Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

apolloFER

by apolloFER

Final weight is bang on 7.0kg (no pedals).

Light Bicycle AR55 - front flyweight, rear standard - Agilest TLR 28mm
Ultegra R8150, Kogel pulley wheels, CEMA BB (they have Trek version which is compatible with Exceed)
S-Works Power

Quick photo from the wall
2023_0302_21425300.jpeg

dsveddy

by dsveddy

Quick quesiton: when you get a SEKA through C100, does it ship with the computer mount and thru-axles? or do you have to buy those additionally?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ncr

by ncr

dsveddy wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:01 am
Quick quesiton: when you get a SEKA through C100, does it ship with the computer mount and thru-axles? or do you have to buy those additionally?
Both are included.

raffy027

by raffy027

dsveddy wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:01 am
comes with both but i highly recommend buying a bunch of derailleur hangers.

DeathClassic

by DeathClassic

Got my exceed RDC last week. Looks good, will take parts off my Supersix to build later this week. Hopefully will be looking at around 7kg.
Here's some details:
Frame RDC L Naked: 958.5g with der hanger, hardware, and forgetting to take the 10g thru axle spacer out.
Fork (uncut): 395.7g
Seatpost: No hardware: 137g
Handlebars 90mm/400mm w: 335.4g
Out front mount: 50g
Front Der Mount w/ hardware: 11.7g
Rear Der Hanger w/ hardware 12.6g

The weave underneath looks great. Its very black unless under strong light. Notably, even though my SS Evo 2 HM Disc is lighter, the walls on this bike feel much thinner and make a hollow dinking sound if that makes sense. I'd imagine it's cause of the longer tubes vs round on the evo.
Last edited by DeathClassic on Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

dsveddy

by dsveddy

DeathClassic wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:18 pm
Frame RDC L: 958.5g with der hanger, hardware, and forgetting to take the 10g thru axle spacer out.
Damn, that is WAY lighter than I bargained for. What color is this one?

Edit: Just kidding I got mixed up, my brain got mixed up and for a moment I thought the standard edition was RDC. Carry on

jonnyfive

by jonnyfive

Hi all

Received my Small Seka Exceed Blue today

Frame Small with hanger & fittings 1041g
Fork uncut 395g
380mm x 90mm Handlebar 344g
Seatpost 0 setback 121g

Thanks
Jonny

derkv

by derkv

So I was waiting for a reply for Cycling 100 for like 9 months and received this info from SEKA (my mail was forwarded to them by C100):

We are sorry to hear that you waited so long and not getting reply, we had trouble cooperating with club100 and suspended and are about to stop working with C100, so please do not place order through club100 website.
Also, we are building our online store and looking for cooperative distributors in Europe & North America. It may take 1-2 months for us to complete the construction of the online mall.

lemeneid

by lemeneid

Wow, right after Cam Nicholls slams C100, Seka themselves are pulling the plug on them.

Anyone out there with a bike and deposit placed with C100 should really consider what their next step should be.

ChaosMuppet

by ChaosMuppet

Yap, they stopped listing C100 as a dealer on their website. Of course, I preordered just a week before that video, so now I really get to see whether the service at C100 really has improved, when they process the refund I requested.

WeeniestWeigh

by WeeniestWeigh

Hi all - first post here.
I placed my order for an Exceed RDC in naked black, size M on 20/02/23 with Cycling 100.

I emailed Cycling 100 today to ask for an estimated delivery date and had a reply within the hour to say the lead time is 12 weeks and that Seka has been sent the order.

It seems that orders already placed are going to be honoured, and that Cycling 100 is must faster in responding to enquiries than in the past (compared to what had been stated previously).

I had contacted Seka directly earlier today to double check they had received my order, I'll let you all know here once they respond.

Chapps

by Chapps

Mine has been on order since 30/9/22 with C100!
RDC black small, 15mm post, 120x400 bars
With a Token/Shimano BB
It was promised December 22 then Jan 23 then Feb now by end of March 23.
Very disconcerting that C100/Seka may stop dealing with each other..
Not sure on my next move?

WeeniestWeigh

by WeeniestWeigh

I just got this back from Seka:
"We are still working with cycling100 closely to finish all existing orders, so no need to cancel your order. For future purchase our official online store will be up online later next month."

cb6dro

by cb6dro

I'm in a similar position of not knowing what to do (deposit paid to Cycling 100 on 8th Feb 2023). I emailed Cycling 100 to find out what's going on (no reply yet) and also Seka. Seka have replied, I asked if they have received my order from Cycling 100, and if C100 should suddenly cease trading will Seka honour my order. Here's the reply from Seka:
Please be rest assured, I know some posts have news about whats going on with cycling100 however it's not official release, so no action need from your side, you should continue finish your order and payment with club100. As SEKA brand official I can assure you fulfillment of your frame. While we received your order as below, you can help double check if the specs are correct for you.

Order details: XXXX

We will put out official announcement of what's going on with club100 in few days, but that really shouldn't be a concern for our bike rider since we have full control.
We are building our online store and looking for cooperative distributors in Europe. It may take 1-2 months for us to complete the construction of the online mall. We will make an announcement when our online store is released and you can put order by then. So simply understand as we are moving from co-operative sale to direct sale.
Any other question please feel free to contact me.
Edit: I've just received this from C100:
Because of the shipping and communication issues, we have decided to call off the partnership with SEKA for a while or maybe permanently. But don’t worry, we will still work closely with SEKA to fulfil all existing orders and deal with any after sales problems in the future. You will have all the after-sales guarantees that are available on the website.

So your frame will be shipped out normally, no shipping/balance changes. But if you want a refund please let us know and we will process the refund for you very soon!

Besides, there will be more new brands and new products appearing on our site, so ... hope you can check back sometime!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

Sounds like Seka finally got the message and ended their agreement with C100. Though C100 have yet to take anything off their website.