect...
Will release official document of we stop working with C100 with discount and apology to all SEKA unfinished customers.
So I've asked C100 for a refund, but don't hold out much hope. Fun times ahead!
Yup, so it is pretty much what I have recived from Seka, email from 23th May bellow:

After long battling with C100 team trying to contact them push them and getting informations of current status of all on-going orders, the result from C100 is they no longer want to do online sell business and wont deliver our bikes. Please submit refund request through C100. If they don't replay and no action from C100, you can find your payment company like Paypal and submit a dispute/claim.
If you wish to order bike through SEKA directly you can wait till June when our web-store ready. And I would offer you 30% discount based on you upset on C100's order, (simply send me screenshot of C100 order confirmation and payment confirmation to get discount from us).

On May 24th I have emailed C100 with confirming order cancelletion and refund request. It was May 24th - no email, no refund from C100.
I just emailed C100 with cancellation nad request. Is there any other way to request a refund other than by email?

daytrader

by daytrader

Well,looks like a fraud.

If the companies no longer cooperate and this was a situation known to Seka. They should at least warn future customers on their own website "don't buy through C100! it's a scam" They didn't, the deposits were made much earlier for frame production. What happened to these frames - they were produced but not transferred to the C100? Were they not produced at all? C100 didn't pay Seka for them?

Personally, I think that in such a situation, Seka should claim money from C100, but send to all customers the frames that have been ordered.
Why are they only offering 30% off??? Most top Western companies would not allow such a situation. They would pursue claims from the midleman (C100 in this case) but customers would not be left alone with such a problem. And now it really looks like this. The C100 is gone and Seka feels only 30% accountable. Sic.

If I wont recive any info from C100 any time soon, regarding frameset or refund I will try to chase them via law firm in Shanghai.

isharamet

by isharamet

daytrader wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers!
I ordered mine back in January and they asked me to do the full payment on Apr 20th, which I did. They asked me about preferred seatpost option on May 24th, but no updates since.

MichaelK

by MichaelK

daytrader wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:17 pm
Well,looks like a fraud.

If the companies no longer cooperate and this was a situation known to Seka. They should at least warn future customers on their own website "don't buy through C100! it's a scam" They didn't, the deposits were made much earlier for frame production. What happened to these frames - they were produced but not transferred to the C100? Were they not produced at all? C100 didn't pay Seka for them?

Personally, I think that in such a situation, Seka should claim money from C100, but send to all customers the frames that have been ordered.
Why are they only offering 30% off??? Most top Western companies would not allow such a situation. They would pursue claims from the midleman (C100 in this case) but customers would not be left alone with such a problem. And now it really looks like this. The C100 is gone and Seka feels only 30% accountable. Sic.

If I wont recive any info from C100 any time soon, regarding frameset or refund I will try to chase them via law firm in Shanghai.
That's not how it works unfortunately. Seka trying to warn people to steer clear of C100 would be seen as libelous. The sale has been made via the customer and C100 and is between them, it's not on Seka to compensate the buyer and chase C100.

This is what charge backs and consumer rights are for.

cb6dro

by cb6dro

daytrader wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:01 pm
Yup, so it is pretty much what I have recived from Seka, email from 23th May bellow:

After long battling with C100 team trying to contact them push them and getting informations of current status of all on-going orders, the result from C100 is they no longer want to do online sell business and wont deliver our bikes. Please submit refund request through C100. If they don't replay and no action from C100, you can find your payment company like Paypal and submit a dispute/claim.
If you wish to order bike through SEKA directly you can wait till June when our web-store ready. And I would offer you 30% discount based on you upset on C100's order, (simply send me screenshot of C100 order confirmation and payment confirmation to get discount from us).
So Seka tell you on May 23rd that you should request a refund as C100 wont deliver their bikes. One day later on May 24th mine and others (going off the spreadsheet) requests from C100 for the full balance payment turns up. I had been in correspondence with Seka (chasing up the order) on May 18th, so they knew my contact details and likely other customers chasing details too :evil:

dsveddy

by dsveddy

daytrader wrote:Well,looks like a fraud.

Did you purchase this frame using a credit card with buyer protection?

In general, anyone planning to buy a d2c frame from China should be using a payment method with buyer protection, like PayPal or AmEx, that is active for at least 6 months. And then if you don’t get your frame within the buyer protection period, you make a chargeback claim on the credit card or apply for a refund through PayPal before the protection period closes, no matter what the seller says, you cancel the order and chargeback within the protection period. Even if the frame is shipped, open a case with your CC and explain the situation to them, and at least ask for an extension on the buyer protection. Any communications/receipts/shipping updates you get from the seller should be duplicated/printed/screenshotted because you will need them for a claim with the CC company.

Even when SEKA opens their own store, people should be careful to make sure they have buyer protection.

I don’t mean to blame the victim here, but even back in January 2023 when I ordered, it was obvious that ordering from C100 was going to be risky. Users on this forum were reporting that C100 been banned from PayPal for missing too many shipments. Everyone here should be approaching purchases with a fair deal of paranoia.

I am really sorry you are going through this. It's clear C100 has built a great deal of trust with buyers, and is seemingly exploiting it to defraud buyers.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

According to the Cycling100 website:

https://cycling100.com/policies/terms-of-service

your purchase may be governed by UK law:

SECTION 18 - GOVERNING LAW
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of UK.

Good luck enforcing your rights, I doubt very much they are a UK registered company.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com